Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Where is the 2019 RAV4??

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-19, 12:59 PM
southernx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RAV 4 Pictures - Great Southern Land

RAV 4 RHD

RAV 4 - RHD

RAV 4 released in Australia in RHD version imported from Japan
Old 05-23-19, 02:52 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

seems clear to me that toyota wants to rain on jeep's parade some and crush jeep's regular cherokee sales (as well as subaru's) that have been growing by leaps and bounds.
Old 05-23-19, 03:15 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
seems clear to me that toyota wants to rain on jeep's parade some and crush jeep's regular cherokee sales
The best selling CUV has to grow market share.
Old 05-23-19, 05:41 PM
southernx
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RAV 4 - Outback Australia

RAV 4 - Outback Australia

RAV 4 is proving popular with millenials & will challenge sales of Jeep & Subaru downunder.
Old 05-23-19, 05:59 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

New RAV4 looks much worse in person and among traffic then it does in pics - usually its the opposite.
The interior is beyond horrendous and cheap at least in the XLE trim.

Im sure it will sell better than ever.
Old 05-23-19, 06:32 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

I found it much better in person. Oh well, to each his own.
Old 05-24-19, 11:37 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
I found it much better in person. Oh well, to each his own.
I loved it when I saw it at the car show. Wife HATES the exterior design--so it looks like it won't make the cut when we go car shopping in a few weeks....
Old 05-24-19, 06:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by tex2670
I loved it when I saw it at the car show. Wife HATES the exterior design--so it looks like it won't make the cut when we go car shopping in a few weeks....

So it's that time again, is it? Good luck in your search ......hope you and your wife find something you can both agree on, at a fair price.

What does she think of the Outback and Forester? They're about as generic and traditional a design as you can get nowadays, with excellent visibility out the large square windows....no small peep-holes, low rooflines, or ultra-thick D-pillars.
Old 05-25-19, 09:51 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
So it's that time again, is it? Good luck in your search ......hope you and your wife find something you can both agree on, at a fair price.

What does she think of the Outback and Forester? They're about as generic and traditional a design as you can get nowadays, with excellent visibility out the large square windows....no small peep-holes, low rooflines, or ultra-thick D-pillars.
Subarus are not in the mix.
Old 05-28-19, 09:12 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

I got to spend some time with my parents' RAV4 this weekend. It is a very major improvement over their 2013, in every way. They are very happy with it.

The exterior seemed a lot larger and more substantial. I love this new design.

I really liked it. The tech blew me away. The interior rear view mirror could be switched to a camera mode. Surround view camera worked well, wireless charger, proximity sensors on all 4 exterior door handles, huge pano roof, comfy seats, automatic parking brake, configurable display/instrument cluster, etc. Seating was comfy and roomy, with lots of storage room in back. It has the remote start app, and 3 years of map updates.

The interior design was much improved. The center console sits higher, not down below both seats as in their old one, so everything there was in easy reach. Lower door panels are still hard plastic, but the upper panels and all touch points were soft.

Ride is largely improved. Feels more substantial on the road. A lot more powerful as well (their old one was not a hybrid, making the difference even bigger). They are averaging nearly 40 mpg in their first couple hundred miles on it. A vast improvement over the 24 mpg they got in their old one, but of course not unexpected.

I know styling, interior quality, etc. will continue to take a beating here on CL by many, but I was super impressed with this RAV4. Whereas I probably would have chosen a CR-V over the previous RAV4, I now would choose the RAV4, and definitely the hybrid model.
Old 05-28-19, 09:49 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

^^^ nice mini-review, thanks!

rav4 hybrid is the one to get, and it's selling great apparently. styling not my think ("fake rugged") but it's obviously popular so well done toyota. and all the myriad other improvements you mentioned make it a great offering.

again, i really think this is targeted right at subaru, while trying to outdo honda. the hyundai/kia offerings seem more bland compared to this.
Old 05-28-19, 10:25 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I think Toyota has a winner in this size. It's much better than the last gen. I would be shopping for a hybrid now if I wasn't in the middle of a lease now. I'm seeing more on the road lately.
Old 05-28-19, 10:29 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

A couple of dealership images of the one they bought
JDR, love it white! - congrats to your folks!

What was the MSRP? - seems like it had every option.

I'm sure they got maybe just a few hundred off asking price?
Old 05-28-19, 10:32 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bagwell
JDR, love it white! - congrats to your folks!

What was the MSRP? - seems like it had every option.

I'm sure they got maybe just a few hundred off asking price?
Thanks, I appreciate that.

Sticker was around $39.8k. They got around $1500 off, including some rebates, and a strong offer for trade in on their 2013 RAV4.

They retired about a year ago, and have big plans for cross country road trips, so they wanted a loaded version with all of the options. I don't think there is anything else they could have added but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 05-28-19, 10:49 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks, I appreciate that.

Sticker was around $39.8k. They got around $1500 off, including some rebates, and a strong offer for trade in on their 2013 RAV4.

They retired about a year ago, and have big plans for cross country road trips, so they wanted a loaded version with all of the options. I don't think there is anything else they could have added but I'm not 100% sure.
Good deal - the hybrid drive-train is pretty much bullet proof! they should enjoy it for years and years!

Quick Reply: Where is the 2019 RAV4??