Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Is a Lexus LFA Revival About to Happen?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-18, 03:36 PM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default Is a Lexus LFA Revival About to Happen?

Is a Lexus LFA Revival About to Happen?
By Lance Branquinho

Is Lexus planning to bring the world-famous V10 supercar back to production?

Old 11-13-18, 11:18 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

It would be pretty cool if they brought it back.
Old 11-13-18, 11:28 AM
highrev6
Lead Lap

Received 87 Likes on 70 Posts

I don’t see it being a V10 if they made a new one again. Possibly a high really high revving hybrid inline 6 or something along those lines. I don’t know if a LFA is necessary anymore with LC-F set to debut within 24 months with at least 600hp. The LFA would have to be really light and have at least 800hp to really get enthusiasts interested in writing a big check.
Old 11-18-18, 08:25 PM
b2884987
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bring it back, but I'm going to barf if they added the ugly grille.
Old 11-19-18, 11:37 AM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,508 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Originally Posted by b2884987
Maybe if it's inspired by the one from the LC would be better. It's still the best version of the LFA-style grill yet.

That said, I think having such a grill would be unnecessary on an LFA, but then again, as a front-engined vehicle, perhaps they would justify it for additional cooling capacity.
Old 11-19-18, 05:04 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by b2884987
Originally Posted by arentz07
Maybe if it's inspired by the one from the LC would be better. It's still the best version of the LFA-style grill yet.

That said, I think having such a grill would be unnecessary on an LFA, but then again, as a front-engined vehicle, perhaps they would justify it for additional cooling capacity.
The Spindle grille is not about cooling capacity; it is about brand identity, just as the Audi Singleframe grille, the BMW twin kidneys grille, the Mercedes-Benz radiator grille, the Alfa Romeo inverted triangle grille, the Infiniti pinched-shape grille and the new Acura grille are about instantly identifying those brands.

Get used to it. No one now complains about the large Audi grille (I remember there were a lot of complaints when it was first introduced) and nobody complains about Alfa Romeo's sour puckerface grille.

I admit that the early spindle grilles looked tacked on but the latest ones, on the LC, LS and ES look much more integral to the whole car.
Old 11-19-18, 06:24 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu
The Spindle grille is not about cooling capacity; it is about brand identity, just as the Audi Singleframe grille, the BMW twin kidneys grille, the Mercedes-Benz radiator grille, the Alfa Romeo inverted triangle grille, the Infiniti pinched-shape grille and the new Acura grille are about instantly identifying those brands.
The latest Acura grilles are toned-down somewhat from those notorious parrot-beaks they had for years.....perhaps the most in-your-face ones were on the 4Gen TL and the ill-fated ZDX.

Get used to it. No one now complains about the large Audi grille (I remember there were a lot of complaints when it was first introduced) and nobody complains about Alfa Romeo's sour puckerface grille.
True, I don't gripe about it as much as I used to (you do get used to some things with time)...but I still don't think the larger Audi grilles look as good as the older smaller ones.
Old 11-19-18, 08:19 PM
arentz07
drives cars

Received 3,508 Likes on 1,806 Posts

Originally Posted by Sulu

I admit that the early spindle grilles looked tacked on but the latest ones, on the LC, LS and ES look much more integral to the whole car.
Look, I have no problem driving around my IS with its spindle grill, despite the fact that some people thought the 3rd-gen IS was hideous when it was first introduced. I am just saying, I can already see the responses when the nostalgic long for the days of a spindle-less LFA.