Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

The 2020 Chrysler Voyager...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-19, 07:51 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
They really weren’t
Oh but they were LOL. Not everything was design to be kept forever or a long time. Cars in that era were traded much quicker. I never took durability into the equation. Seat size and cushions and stuff like that, I found more appealing compared to the modern era.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 07-16-19 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-16-19, 08:28 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,577 Likes on 1,856 Posts

I just totally disagree. Seats were shapeless and non supportive, leather was low quality and cheap, the tufted designs flattened out and looked terrible in a short period of time. Modern seats and materials are much better.
Old 07-16-19, 12:53 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
My CT had fake leather.
Exactly. That's just what I said (re-read my post if necessary). And, while you are free to have your own opinion, I think we can both agree that that fake leather (NuLuxe) in the CT (and in other Lexus models) is some of the best substitutes available. I have fake leather (leatherette) in my Lacrosse, and it is also one of the better grades on the market. Either way, I'm sure the cows agree LOL.
Old 07-16-19, 02:27 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 138 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Exactly. That's just what I said (re-read my post if necessary). And, while you are free to have your own opinion, I think we can both agree that that fake leather (NuLuxe) in the CT (and in other Lexus models) is some of the best substitutes available. I have fake leather (leatherette) in my Lacrosse, and it is also one of the better grades on the market. Either way, I'm sure the cows agree LOL.
While shopping for a replacement for our A6 I recently took a test drive in the new ES350 which had the NuLuxe seats. I learned the ES isn't my cup of tea but was impressed with the NuLuxe. It had a VERY nice look and feel.
Old 07-16-19, 03:39 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
Brought to you by the people who decided to ditch the famous minivan Town & Country name to name the Pacifica after a easily forgotten terrible two row wagon thing they made for a few years lol
See how well you remembered it? Pacifica was a 3-row wagon thing.
Old 07-16-19, 03:41 PM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Those leathers and finishes were so much better than the stuff they use today. Cheap crap today.
I will admit I can't speak from experience of ever touching or seeing "Corinthian" leather, but there is absolutely no way that Chrysler "Corinthian" leather that's the butt of so many jokes is better than today's leather interiors.
Old 07-16-19, 03:57 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I will admit I can't speak from experience of ever touching or seeing "Corinthian" leather, but there is absolutely no way that Chrysler "Corinthian" leather that's the butt of so many jokes is better than today's leather interiors.
Well, that's just it, tex.....although there are a few exceptions, most of today's interiors, unless you pay big money or go wth top-trim versions, aren't real leather to start with, but synthetic. And some of that synthetic stuff can be very good, as the Lexus NuLuxe proves.
Old 07-24-19, 08:45 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Dodge Grand Caravan reportedly will cease production in 2020

The Chrysler Voyager will take its place

Production of the Dodge Grand Caravan will end in May as Fiat Chrysler steers minivan buyers into its new, entry-level Chrysler Voyager, according to a forecasting company.

AutoForecast Solutions LLC, in its weekly report, said Grand Caravan production at FCA’s Windsor, Ont., assembly plant is expected to end on May 22. Sam Fiorani, vice president of global vehicle forecasting at AutoForecast Solutions, said FCA moved up the end of production to May from December, as it aims to transition Caravan buyers over to the Voyager.

“For the 2020 model year, they’ll likely run to fleet and then get the consumers to buy the new Voyager,” Fiorani said.

FCA Canada spokeswomen LouAnn Gosselin did not immediately return a request for comment.

FCA is resurrecting the Voyager nameplate for the 2020 model year. Production of the Voyager is expected to begin in August in Windsor alongside the higher-end Pacifica minivan and the Grand Caravan. Fiat Chrysler said in June that the Voyager would be marketed toward budget-conscious families and fleet customers, much in the same way the Grand Caravan is.

Whether the automaker can capture Grand Caravan buyers with the Voyager will be a critical question for FCA Canada as it sticks with its two-minivan strategy amid declining minivan sales. The Grand Caravan, despite not having a major redesign since 2008, still accounts for a bulk of FCA Canada’s minivan sales. According to the Automotive News Data Center, FCA Canada sold 15,943 Grand Caravans in the first half of 2019, compared with just 2,216 Pacifica minivans.

It is not known when the Voyager will be available for purchase in Canada. Gosselin told Automotive News Canada in June that the minivan would “eventually be available” and that the Grand Caravan would remain available for purchase in 2020.

In the United States, the Voyager will be offered to consumers in two trim lines: L and LX. An LXi trim line will be offered to fleet customers.

The 2020 Chrysler Voyager has a starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of $26,985, excluding $1,495 destination charge.

It will start arriving in U.S. dealerships this fall, according to FCA.
https://canada.autonews.com/automake...g-company-says
Old 07-24-19, 09:33 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,577 Likes on 1,856 Posts

Good move for FCA