Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Get a Lexus LC 500 Now for a Great Price

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-19, 09:29 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

This was expected. They priced the LC too high which means sales aren't very good. In some ways the LC is not so expensive when you compare it to its competitors from BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, even Aston Martin but knocking on or over 100K is just not what people want to pay when it comes to Lexus in most cases, the new LS has dropped significantly in sales again this month and it does not have the beauty or 8 cylinder of the LC. It is not just Lexus who prices their more up level coupes way too high, Mercedes and BMW have done it too which is why Mercedes S class coupe sales are almost non existent, I doubt the 8 series will take off too much with its boring 3 series clone interior and 100K price tag though considering the performance and what you get it is not too bad, you seem to get just about everything standard in a 8 series too. NSX has a pricing problem too.

It is a shame because the LC is a great looking coupe, if they got it in the 70's, even a 6 cylinder version in the mid to high 60's I think sales would be pretty solid and you see them on the road more. I think a de tuned LC500 with around 420-430hp priced in the low 80's could generate a decent bump in sales. I really hope they don't kill the LC due to low sales and do what they can to get sales to where it should be, same with the NSX, there are too few good looking 2 doors to choose from these days and most of the ones that people really want are just priced too high.

Last edited by UDel; 04-07-19 at 09:34 AM.
Old 04-07-19, 10:28 AM
EXE46
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

The LC is gorgeous, aside from the LFA it's the most interesting car Lexus makes to date. I would gladly take over any BMW. The thing looks and sounds like an exotic and more than capable for fast daily driving. It's not deficient in power for a non track car and if one is incline to take it to the track, it is more than capable there too. If it had the roundel, MSRP would be 50k higher.
Old 04-07-19, 11:26 AM
Johnhav430
Lexus Fanatic

Received 372 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by arentz07
Right, and I don't mean to dismiss the BMW outright. I haven't personally encountered any issues with brake rotors on my cars over the years, 3 of which have been either Toyota or Lexus, but I haven't held onto any of them for more than 4 years...

Let's face it, you couldn't go wrong picking up with the 8 or the LC new. They're both awesome and have decades of engineering experience behind them.
I think we're in agreement. As far as all the Lexus go, the LC seems serious. Seems to be in this thread we agree it stickers too high. I have no doubt it would be very enjoyable to take on a trip.

Anyway, here are pics to illustrate. When I did my rear brakes for the first time, on my LS430, I noticed a rust stripe and was thinking wth? Then others on the forum both downplayed and said it bothers them too. So it really depends, probably only 10% is bothered.

But from then on I would look at other Asian cars and they're all the same from Hyundai to Honda to Infiniti. On a German car the pads sweep edge to edge, no gap, that was one example....on my BMW, I did my brakes 9 1/2 yrs. after taking delivery. The front rotors fell off from being pounded with my palm after removing the set screws. Japanese cars have extractor bolt holes. Another detail, Lexus doesn't have set screws (mine doesn't). Hondas do, but they rust so many techs do not put them back, otherwise next time rotors can't be removed...again they are details most don't care about, but Germans do...it isn't the hat that is painted to stop rust, the entire disc is zinc coated.....

LS430

infiniti
Old 04-07-19, 01:39 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

The LC500 is a fine car in a vacuum or if Lexus was just competing against Japanese makes.

As always the marketing and product planning is abysmal. It has ZERO support.
If your going to do it right then it has to have supporting models in LC line!
It needs LC400 with V6, LC-F with V8tt and CONVERTIBLE version of each plus AWD Option!
Also how is there no FSport trim when the RX and ES have it? Lol

New 8series will have 9 different versions:
840i, M850i, M8 in Coupe, Convertible and GranCoupe.

Also cars like this are a bragging statements when u go to your country club to play golf therefore HP #s and 0-60 stats are critical along with the badge.

Last edited by RNM GS3; 04-07-19 at 01:47 PM.
Old 04-07-19, 11:27 PM
nicedude
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Golf? I'm taking the LC to the track, not to go play golf... Seriously though, none of the full size luxury GTs are great sellers. They all fill a different niche imo. Sort of like the full size luxury sedans from Lexus and the big three Germans.