CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

My Dream Lexus Event

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-09, 03:16 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PandaGS430
Val -

Having a free event was good enough for some of us. I got to see a lot of old friends and make some new ones. The pursuit was a meet for us to come together and show off our rides plain and simple. It was never meant to be an all out battle and to "test" the limits of our cars. The 1/8 drag may have been short but it was still fun having it there.

You're talking about Longo showing us respect, but in-fact you are disrespecting them by saying they didn't give us a good meet. You are also disrespecting the people who made this happen which all are friends of mine. I WAS there....it was a good meet.

I love MB, I love BMW in fact I love a lot of cars and I show owners respect regardless of make...model....etc but c'mon you're on a Lexus forum of course some people will be biased just like on other forums.

Your opinion is just as valuable as everyone else on this forum but the particular tone you are setting is that of an ungrateful spoiled brat. Your tactless comments are sure to offend a lot of people who spent a great deal of time just for people to have a good Sunday.

I suggest not letting your emotions get the better of you and voicing your concerns/suggestions/feedback/opinions in a mature manner.
Yes you could say I am a brat?
You could say I am some spoiled little rich kid?
You could say anything you want?

but I know what I said, I know what I mean by it, and I know who I am.

2nd, for those of who who know me and seen me at ClubLexus meets I have always been, nice, humble, polite, etc

I'm voicing and opinion that you don't have to agree with just my thought, yes alot of you thought it was a great event and it was a success to what it accomplished but I feel very strong about what I said and you can "PM" me for any questions!
Old 09-29-09, 03:20 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by valgs350
HEY LETS STOP TAKING THIS AS A MFEST VS. CLUBLEXUS THREAD, ITS NOT!

NOW, READ BELOW,

Longo Lexus through a great event, I am saying Lexus cars are far superior and better than a 1/8 mile track, maybe Longo Lexus can grab California Speedway next year. What I wrote in my first post is, Longo Lexus should have given your Lexus cars there respect at a proper track, I know any Lexus is way more capable than 1/8 mile track.

NO ONE IS TELLING ME TO WRITE THIS, NO ONE IS SPREADING RUMORS, THIS IS ALL MY OPINION THAT LONGO LEXUS SHOULD HEAR, I UNDERSTAND YOU PUT ON A FREE EVENT, YOU CAN NEVER GET WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES BUT RESPECT THE CARS YOU ARE SELLING BECAUSE THEY ARE WAY MORE CAPABLE THAN BEING DRIVEN ON A 1/8 MILE DRAG STRIP!

GREAT EVENT, TO MAKE AN EVENT BETTER YOU NEED TO BE CRITICAL AND THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS TO LEARN FROM OTHER EVENTS, AND MAKE THE LEXUS COMMUNITY GROW TOGETHER!

and yes you will find me at the next CL meet!
This turned into CL vs. MFest once people started to throw around false accusations about people being disrespected and whatnot. But as stated before, I would like to know what company out there can afford to do things at the MFest level and at the same time keep it as a free event. Not many or any at all will take on a venture like that without a sizable ROI. This was a trial run for us and the event will be bigger and better next time.

For many people coming to The Pursuit was not about drag racing your car down the 1/8, the In-N-Out or the raffle prizes. They came to see the cars and the people associated with them, why detract from what people want by charging them to just hang out?

Lastly, and I'm repeating myself here, criticism, whether positive or negative, is always welcome because it just benefits the community in the end. Off the wall comments such as yours are just uncalled for. If you have a suggestion for next years event please feel free to contact any of the staff members.
Old 09-29-09, 03:27 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and if you think about it regular Irwindale prices racing 20 a head spectating 10 so 400-500+ people you do the math on how much money longo lexus spent for us to have that event...
Old 09-29-09, 03:29 AM
SQuiGee
Driver School Candidate

CLUB LEXUS needs to learn from MFEST, Luxury4play (Gold Rush Rally), ModBall, etc

about what the car community and what a high performance car is about, 1/8 mile was an insult.

Represent!
Old 09-29-09, 03:39 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes you could say I am a brat?
You could say I am some spoiled little rich kid?
You could say anything you want?

but I know what I said, I know what I mean by it, and I know who I am.

2nd, for those of who who know me and seen me at ClubLexus meets I have always been, nice, humble, polite, etc

I'm voicing and opinion that you don't have to agree with just my thought, yes alot of you thought it was a great event and it was a success to what it accomplished but I feel very strong about what I said and you can "PM" me for any questions!
Val, we've met and you're right you ARE nice, humble, and polite. I never would have thought you would post something like this. I wrote what I wrote because you're not even thankful for what Longo did for us. Thats it, nothing more nothing less. I would never attack you on a personal level, so please don't put words in my mouth. I get the fact you are saying our cars are worthy of better track conditions but the way you said it was just wrong. I have never stepped foot on Longo's dealership I have absolutely no connection to Longo directly but im still thankful for what they gave me. A good time and free lunch.
Old 09-29-09, 03:41 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by windex
and if you think about it regular Irwindale prices racing 20 a head spectating 10 so 400-500+ people you do the math on how much money longo lexus spent for us to have that event...
Then get me the invoice on how much Longo Lexus gave Irwindale?

P.M me for my information, so you once you find those documents you can let me know the facts rather than your assumption.
Old 09-29-09, 03:46 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Then get me the invoice on how much Longo Lexus gave Irwindale?

P.M me for my information, so you once you find those documents you can let me know the facts rather than your assumption.
What Longo Lexus paid for Irwindale is none of your concern or business for that matter. Insurance for this event was $10 million alone so that should give you an idea.

But then again, since you've worked with MFest, L4P, and Modball then you should know what events like these usually run.
Old 09-29-09, 03:48 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by miss_IS300
What Longo Lexus paid for Irwindale is none of your concern or business for that matter. Insurance for this event was $10 million alone so that should give you an idea.

But then again, since you've worked with MFest, L4P, and Modball then you should know what events like these usually run.
Insurance is massive, legal issues huge.......

Now Venue cost........

Last edited by valgs350; 09-29-09 at 04:13 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 04:24 AM
IS300eR
Lexus Test Driver

valgs350, I can see the point you're suggesting in the original post, but my questions would be that suggestion in the perspectives of "Longo Lexus".

why would a local dealership invest to advertise besides its geographical region?

You've suggested tracks such as Cali-speedway or Laguna Seca, but Longo would have no measures to gain any R.O.I. from advertising the foot-traffic of Fontana nor Monterey Bay.

btw, I'm sure you're on 6speed too, i'm "1JDM911" over there.
Old 09-29-09, 04:31 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS300eR
valgs350, I can see the point you're suggesting in the original post, but my questions would be that suggestion in the perspectives of "Longo Lexus".

why would a local dealership invest to advertise besides its geographical region?

You've suggested tracks such as Cali-speedway or Laguna Seca, but Longo would have no measures to gain any R.O.I. from advertising the foot-traffic of Fontana nor Monterey Bay.

btw, I'm sure you're on 6speed too, i'm "1JDM911" over there.
Thank You,

Yes, I do owe an apology to Longo Lexus, I should have renamed the thread "My Dream Lexus Event" but stand behind everything else I have said.

- I am on 6speed also Member-2Dakar

and Thanks for actually reading my post and making a true valid point!!!!

Yes, after thinking and talking to a couple of people I know what really happened now!

Last edited by valgs350; 09-29-09 at 05:47 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 06:14 AM
IntegresS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For many people coming to The Pursuit was not about drag racing your car down the 1/8, the In-N-Out or the raffle prizes. They came to see the cars and the people associated with them, why detract from what people want by charging them to just hang out?
I must agree here-- I know I certainly didn't come out to race my 250 lol It was a MEET afterall, right?

BTW I'm a vegetarian and even I appreciated the free In N Out!!!
Old 09-29-09, 06:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Valli PMd me and asked to close his thread. I will do so and add a few comments.

1) Posts from members who want to improve Club Lexus meets and offer constructive criticism are highly encouraged. I ask all meet organizers to keep an open mind and learn from any past issues; we all can improve upon our last attempts.

2) Threads and posts from members who wish to advance some personal beef with meet organizers or those who take the approach of making personal attacks or callouts are going to get closed or removed. We simply do not need the drama here - take it to PM or see comment #1 above for a better approach.

3) Every meet I've personally organized has been an 'all Lexus enthusiasts' welcome meet and we encourage that across all our forum events. However if the meet sponsor is Lexus or a Lexus-specific vendor then it may make sense for them to limit their giveaways or event activities to their target audience. That is fair and we thank them for their sponsorship.

I don't know what went on with the BMW folks who came to this event, but it sounds like they got into the venue for free (and got fed too?)? Just weren't eligible to run on the track or get giveaway prizes for Lexus owners which makes sense. I'd also like one of the organizers of this event or one of them to PM me to let me know if they registered for the event or informed organizers that they were coming in advance of showing up. I personally would hope we would welcome them to attend if there was room and would love to have seen the HPF car in person.

With every large group (like on CL forums or at larger meets) you're going to find a small handful of brand fanboys and lots of others who appreciate all marques. That's life folks, get over it and simply ignore those people whose views you don't agree with. I guarantee that if you go to a big BMW meet with a line of Lexus cars that you'll get exactly the same sort of thing.

4) If you don't like the venue of a meet (such as Val mentions above) or want a multi-marque car activity, want different food options, whatever.... I CHALLENGE YOU TO GET OFF YOUR SOAP BOX AND ORGANIZE YOUR OWN GIANT MEET rather than starting a post complaining about one that someone else has just spent months setting up.

The suggestions Val makes above about going to a track such as Buttonwillow are great ones; but please understand that most of our CL community is not going to be interested in that activity. I say that from several past experiences setting up and promoting road track events only to have everyone flake out or only one or two people show. Lexus enthusiasts don't gravitate to the track events the way that PCA or BMWCCA do for a number of reasons. I'd love it if that changed and we do have more folks doing these events now on CL, but you simply will not get hundreds of members attending like they would this Pursuit event.

5) I've received some absolutely wild accusations via private message and in the intro post above about profit taking from this event (I don't think there were any funds collected?), moderators going into peoples PM boxes (we absolutely can not and do not do that), etc. If you think something like that is going on, I encourage you to PM me to discuss.

I will end my diatribe (apologies) with a reminder of our forum rules regarding both meet organization and local clubs:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...aq_local_clubs
Local and Other Lexus Enthusiast Clubs
Club Lexus offers a meeting place for local Lexus clubs beyond our regional geographic forum. If you have an active large local community in your region you can private message the forum administrator for requirements on starting a local club.

All Club Lexus forum rules still apply in regional and club forums. Local club moderators will be appointed (or voted in by club members) to help augment the regular forum moderator team reviews and to organize the local club forums.

Local clubs can make and distribute club materials such as decals and shirts on our forum, but only at-cost (not marked up or for profit) basis. These items are meant to be for the promotion of the local club and not for any individual or business profit. Club promotional items are subject to review and must not use the 'official' Club Lexus logo or other copyrighted materials / trademarks. Similarly any local club enthusiast meet or event that involves an admission fee should be at-cost as well, and not for the benefit of the meet organizers.

For both club promotional items and meets organized on our forum which charge admission fees, all receipts and expenses should be saved and available for review by other club members and/or posted on the forum. The goal of this request is not to create administrative hassle, but to ensure that the product cost or event admission costs are fully transparent to the club. Donations from sponsors or local businesses (either monetary support for food / meet location costs or product giveaway) should always be fully itemized and posted on the forum after the meet, along with the screen names of raffle or contest winners.

Off-forum Lexus clubs can advertise or solicit membership only with the approval of the forum administrator. Link campaigns, PM solicitation of new members and spamming will result in PM capability removal, membership termination and/or URL ban.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/faq...ules#faq_meets
Organizing Local Meets
Unless authorized by the administrator, no meets are 'official' Club Lexus sponsored events. We do recognize that our community members as individuals may organize local or regional meets and driving events and we offer the following recommendations:

- Meets should be posted in regional forums only
- Be clear in your initial meeting post stating the purpose/focus of the meet, when it is to be held (date, meet and end times), who is invited and any activities planned. Post detailed maps and directions from multiple directions. Pick central and safe locations for the meet location.

Each driver should be personally responsible for his/her own safety and the safety of those sharing the road with them. For any events involving driving on public roads:

- Always follow all posted rules and regulations (speed limit, road cautions, etc)
- Follow good sense driving rules and caution; road driving is NOT a competition
- Do not tailgate the person in front of you
- No burnouts, drifting or other stunts
- Turn Headlights ON for safety

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-29-09 at 10:38 AM.