Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

6 Steps to Negotiating a Great Deal on Your New Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-19, 09:50 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default 6 Steps to Negotiating a Great Deal on Your New Lexus

6 Steps to Negotiating a Great Deal on Your New Lexus
By Curated Content Editor

There is nothing wrong with starting the new year off with a new Lexus.

Old 01-03-19, 02:12 PM
jimbosr1
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 115 Posts

Is this a April fools preview?
Old 01-04-19, 01:18 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by jimbosr1
Is this a April fools preview?
Old 01-04-19, 01:35 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

This is a pretty solid list. I work at a Lexus dealership and these are good tactics. People traveling to the next state to buy a car used to be a big problem until we started price matching other dealers. I remember before I started working at my local dealership t thought every car they sold was way overpriced and I was right. The pricing is great now and they are more flexible on price.
Old 01-04-19, 07:26 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
This is a pretty solid list. I work at a Lexus dealership and these are good tactics. People traveling to the next state to buy a car used to be a big problem until we started price matching other dealers. I remember before I started working at my local dealership t thought every car they sold was way overpriced and I was right. The pricing is great now and they are more flexible on price.

Right now, Genesis is not that big a factor, but, once they get this dealer-location SNAFU ironed out once and for all (and there are signs now of that happening, as the 2019s are finally being shipped), Genesis is going to be more and more competition, and force Lexus to re-examine their prices. Essentially, Genesis could wind up (partially) doing to Lexus what Lexus themselves did to Mercedes in the 1990s.

I just did a static-review on a new Lexus UX, and, IMO, the hybrid version was simply not worth the typical 38-40K price. And, to get AWD, one is forced into the hybrid...there is no gas version.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-04-19 at 07:30 PM.
Old 01-04-19, 09:34 PM
theory816
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Call me crazy but I don't like negotiating to lower the pricing(even though im an expert at that). A dealership is in business to make a profit. If im in a position to buy a brand new spanking Lexus, than I shouldn't have to haggle.

Also, Im one of the crazy few that likes to pay my taxes. But thats a different thread.
Old 01-04-19, 10:11 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by theory816
Call me crazy but I don't like negotiating to lower the pricing(even though im an expert at that). A dealership is in business to make a profit. If im in a position to buy a brand new spanking Lexus, than I shouldn't have to haggle.

Also, Im one of the crazy few that likes to pay my taxes. But thats a different thread.
break out the popcorn and the flame suit, this thread just got interesting.
Old 01-04-19, 10:24 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Pretty standard advice, which has been said for a while.
One thing though, they kept mentioning to check a dealer's inventory online first. This isn't really accurate advice, as a dealer's online inventory is rarely correct. There is nothing regulating dealers online, and they often add in photos of cars that they do not have in stock. Or they simply do not update it, making inventory look bigger than it is. A lot of bait and switch stems from dealer's websites.
Old 01-05-19, 06:33 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 615 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Pretty standard advice, which has been said for a while.
One thing though, they kept mentioning to check a dealer's inventory online first. This isn't really accurate advice, as a dealer's online inventory is rarely correct. There is nothing regulating dealers online, and they often add in photos of cars that they do not have in stock. Or they simply do not update it, making inventory look bigger than it is. A lot of bait and switch stems from dealer's websites.
I noticed during my recent searching, if the dealer has actual images of the vehicle, they have it in stock. If there are just stock images, they don't.