Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What do you think of the new Corvette?
I like it
46.67%
I don't like it
6.67%
I need to see it in person
20.00%
I would never but a Vette regardless
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Spy photo 2005 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-03, 04:31 PM
UncleNick
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by jimxo
I owned a 1989 Vette (new) and never had a problem with the car. I thought the car was tight and had a great fit and finish. A friend of mine has a 1995 Chevy pick-up with 100k miles he has never been to the dealer for service. He replace the windshield and fixed a broken driver seat himself. On the other had I sat in a 2000 Escalade with 58k miles and it looked like the car was 10 years old I guess not all GM cars are good but there a few worth driving.
Ok, let me explain.....I have owned 67 Firebird, 87 Grand National, 87 Corvette, 88 Monte Carlo SS, 80 Z-28., 92 RS Camaro, 94 S-10SS, 94 TransAm, 95 TransAm, 96 Ram Air Formula, and the 99 30th Anniv Pace Car Trans Am Conv. I was the poster boy for a GM family. I never looked at another automaker period. Until the late model GM stuff started to emerge

The older GM cars & trucks were awsome(except the 87 Vette...AKA the money pit), then things changed, around the 95 build year, the GM quality started to become poor, fit and finish became very poor, like leaking t-tops, rubber seals that were dry and brittle in 2 years, numerous rear gears in F-Bodys and well the list goes on and on. Lets see, the 95 TransAm I lemon lawed because of 3 Opti-Spark assemblies in a 2 month period, The real kicker was when I bought my 99 30th Annivsary TransAm Pace Car Convertable, one of 30 pace cars actually used in the 99 Daytona 500, I spent a pretty penny to get this beast, the car of my dreams and this became the worse damn car I have ever owned. Count em, 6 convertable tops, 2 power window motors, water leaks they could never fix, 4 rear gears, both ft headlamp motors, heck the TransAm badges fell off on the way to a car show and when I got there the car said "Tra am" !!!!! The dealer refused to help me fix the car. I called GM direct and their answer was there is nothing wrong with car and their for we will not fix something that is not broken...what is the ol GM service saying...."That's normal", it's going to make that clunking sound in the rear end....yea right before it breaks...LOL!!! I have documentation showing the 2 years of owning the car it spent almost 10 months in the shop!!!!!! Brand loyality meant dog crap to them. They lost a lifetime loyal customer because they were to busy with their GM top Execs heads up their a$$. Oh well, trust me....I am not alone on this GM thing. Oh yea, just incase there is any doubt in what I have said here, .They even knew they built crap.

Corvetteforum > C1 & C2 Corvettes > Check this out.... GM admits to being a CRAPPY company..... Road to Redemption.... (Read Only Topic) (Printable Version)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click here to print this topic.

Post Title: Check this out.... GM admits to being a CRAPPY company..... Road to Redemption....
Posted by: achapman at 6:35 AM 6/17/2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GM has launched a "Forgiveness Campaign" and says that is has built crappy cars...... but is turning itself around.... Not quite sure how to read all of this..... Should I or ...... Or is all of this just .... All of this info is making me
Anyway here is a link to the article: http://slate.msn.com/id/2084377/

And here is the link to the GM Web Site: http://www.gm.com/vc/story/home_flash.htm
Old 08-29-03, 01:43 PM
LexRoc
Lead Lap

I think the final product is going to look great. The only thing Im not crazy about is the fixed headlights.

I have a 2000 C5 and I have had the most fun with that car than any other cars that I have owned. You definately get your bang for the buck with the Corvette. At this point, I probably wouldnt trade up, as I have only owned my car since May.

I have owned many GM cars and for the most part never had any trouble with them (knock on wood I realize that they have quality control problems, and for that, I will always be hesitant on buying GM....bu I had to have a C5.
Old 08-29-03, 01:51 PM
nima
Driver

Too bad its only 2+2. Can't fit the kid in back!