CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Official SoCal tint thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 04:13 PM
joedaddy1
Racer

Received 177 Likes on 138 Posts

is Huper Optik, ceramic?
Old 01-16-07, 04:20 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by joedaddy1
is Huper Optik, ceramic?
Yes, Huper Optik is the brand.
Old 01-16-07, 07:04 PM
IS_NIICE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lalexusgs
If I remember correct, you're somewhere in Hollywood, so Rosemead or Alhambra would be kind of far. There is one shop, on Van Nuys Blvd, right off the 101 Fwy that does great tinting job. If you take 101 North, drive about 6 miles, exit on Van Nuys Blvd south - the shop will be right after the 101 bridge on the left side. I can get an exact address and name if you are interested. I did there all my cars, and all my friends went there. The shop has lots of exotic and expensive cars coming every day. And the prices are very reasonable.
this is SUNSHIELD, next to stickercity.
Old 01-16-07, 08:24 PM
emoshun
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did a great job on my tint, I came in with my own roll, and left a happy green window'd SC owner!

California Tint Inc.
(626) 287-2321
4325 N. Rosemead Blvd.
Rosemead CA 91770
Old 01-16-07, 10:12 PM
Dr.Zeus
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people use huper optik for a lighter tint but for better heat protection. I really think its worth it but i havent gotten to do it myself
Old 01-17-07, 02:19 AM
Stormwind
Racer

Thanks, lots of good info. I couldn't find it myself from web searching alone.

Genearch - So you did sunroof as well? Any heat differences after roof tint?
Old 01-17-07, 01:13 PM
chubby
Lead Lap

does anyone know a shop that carries Huper Optik tint in green, 35%? 40%?
or at least just green tint in 35% or 40%

im looking to get tint like this

Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  37.2 KB
Old 01-24-07, 12:27 AM
KevinL
Rookie

Default Tint shop suggestions in So. Cal.

More specifically, Santa Clarita if possible. I can travel a bit if necessary but would rather go locally. I have used Black diamond on Creekside in the past but don't want to go there again. Anyone have a recommendation for a tint shop in the area that has done IS's? Also what kind of tint should I get?

Thanks!
Kevin
Old 01-24-07, 06:36 AM
juniorsdad
Lead Lap

you can chk this last thread out...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=249988
Old 01-24-07, 08:01 AM
ceatech
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by KevinL
More specifically, Santa Clarita if possible. I can travel a bit if necessary but would rather go locally. I have used Black diamond on Creekside in the past but don't want to go there again. Anyone have a recommendation for a tint shop in the area that has done IS's? Also what kind of tint should I get?

Thanks!
Kevin
if your willing to travel to sherman oaks- theres a place called sunshield glass tinting- 818/906-8468. they do an excellent job and only takes about 2 hours. they also use llumars or suntec + lifetime warranty. ive gotten my all my cars done there. lemme know if u need more info.
Old 01-24-07, 08:13 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

if you don't mind the premium cost... get ceramic!
Old 01-24-07, 09:03 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

I just called Califronia Tint and they want $120. Why so cheap? Place near my house quoted me $215.

I'm the type of guy that when is a price is to cheap I rather not go because I dont want them to mess up. I rather pay more for a good quality install.

But lots of people on here suggested California Tint so now I dont know what to do, wether to go with them or not.
Old 01-24-07, 09:50 AM
Big Steve
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
I just called Califronia Tint and they want $120. Why so cheap? Place near my house quoted me $215.

I'm the type of guy that when is a price is to cheap I rather not go because I dont want them to mess up. I rather pay more for a good quality install.

But lots of people on here suggested California Tint so now I dont know what to do, wether to go with them or not.
Peter's prices are very very good, I've had multiple vehicles tinted there, so you don't have to worry. There was one time I've had an issue with my tint, and he fixed it right away.
Old 01-24-07, 09:50 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

California Tint is a place where the price is good, and the quality is good as well. It's not going to be the BEST job in the entire world, nor is the tint the best in the industry either. But I'm not speaking negatively of California Tint either since I had my past two cars tinted there.

They have great customer service! I have known Peter since High School.
Old 01-24-07, 11:20 AM
milky
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gsrthomas

Most of the time, shops charge less because of the film they use. Last time i checked, California tint used Johnson film, which fades/turns purple after a few years. This is my experience, but a lot of ppl here will say otherwise. If you dont mind paying more, i'd recommend you to find a shop that uses higher quality film such as solargard or 3M.

Keep in mind, no shop can install tint perfectly so you might still get some dirt in the corners, and the same goes with the matrix on the top of the rear window.

Quick Reply: Official SoCal tint thread