CL of Hawaii Home of Club Lexus Hawaii

Paint Correction & Ceramic Pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-15, 01:18 AM
Lexwerkes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Correction & Ceramic Pro

Here’s some pictures of our 2013 450h. We had it detailed and had Ceramic Pro permanent coating applied by Robert at Automotive Emporium. We are very pleased with the results. The gloss and depth for even a Starfire White Pearl car is amazing. Robert is a top notch detailer and it shows. He is meticulous with his paint correction technique and only removes what he needs to correct the finish. He also takes the time to mask adjacent areas as he works a section at a time. He then took several days to apply multiple coats of the Ceramic Pro. I’ve had 22PLE, Opticoat and GTechniq C1 applied to my cars. I’ve liked the gloss of the 22PLE but it lacked the durability of the Opticoat. Ceramic Pro seems to have the gloss and is easy to maintain because water rolls off of the surface. In time we will see if it can match the durability of the Opticoat.
Attached Thumbnails Paint Correction & Ceramic Pro-lexus-450h-rear-quarter.jpg   Paint Correction & Ceramic Pro-lexus-450h-front-quarter.jpg   Paint Correction & Ceramic Pro-lexus-450h-rear-quarter-2.jpg  
Old 12-07-15, 06:30 PM
jsmacks
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice.. I have an appointment with Robert as well this next week to get 5x coats of the 9H on the new RC F we picked up last Thursday. The only downside I've read so far from another CL member is that it's so slick, that wax doesn't work very well on it. Anxious to that get that soft Lexus clear coat sealed up. I've also used 22PLE in the past and can't wait to see what 5x coats of pro polished 9H looks like..

..and if you guys spot a USB (Ultra Sonic Blue) RC F around town, that would be me. I think it may be the only USB on the island..?
Old 12-08-15, 01:05 AM
Lexwerkes
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jsmacks
Nice.. I have an appointment with Robert as well this next week to get 5x coats of the 9H on the new RC F we picked up last Thursday. The only downside I've read so far from another CL member is that it's so slick, that wax doesn't work very well on it. Anxious to that get that soft Lexus clear coat sealed up. I've also used 22PLE in the past and can't wait to see what 5x coats of pro polished 9H looks like..

..and if you guys spot a USB (Ultra Sonic Blue) RC F around town, that would be me. I think it may be the only USB on the island..?
I will be on the look out for your car that is a beautiful color on a beautiful car. It looks especially good in the sun. I had a BMW M6 in Stratus Grey and it looked like battleship gray when cloudy and when the sun came out the gray metallic flake and the iridescent top coat came to life. You're going really enjoy the Ceramic Pro.

Seeing that you live on the windward side, you will enjoy the ease of maintenance with the Ceramic Pro. Robert is a top notch and will do a wonderful job of prepping your car's surface. Even though your car is new, he will put it under the lamps and correct the surface as needed. He only does as much as he needs to the way the best details do the correction. I liked the worked that he did and the results so much I also had him do my 911.

You're going to want to take pictures as soon as you pick up the car. The pier off of where Fisherman's Wharf used to be is a good close place to take pictures. Ask Robert for directions to the wharf.

If you see someone waving at you in Kailua in a Silver 911, Silver SL55, Red 67 Vette or Blizzard White 450h in Kailua that me, so wave back
Old 01-20-16, 01:15 AM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Any updates on the first couple of months?