ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   CL of Southern California (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california-149/)
-   -   Official SoCal tint thread (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-of-southern-california/474782-official-socal-tint-thread.html)

javyLSU 03-30-06 12:32 PM

Official SoCal tint thread

Due to the countless and never-ending requests for tint shop recommendations, we have merged most of the recent threads on this topic.

If you have additional recommendations or positive / negative comments on a shop, please post here.
PLEASE DO NOT start a new thread asking what many have already responded to in this thread - just add to this one.

Common sense and reason say that the shops with the most recommendations and with posts that have detailed compliments describing why a member likes a shop are probably good posts to go by. If you have a new shop that you really feel is good, we want to know about it. If they're truly good, then over time, others will follow and post as well.

This is a work in progress, but here are the shops mentioned (with reviews) in this thread, broken down by region:

San Gabriel Valley
Downtown L.A.
West L.A.Thousand Oaks/Simi ValleyRiverside/Inland EmpireSan DiegoOrange/Anaheim
Long Beach
Newport/Huntington BeachJavier

EXE.UCF10 04-03-06 04:47 PM

Song's Tint Masters
Address: 2464 W Washington Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90018
Phone: (323) 732-9100
Map

Had a chance to check out the place a month or two ago and I'd say it's a better setup than most LA tint shops out there....they actually tint your car inside the shop and not in a garage bay like most places. I'll be getting my car re-tinted by them soon...just gotta figure out how to get up that narrow driveway. :uh:

TGRich 04-03-06 04:51 PM

Thank you. I couldn't find it b/c I was searching for "Sung" (the info that was given to me) instead of "Song"

And....... 2,000 posts!

irv_usc 04-04-06 10:38 AM

window tints etc did mine. couldn't be happier

Window Tints Etc
(323) 466-0608 6030 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA

iainthim 04-04-06 03:29 PM

Andys Mobile Tinting 3108642363. ...did it at my house in my garage. $200. Andy did a good job.

GTSLEX 05-15-06 01:57 PM

TW Tinting

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a shop to tint my car this weekend and I came acroos TW Tinting in Santa Ana. They seem like a reputable shop, but i was wondering if anybody has had any experience with them. All opinions appreciated.

http://www.ocautosites.com/twtint/

iainthim 05-15-06 03:57 PM

Depending on where you live....Andy's Mobil Window Tinting-3108642363. He's mobil (did my car in my driveway in 2 hours), solid work, no problems with the so called hard to tint front windows of the 2IS. I used 20% 3M Color Stable film. Non-metalic so no issues with Nav or radio reception. $200.

fills400 05-15-06 10:51 PM

I'm normally a lurker here but i have to give my 2cents. I'm not sure what kind of car you have but my sister had her IS350 tinted at TW and they broke a couple clips while taking the door panel and tweater off. We didn't notice until 2 months after there were some rattles so we took it back to the dealership. The dealership blamed the tint shop and would not warranty the work. We took the car back to TW to have them pay for the clips and labor, but they would not honor it. TW did a good job tinting the car, but they don't have any customer loyalty.

KTGS300 05-19-06 01:38 PM

Tint shop in SoCal area?

Anyone know of a good tint shop in SoCal area? 714/626 area code. I am in Walnut/Diamond Bar area, so any shops close by there would be super.

bing0916 05-19-06 02:03 PM

i think california tint does a pretty good job its on rosemead and mission

ProjeKT SC 05-19-06 07:30 PM

+1 for california tint

Cmedrift 05-19-06 08:07 PM

i have a guy that did my car he is a mobile tinter did great job ill get u the number when i go to my car

Sexi_Lexi 05-22-06 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cmedrift
i have a guy that did my car he is a mobile tinter did great job ill get u the number when i go to my car

i'm very interested in this. Pls post the # when u get the chance. thanks!

Lexwang07 05-23-06 02:55 AM

Try tint shop at Rowland Heights! Do you know where is Colima Car Wash! You can find any tint shops near Rowland Heights and City of Industry.

teejnut 05-23-06 10:38 AM

I did mine at California Tint, no problems! I would recommend going very early if you go on a Saturday so you don't have to wait.