CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Wheel Repair - San Diego Area (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-10, 08:44 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please send me a PM once you get it done and let me know what shop you ended up going too. I need to get my rims re-done and am looking into some of these also..
Old 07-07-10, 10:53 AM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

Sundy, see if they can can give good pricing since 3 of us need work done. my wheels need to be refinished as well.
Old 07-09-10, 01:44 AM
sunny D
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

update:
so i ended up going to http://www.uswheelremanufacturing.com/ last saturday that emerson recommended in el cajon. i saw the guys work and really liked what i saw so i ended up sticking with them.

so i was just looking to get the 2 bent rims fixed, but when i got there i decided to go all out. i ended up getting all the rims fixed from curbs and bends, repolish the inner and outer barrels, have the faces re-powdercoated, and have the bolts and nuts sandblasted and zinc coated gold.

its going to take about 3-4 weeks because hes backed up with other work but overall he's charging 600 for everything.

cant wait

-sundy

Last edited by sunny D; 07-09-10 at 01:47 AM.
Old 07-09-10, 01:47 AM
sunny D
Driver

and kevin ill definitely check on what they can do if i bring more people in, how many rims you looking to have redone and what kind of work are you looking to have done to them?
Old 07-09-10, 07:39 AM
BlackFish8
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about what happened. Good luck with the repairs! Keep us updated w/ pics
Old 07-09-10, 08:16 AM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sunny D
and kevin ill definitely check on what they can do if i bring more people in, how many rims you looking to have redone and what kind of work are you looking to have done to them?
Well my wheels just need to be re-finished but i also want to get the rivets changed out to smaller ones and maybe change from chrome face to either black face with chrome lip or just brushed aluminum face with chrome lip. No bends or crub marks there are some inperfections though.
Old 07-09-10, 10:21 AM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sunny D
fix curb rash on the lips and oxidation on the face
Old 12-01-10, 05:44 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I have a rim that needs a bend fixed. I saw US wheel repair and was windering how they did for you.
Old 12-02-10, 08:41 AM
aznxenon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JustChill
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I have a rim that needs a bend fixed. I saw US wheel repair and was windering how they did for you.
I personally had poor experience with them. I had a bent wheel from a pothole a few years back, the guy fixed the bent but kept delaying because they couldn't get the paint to match (it was gunmetal). They quoted me $140. Delayed for 2 weeks and the guy finally said it was ready, I drove down from LA just to pick it up because I was on spring break. Turns out the guy didn't mount the tire for me, which was included in the quoted price. He was looking at the tire mounting machine, but said that it was good friday and all of his worker left. He said he couldn't do it.

I got fed up with it, gave him $100 and took it to my mechanic to mount the tires. When my mechanic mounted it, the paint scratched off big time. Very unpleasant experience, will never go back there again.
Old 12-02-10, 07:17 PM
rvalero
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had work done by them in the past, and my friend got a fairly nasty bend taken care of too. I experienced some delays, but mainly because of their chrome guy. My friend said that his Super Rozza's came out great.

My only complaint has to do with their seals. I had my wheels (18" VS-XX) repaired in late 2009, and all of my wheels have had seal problems. Both of my rear wheels went in 3-4x for slow leaks. My fronts were leaking BAD after I had Discount dismount and flip my tires. I haven't used my fronts since the seals were replaced, but Discount submerged the wheels to check for leaks before I put them away for pot hole season.
Old 05-17-11, 08:50 AM
jamessouza
Rookie

I'm gonna go to sd tire and wheel in kearny mesa...I just got one rim fixed at sd factory wheel repair or something like that...they did a good job too..now i got another one....i'll let you know on price and quality.
Old 05-19-11, 09:42 AM
MotoX
Pole Position

Default Need New Tires (San Diego)

Anyone know good price on tires around San Diego?

Thanks!!!!
Old 05-19-11, 09:48 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you find a good price on a set of tires online, print it out and take it to a Discount Tire/America's tire. They will almost always price match it no questions asked.

http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse....ount_Tires.cfm

Just go to the search products thing on the left and select tires from the drop down and then do the size(s) you want. Usually that site has it at a good price, just print out the page and take it to discount tire.
Old 05-19-11, 10:12 AM
DickChang
Rookie

I just bought a set of staggered Michelin PS2's from the Discount Tire on Mira Mesa last night. The price was good, although if I had known about the website that KillaIS250 posted and done a price match, I could have saved about 50 bucks.
Old 05-19-11, 10:19 AM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

Try going to Bear's Tires in Mira Mar their prices are pretty good and if you don't mind used tires their prices are even better

Quick Reply: Wheel Repair - San Diego Area (The Mother thread)