CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

help me making up my mind

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-05, 11:42 AM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help me making up my mind

as a few of the members here know my car got broken in like a week ago , so now i m trying to get the car fix. i already reported to insurance and they did recommand 2 shops which are close to me, don't know how good they are, and some search and still can't really find much about them, the first one is Alliance Collision, which is in costa mesa, and the other one is CA Auto Collision Inc. which is in fountain valley, if any of the member knows anything about them, please let me know.

the damages on my car are 1, body damage right next to the lock from the out side( if u looking at the door, lock, to the right of the lock, a hole is therr, and the thief damaged my driver side door lock as well, so my alarm is all mess up, won't lock from the inside unless doing it by hand, i think pretty much i have to go to lexus to get that fix, and my other situation is that i also have some damages on my body kit, so i was thinking since it is going to be in the shop to fix the door, might as well have the shop fix up and repaint the kit as well on my own expense.

here is why i can't make up my mind, i m afraid that they will do a good job on just repairing the damages from the incident, but won't be as good when they repair the kit.

thx for any input.
Old 09-20-05, 11:49 AM
Jay
Lexus Champion

If you know HOW, then do it yourself !!

Can't they (insurance co.) jus pay you direct and you worry about where and how to fix your car ??

Good luck to you and sorry to hear about your car "broken in" deal !!

JAY
Old 09-20-05, 02:14 PM
ShadyJC
Lexus Test Driver

Most insurance companies have direct-pay arrangements with certain body shops. This is just more convenient to you, the customer... often when fixing a car a body shop will find little things that require more money to fix... with a direct arrangement you never have to get involved.

Of course, they will cut you a check if you wish (based on the adjuster's estimate) but any future changes and it is a hassle.
Old 09-20-05, 04:10 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soarer1023
as a few of the members here know my car got broken in like a week ago , so now i m trying to get the car fix. i already reported to insurance and they did recommand 2 shops which are close to me, don't know how good they are, and some search and still can't really find much about them, the first one is Alliance Collision, which is in costa mesa, and the other one is CA Auto Collision Inc. which is in fountain valley, if any of the member knows anything about them, please let me know.

the damages on my car are 1, body damage right next to the lock from the out side( if u looking at the door, lock, to the right of the lock, a hole is therr, and the thief damaged my driver side door lock as well, so my alarm is all mess up, won't lock from the inside unless doing it by hand, i think pretty much i have to go to lexus to get that fix, and my other situation is that i also have some damages on my body kit, so i was thinking since it is going to be in the shop to fix the door, might as well have the shop fix up and repaint the kit as well on my own expense.

here is why i can't make up my mind, i m afraid that they will do a good job on just repairing the damages from the incident, but won't be as good when they repair the kit.

thx for any input.

hey bud, you went to CSUF right? i think i remember you going there. Anyhow...fiberglass is easy to repair. i repaired my rear bumper and when i went to the body shop, a customer asked who my body man was! LOL. I told him i did it myself and he was amazed. But i recommend you do the glass work yourself, then just have the bodyshop paint it and fix minor imperfections with the bondo.
Old 09-20-05, 05:02 PM
soarer1023
Lead Lap

yup that me, i go to CUSF, thx for the advice, and same for others who put in some words, still considering something but will make a decision very soon.
Old 09-20-05, 05:20 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by soarer1023
yup that me, i go to CUSF, thx for the advice, and same for others who put in some words, still considering something but will make a decision very soon.
go to Home Depot and buy a fiberglass repair kit for $15-30 bucks. Just Add two layers of glass on the back and be done with it. Let the body shop bondo the rest in the front. Shops charge $150+ for minor glass work, which is a lot if you ask me.