CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Left Longo service feeling like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-06, 02:22 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Speaking of Longo. I tried getting a oil change, and they said I need to make an appointment for a oil change 2 weeks in advance. It's just a oil change... But then again. They are a high volume dealer.

Speaking of Glendale, Is there a service advisor someone can recommend me?
Old 04-20-06, 04:22 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jinetix
WOW.. I AM HAVING THE WORST TIME EVER HERE AT LONGO. I'VE BEEN HERE SINCE 10:30am.. so its been over three hours already.. and I'm still waiting.

The first service went well, they didn't give me any **** about my LMS intake.. but they put a scratch on my rear door. They used rubbing compound and it didn't work, so I told them to do what they can. They brought their professional detail team and they color sanded it and it's still there. Then they say that they cant do anything or else they'll polish off the paint. They offered to repaint the door but they said it'll probably not match 100%.

I spotted some more slight scratches on the trunk lid when they put it in the sunlight as well.

F*CAKAGAD I should've told them not to wash the car after servicing. I brought the car in clean, clayed, and waxed.. and they still washed it. What the feezy..

Should I tell them to repaint my door? My car is Black Onyx.
damn that sucks man! sorry to hear!

Has anyone else had this experience at Glendale Lexus? Where you ask them not to wash your car but they still do?
Old 04-20-06, 05:38 PM
jinetix
Pole Position

I didn't want to take the risk of them repainting it and have it not match the rest of the car. They said they'll hook it up with the 10,000 mile service for free. The guys seemed friendly.. but I just cant believe they scratched the car.

I dealt with Dennis Preuss.. seems pretty chill.. and David Funk.
Old 04-21-06, 08:11 AM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I got my car last night from Crown Lexus and they replaced the battery at no charge and the new battery is warrantied for 84 months or 7 years. That is so awesome! I also noticed the battery had a Lexus sticker and it's made in Mexico. Personally I'd rather have it made in Japan but at least it's not made in China like everything else. I am so happy that my battery is good until 2013. Great job Lexus...

Last edited by Trexus; 04-22-06 at 10:33 AM.
Old 04-21-06, 09:33 PM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Default Lexus of Westminster

Is either Glendale or Westminster mod friendly?
Since I don't have my car modded yet, I called my service guy John, and asked him just this question. The first thing he said was that "one of the service managers, and a couple of the service guys race", and that they are the "first ones to look for new mods when they come out"....
He also said that they try and "see the bigger picture" when it comes to mods, and that they try to be as "flexible" as is possible. He also went on to say that if a mod directly causes a problem, theres not much that they could do in that case, but that they do try and make a customer as happy as possible. I can vouch for this, as EVERYONE in the service dept. is awesome.

Old 04-25-06, 10:45 AM
GSXOTIC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

call me crazy, but over the weekend I drove all the way from OC to Keyes Lexus at Sherman Oak just for service. Although putting a car seat and letting wife in the back seat of the SC430 was a pain, the job was done right and i got the personal attention that every Lexus owner deserved and should have expected.

Couple items worth of mention tho. I always use Mobile 1 for my car but was surprised to find out this is NOT EVEN an option at Keyes. In addition, there is a re-fueling policy for the loaner car. Is this true for other dealership? I only have limited resources to compare to since Keyes is the 2nd dealership (LEXUS) I have visited for service need.

In any event, Keyes is but I wish I can find something local to service my car due to the high gasoline price now.... the search continues~~~
Old 04-25-06, 12:29 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC

In addition, there is a re-fueling policy for the loaner car. Is this true for other dealership? ~~
Cerritos Lexus has that refueling policy on loaners too. maybe its a new policy for all the dealerships?
Old 04-26-06, 12:02 AM
PoppFlyy
Pole Position

Lexus of Westminster also has a refueling policy for loaners

Old 04-26-06, 08:07 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Lexus of Westminster is badass. Their sales floor and service floor are at different location (about a mile from each other). I remember it use to be stuff in the back because of so little space. Now with the new facility (biggest in the west), it's much more relieving.

They have plenty of loaner cars. Usually I see RX, ES, and possibly some GS, but i'm not sure.

I live a mile away from them, but have never needed service because I'm just that damn good. jk.
Old 04-26-06, 10:27 AM
house66
Rookie

Default Lexus Kearney Mesa Sux!

I just want to let you know of an experience that I just had with LKM. I have been complaining about the car being unstable on groved and uneven roads since I bought my GS430 1 year ago. At the time of purchase I noted that they had put POS $108 Fuzion ZRi tires on the car and I asked for them to be replaced, needless to say they didn't do it. After I replaced the factory shocks/springs and had it aligned I took the car back for the same thing. They kept it a week at which point the aligned the car and said they adjusted the toe and attempted to fix a dash rattle. Fast forward to two weeks ago, I take the car back in for the same thing and they keep it 4 days. Finally I have to call to see if the car is ready and after being put on hold and transfered for 20 minutes I finally get told that my car is done and to come pick it up. I get there and start reading what they had done and they effectively did nothing, here is the write up on the instability problem.

Anytime on a grooved or uneven roads the car wanders and acts up. Must pay strict attention when driving chk and adv.

Response: test drove vehicle and inspect. Aftermarket springs and shocks . Vehicle has been lowered and has directional tires with aggressive directional tread. Front tires are nearing wear bars on inside edge. Camber is negative, tire design is causing vehicle to "road walk". Replacement of tires could help but cannot guarantee recommendation due to modification of vehicle

I couldn't believe it, they aligned the car last and did not mention anything about the car being out of spec and they say this! They also mentioned the suspension in my complaint about a dash rattle and said it wasn't covered under CPO, this after they had the dash apart last time. Needles to say I wrote a length letter to Ann Anderson the Customer Sevice Representative. After 1 week here is the response I got

Jason I apologize for the delay, however it has been determined that this dealership has done all that we can do in this matter. You may contact Lexus Customer Service at 180025Lexus as this would be the next level of assistance for you to pursue in this matter.

Best Regards,

Ann Anderson

NICE huh?

Old 04-27-06, 02:35 PM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GSXOTIC
In any event, Keyes is but I wish I can find something local to service my car due to the high gasoline price now.... the search continues~~~
Got to agree, I've been using Keyes since '99. Outstanding service
Old 04-27-06, 09:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
you know where i go too, jay
Old 04-27-06, 10:57 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INHOCJP
Really? My sales experience there wasn't great. I did the Costco pricing for an IS350 there and David Drews didn't seem very interested when I came in to talk about pricing and to look at the car. Maybe it's cause I'm a young asian guy... So I guess from my sales experience there it makes me feel like their service department will be the same way.
Old 04-28-06, 01:21 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by teejnut
Really? My sales experience there wasn't great. I did the Costco pricing for an IS350 there and David Drews didn't seem very interested when I came in to talk about pricing and to look at the car. Maybe it's cause I'm a young asian guy... So I guess from my sales experience there it makes me feel like their service department will be the same way.
sales and service department, i don't really think they have anything to do with each other. when i bought my cars from longo, i love the sales (well basically i love the salesperson), but their service has been sub par since my first visit
Old 04-28-06, 01:59 PM
teejnut
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
sales and service department, i don't really think they have anything to do with each other. when i bought my cars from longo, i love the sales (well basically i love the salesperson), but their service has been sub par since my first visit
I agree with you that they are totally apart from eah other. But it just FEELS like if they can't do one side right how they going to do the other side right kind of thing.

Thanks all for the feedback. Both Keyes and Glendale are pretty close for me to go to them.

Quick Reply: Left Longo service feeling like crap.