CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Left Longo service feeling like crap.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-06, 07:06 PM
liquid2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the noise coming from the hinge fro mthe hardtop??? Our sc does the sameeeeeeeeeee but it comes and goes like...whenver it feels like it
Old 04-12-06, 07:30 PM
aznxguy714
Pole Position

I take my car to the westminster lexus service center. Haven't had a problem with them at all. I recommend them.
Old 04-12-06, 07:48 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

I had a problem with my tire sensor on my IS350 and called up Longo to set up an appointment to. The lady told me it was real busy and that I shouldnt bother coming in anytime soon... I asked how long and she said over 4 hours. Being a new lexus owner, I was shocked... I was under the impression that Lexus was KNOWN for their great customer service.. and Longo being one of the bigger ones in socal...

To make a long story short, the next closest one was in Glendale (I live in Old Town Pasadena). I called up, they said bring in the car right away, we will give you a loaner lexus free of charge. Richard Fong took care of me and the overall service was great. I couldnt be happier at how I was treated. Very professional staff and nice facilities. So go to Glendale Lexus if it isnt too far for you.
Old 04-12-06, 10:37 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
Sorry to hear. Lexus service is much like everything else. Some good. Some BAD!!! I have had my dealings with the bad. Also had my share of the good and very good which is most of the time. Last service I had at a dealership was Lexus of Riverside and things went very well.
You know what's ironic? The former Service Manager at Longo Lexus moved over to Riverside in the same position. This was starting earlier this year.
Old 04-13-06, 12:55 AM
xknowonex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus of Westminster is the best that Ive heard. My professor's SC400 head gasket blew at barely 100k miles and they replaced his engine at no charge even when it has been out of warranty. After that, he is very loyal to Lexus and religiously takes all of his Lexuses there to this day.
Old 04-13-06, 01:54 AM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teejnut
Hi All,

What LA dealership do you guys recommend for service? I bought my IS350 from Longo and so far the service has been great, but after reading some comments here I might think otherwise.

TJ
I would say that it might depend on your luck. If so far, so good, why not keep with it?

That said, I don't want to add to the complaints against Longo, as our service experience there years ago was very good. But I haven't been there since the remodeling...or in recent years. All I know is that as the most popular dealer in CA, Longo has a massive base of customers and consequently longer wait times and likely shorter service. Sure you get more lounge facilities but the wait is still long.

On the sales front however I can say that we went back to Longo first when we were looking at the LS 430, and the experience there was not as good as before. First off, it was very busy and we got rather brush-off treatment from the new guys there (our old salesman had been promoted, plus we called in earlier and he was out sick that day). We got the sense that there was some arrogance among some of the staff there. In the end we took our business to Lexus of Glendale and had far better treatment and service there. Plus the facility is brand new and not so crowded.
Old 04-13-06, 02:10 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Lexus of Beverly hills is the place I would go
Old 04-13-06, 02:43 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
whose the service manager you talked to? that's for sure bunch of BS and really bad.... but then again not like i have really liked longo service much anyway. especially that man wong, been dealing with him twice, for sure i don't like for a third time.

sorry to hear about your problem again dan
Henry, kinda curious on how your experience with Mr. Wong was like in the past. I also was at Longo that very same day as Dan_K (04/11/06) and Mr. Wong was the one who helped me. I did notice he wasn't up to speed on the cost of various services. I used to go to Crown Lexus but there was this service guy there (I can't remember his name) and he was the ultimate jerk.

Last edited by Trexus; 04-13-06 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-13-06, 02:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
Henry, kinda curious on how your experience with Mr. Wong was like in the past. I also was at Longo that very same day and Mr. Wong was the one who helped me. I did notice he wasn't up to speed on the cost of various services. I used to go to Crown Lexus but there was this service guy there (I can't remember his name) and he was the ultimate jerk.
that very same day?! we were at lexus together?

anyway, long long time ago (back in 02), i got cel, went there, he took me in, asked me to wait, couldn't get the car back to me, had to give me a loaner after several hours of wait i think, and then next day he called and said couldn't find anything wrong, try to use some techron.... of course that didn't do squard. later on found that the fuel pump was damaged. cost me 90 bucks for some techron suggestion. i got the problem fixed elsewhere.

second time, brought my sc430 in for warranty work. dropped it off, and he told me sorry no loaner. he could get me an enterprise if i wanted. what an insult, considering i saw line of loaners out there. i drove 400 miles from norcal to socal for that "warranty work".... talked to liz, she pulled some strings and got a loaner for me for the weekend. and the car came back? they "fixed" the problem but of course the problem was still there.... i just went elsewhere to fix it
Old 04-13-06, 08:46 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I guess they're always some people that don't work out well at different dealerships...after all they're all human...
Old 04-13-06, 09:00 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes, I agree we are all human but in the service industry if you want repeat and happy customers not only should a service manager meet but exceed our expectations.
Old 04-15-06, 11:34 AM
Dan_K
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, thanks for all of your input everyone. After the inital post, I took my car to Glendale Lexus after PMing Peter. Within a half-hour, I received phone call from Warren Berman (I appologize for the spelling if it is wrong because there are too many ways to spell his last name) and he asked me to come in and see them. They were very professional and efficient and the very next day, I received call to tell me my car was ready. This is something that took less than an hour to diagnose and correct while Longo wanted the car there for "at least two full days"?!?!
I heard from my cousin, and now read, that the service at Westminster is fantastic but living in the heart of the Los Angeles county makes it tough to get down to the OC. As for Longo, perhaps going above ground made them forget that customer service is important.
Now for my car. I just went to pick up my car and there is no squeeking. According to the invoice, it required an adjustment on the metal top hinges because of "poor fit" and it was corrected within an hour. On top of this, it was warranty work. And they even went so far as to change the battery on my remote/key. So liquid2, they solved my squeeking problem, so far.
Thanks again for all your support and suggestions. You people are great!
Dan
Old 04-15-06, 01:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

BIG BIG thum up to lexus of glendale, this is real service and what i call real lexus experience. superb!
Old 04-15-06, 06:17 PM
knihc2008
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just worked out a deal on an IS350 at lexus of glendale today. not service related, but still FANTASTIC SERVICE. big thumbs up to them!
Old 04-15-06, 11:28 PM
vipermann1
Intermediate

I purchased my 2002 LS430 from Longo also. Back then the sales and service were awesome.
I was very pleased with both the buying experience and the service.

But that has changed since their new service center and new parking garage opened.

Recently, their sales people seem arrogant (low balled me my tradein), then claimed that all my 2002 LS439 was worth.
Jerk offered me $22,000 and said they have little trade-in value.

Then I walk him over to their used LS430 section, where they have a similar car listed for $37,000 on their lot.

I talked to sales people at Santa Monica Lexus, Thousand Oaks Lexus, Oxnard Lexus, and Woodland Hills Lexus. All have thesame attitude and could care less now.

I am now looking at the Escalade. Believe it or not, GM dealers (after selling cars at employee pricing, are workig very hard to make deals.) GM's dealers bad attitude seems to be fading.

But seems Lexus is going the snobby and tough attitude ..... like BMW and Mercedes!!!

Quick Reply: Left Longo service feeling like crap.