Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Any lawyers on here, just a brief question.. and also some questions in general.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-19, 04:40 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts
Default Any lawyers on here, just a brief question.. and also some questions in general.

Hi guys
So here is a question if there is a lawyer onboard here:

1. So US safety recalls have to be done worldwide on "US" cars, regardless of current location and time lapsed. That part is clear and I know about, so say in my situation where I am in a different country, am I correct in saying that Lexus n Ukraine then performs the required works on behalf of Lexus US? And therefore Lexus US is still liable for the work performed? And in my case where the job was botched I can then sue Lexus US for a remedy?

I've tried googling but does anyone know or have been told by the dealership about how long the recall work is warrantied for?

Thanks guys !
Old 07-21-19, 07:42 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

whoever botched the job is responsible to make it right or compensate you in some other way, i’d say.
i don’t believe lexus u.s. will want to be involved at all.
but lexus in ukraine may want to ‘encourage’ whoever did the work to make it right one way or another, so i’d start with determined communication with lexus of ukraine if who did the work doesn’t want to make it right.