CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

My Dream Lexus Event

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-09, 01:22 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Dream Lexus Event

In all respect to Longo Lexus there event was great as I heard but I would rather go to a real race track like Willow Springs, Button Willow, even Laguna Seca but 1/8 mile drag is a real joke, you couldn't find a 1/4 mile drag track.

Now MFEST........

Mfest3 had a great track day at Spring Mountain Motorsports and that is something we all should look up to and do in the Lexus World, not this bull$hi7 of 1/8 mile, I'm talking about taking your car, from a ES300 - IS-F and testing your skills and car on a true race track.

CLUB LEXUS needs to learn from MFEST, Luxury4play (Gold Rush Rally), ModBall, etc

about what the car community and what a high performance car is about, 1/8 mile was an insult.

For the Moderators - Yes, If you delete my post, I know WHY?

You guys need to stop being the illuminati of Clublexus and let a real discussion happen for once

For some fellow Club Lexus members- Stop being snotty, respect other brands, I have never seen so much hate for others that I have seen on Clublexus and that is factual.

Thank You

I have been gone from Club Lexus for awhile but this is my return message, see you at the next meet!

Last edited by valgs350; 09-29-09 at 06:00 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 01:26 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so is m fest gonna be free?
Old 09-29-09, 01:31 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
so is m fest gonna be free?
I have attended Mfest, do you know what you have to pay and pay for?
Old 09-29-09, 01:32 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone wants Free stuff, sometimes the best things don't come for free!!!

Vals', congrats on the Targa Trophy Rally Run! hah 1st place next time!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/25/a...yundai-genesi/
Old 09-29-09, 01:36 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by t0e
Everyone wants Free stuff, sometimes the best things don't come for free!!!

Vals', congrats on the Targa Trophy Rally Run! hah 1st place next time!

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/25/a...yundai-genesi/
Thank You, yeah 2nd Place wasn't bad either, 2010 season hopefully we will be 1st is all 3 stages
Old 09-29-09, 01:36 AM
IS25Heaven
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, i know. but you cant be hating on a free event. if m fest was free then it would have been a different story.
Old 09-29-09, 01:40 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS25Heaven
yeah, i know. but you cant be hating on a free event. if m fest was free then it would have been a different story.
I never hated!

I said Longo Lexus should show some respect and give you guys a proper event and instead of something half-assed!

MFest- $50- $150, alot of free swag, great events, your time is respected,

Last edited by valgs350; 09-29-09 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 01:56 AM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 97 Likes on 89 Posts

so you're saying 1/8mi tracks are half-assed?

wow dude....

so Longo Lexus throwing a completely free event to ~300-400+ cars (actual attendance) is showing disrespect versus MFest (which is a great event i hear) is the godsend while having a turnover greater than $15,000-20,000 given a similar attendance with a base reg of $50.

apples to oranges being compared here.

Last edited by PureDrifter; 09-29-09 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 02:04 AM
pocky
mooncake master

I still can't figure out what Longo Lexus stole from me when I attended this event aside from sleep.

I have been hearing way too much of this Mfest crap. Mfest this, Mfest that, Mfest.

The BMW community is a different crowd. I know because I have been involved in such events in the past. Different strokes for different folks. I did not see anything wrong this The Pursuit event.

It's amazing however, that people is actually getting butt-hurt over all this, from ClubLexus members to Mfest Supporters....

Comparing apple to oranges is just right. It's DIFFERENT PEOPLE. GET OVER IT!!!!

Last edited by pocky; 09-29-09 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 02:11 AM
miss_IS300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by valgs350
In all respect to Longo Lexus there event was great as I heard but I would rather go to a real race track like Willow Springs, Button Willow, even Laguna Seca but 1/8 mile drag is a real joke, you couldn't afford a 1/4 mile drag track.

Now MFEST........

Mfest3 had a great track day at Spring Mountain Motorsports and that is something we all should look up to and do in the Lexus World, not this bull$hi7 of 1/8 mile, I'm talking about taking your car, from a ES300 - IS-F and testing your skills and car on a true race track.

CLUB LEXUS needs to learn from MFEST, Luxury4play (Gold Rush Rally), ModBall, etc

about what the car community and what a high performance car is about, 1/8 mile was an insult.

You guys need to stop being the illuminati of Clublexus and let a real discussion happen for once

For some fellow Club Lexus members- Stop being snotty, respect other brands, I have never seen so much hate for others that I have seen on Clublexus and that is factual.

Thank You

I have been gone from Club Lexus for awhile but this is my return message, see you at the next meet!
You seem to be forgetting the most important part, The Pursuit was a FREE EVENT. Many people do not realize the miscellaneous expenses that go into running an event like this. Let's run down the list

In-N-Out truck - FREE

1/8 Mile Drag - FREE
Raffle items from 20+ vendors - FREE

MFest has a great thing going and we commend them on what they're doing but there is a HUGE difference from an event that charges $50-$100 a head and an event that is completely free to spectators and owners. We even had members who are closely tied to L4P at our event and they seemed to be enjoying themselves also.

In addition to this there is absolutely nothing wrong with criticism just as long as it is constructive criticism. This was the first time that we held this event so of course there will be bumps in the road. With limited funding and the short amount of time to plan, this was what we came up with.

I just find it ironic how you are asking for the respect that the MFest owners deserved but the respect is definitely lacking in your tone in this post. Reality is that there are absolutely NO ILL FEELINGS and I repeat, NO ILL FEELINGS between The Pursuit staff and the members from MFest who showed up on Sunday. You should check your sources or come to the people who matter for the answer before assuming whatever you are assuming. Like I have said many times over, the BMW owners that I spoke with very briefly on Sunday were understanding and courteous when we told them that the track was for Lexus vehicles only. In plain english, they were cool as **** when I talked to them. It's just funny that only a few certain individuals are going around spreading rumors when for the most part, the masses had fun.

Last edited by miss_IS300; 09-29-09 at 02:16 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 02:15 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the event was held all the way out in Rosamond at Willow or farther and at a cost, the turn-out would definitely not as big as it was this last weekend.

Longo did not steal anything from anyone as none of the spectators paid anything.

The only other free event that I can compare to is the recent Mitsubishi Ralliart Day at El Toro. They had an autocross event in the open field.

Last edited by xknowonex; 09-29-09 at 02:18 AM.
Old 09-29-09, 02:58 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by valgs350
In all respect to Longo Lexus there event was great as I heard but I would rather go to a real race track like Willow Springs, Button Willow, even Laguna Seca but 1/8 mile drag is a real joke, you couldn't afford a 1/4 mile drag track.

Now MFEST........

Thank You

(takes off his "vendor" hat for a second and puts his "member" hat on... )

"And I think we've found the Kanye West of CL..."

To the OP - it's funny that you openly challenge the moderators to keep this thread open when they would actually be doing you a favor by closing it.

Now your hypocrisy in telling some Club Lexus members to not be snotty and respect other brands while insulting the Longo Lexus facility and their generosity may forever be here for everyone to see. In addition, your poor grammar, improper use of "their" and "there", and ignorance in comparing two TOTALLY different events is permanently here for everyone to observe.

You're right, I have never seen so much hate for others that I have seen on Clublexus and that is factual... and I needn't look farther than your original post.

See you at the next meet!
Old 09-29-09, 03:04 AM
valgs350
Lexus Test Driver

HEY LETS STOP TAKING THIS AS A MFEST VS. CLUBLEXUS THREAD, ITS NOT!

NOW, READ BELOW,

Longo Lexus through a great event, I am saying Lexus cars are far superior and better than a 1/8 mile track, maybe Longo Lexus can grab California Speedway next year. What I wrote in my first post is, Longo Lexus should have given your Lexus cars there respect at a proper track, I know any Lexus is way more capable than 1/8 mile track.

NO ONE IS TELLING ME TO WRITE THIS, NO ONE IS SPREADING RUMORS, THIS IS ALL MY OPINION THAT LONGO LEXUS SHOULD HEAR, I UNDERSTAND YOU PUT ON A FREE EVENT, YOU CAN NEVER GET WHAT YOUR HEART DESIRES BUT RESPECT THE CARS YOU ARE SELLING BECAUSE THEY ARE WAY MORE CAPABLE THAN BEING DRIVEN ON A 1/8 MILE DRAG STRIP!

GREAT EVENT, TO MAKE AN EVENT BETTER YOU NEED TO BE CRITICAL AND THESE ARE MY THOUGHTS TO LEARN FROM OTHER EVENTS, AND MAKE THE LEXUS COMMUNITY GROW TOGETHER!

Originally Posted by cliffud

You're right, I have never seen so much hate for others that I have seen on Clublexus and that is factual... and I needn't look farther than your original post.

See you at the next meet!
and yes you will find me at the next CL meet!
Old 09-29-09, 03:06 AM
AlphaJZS
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Val -

Having a free event was good enough for some of us. I got to see a lot of old friends and make some new ones. The pursuit was a meet for us to come together and show off our rides plain and simple. It was never meant to be an all out battle and to "test" the limits of our cars. The 1/8 drag may have been short but it was still fun having it there.

You're talking about Longo showing us respect, but in-fact you are disrespecting them by saying they didn't give us a good meet. You are also disrespecting the people who made this happen which all are friends of mine. I WAS there....it was a good meet.

I love MB, I love BMW in fact I love a lot of cars and I show owners respect regardless of make...model....etc but c'mon you're on a Lexus forum of course some people will be biased just like on other forums.

Your opinion is just as valuable as everyone else on this forum but the particular tone you are setting is that of an ungrateful spoiled brat. Your tactless comments are sure to offend a lot of people who spent a great deal of time just for people to have a good Sunday.

I suggest not letting your emotions get the better of you and voicing your concerns/suggestions/feedback/opinions in a mature manner.
Old 09-29-09, 03:14 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think your comment was pretty dumb if you were there? dont know if you were or not but there couldnt have been more than 50-60 cars running at the peak of the strip being open... Ill tell you this I have been to irwindale 5 or 6 times... I enjoy it ....and on top of that I got more runs in at the pursuit then I have all times combined from previous visits the pursuit was FREE and I STILL got free stuff and a lot of fun Im sure if lexus wanted to charge 50-100 im sure there would have been far more perks and track options I spoke with the track manager and he told me that it was 3000 to get the track for 5 hours not to mention the in n out truck (which are expensive) free prizes insurance and multiple months of planning I dont feel robbed at all

Quick Reply: My Dream Lexus Event