Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Asian actor beats down a guy for kicking his Audi R8

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-18, 05:14 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by pman6
White dude took a photo of the audi license plate, and with the right sources, he could find out where he lives.
In most cases, the source (DMV) won't give out that info, except to law enforcement.
Old 07-10-18, 07:43 AM
exaktoh
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally would not intervene unless Lon is on top of him and beating him to a pulp. I agree with you with and let them duke it out. Seeing it for the first time, it looked like it was about to be 2 vs. Lin

I would have just let them both continue fighting. playing it back slowmo, Lin got in one solid face punch, but took an elbow to the face.

These days, if you have something to lose, don't even bother. White dude took a photo of the audi license plate, and with the right sources, he could find out where he lives.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-10-18, 07:55 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
In most cases, the source (DMV) won't give out that info, except to law enforcement.
some attorneys can find out this info as well
Old 07-10-18, 09:14 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by exaktoh
Just do not kick other people’s car and you’ll be okay. I wonder why the linebacker tackled the actor and not the other man?
The white guy in blue that did the tackle wasn't trying to "stop the fight". You can clearly see he wanted to help fight against the Asian guy at exactly 7-8 seconds in.

Besides - you don't tackle someone to stop a fight. Lol.

at that moment, Lin was throwing and landing all the punches. Who do you stop when that's happening?

I would have just let them both continue fighting. playing it back slowmo, Lin got in one solid face punch, but took an elbow to the face.

These days, if you have something to lose, don't even bother. White dude took a photo of the audi license plate, and with the right sources, he could find out where he lives.
Who cares what is happening at that moment? You don't stop a fight by tackling someone. Lol. That's just beyond ridiculous. If you tackle someone, that's pretty calling it out as you watch to catch hands.

I agree with your last point. If you have more to lose, just don't even bother with stupid people. Everyone is too sue happy in our country.

I don't believe the white guy can do much with the license plate. Besides - he got his *** beat. I don't think he'll be looking for another fight after that lost. There's also quite a bit of Asian mobs and gangs in the Bay Area too. Don't want to be crossing the line and getting into an unknown Asian person's personal property.

2 idiots with big egos. Not really a race issue. If it were Justin Bieber revving, I bet white dude would cuss him out too.

Based on Lin's own story, he could have avoided all of this by simply ignoring the white dude's taunts and just staring him down silently, but instead, he escalated by taunting him back.

Lowlife hecklers are just looking for a response. Don't give them one.
If Lin's story holds true, I don't think he was having much of an ego. He was just defending himself. People that work on his car in the Bay Area say hes down to earth and mature.

We are all human. Sometimes you just can't ignore someone if they follow you and harass you consistently.
Old 07-10-18, 10:30 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

What a stupid race baiting thread, no wonder we are constantly being divided, no need to mention race of either guy but of course some have to do it and make it racial.

Both guys are immature morons, grown men getting in a fight in public, pretty much always takes two to tango, the pedestrian for yelling and talking trash at a stranger especially while he has his young kid but maybe the guy revving the loud exotic might have been scaring his child and that set him off but it is still no reason to talk trash and then kick the car but the driver is not innocent either, he admits he was talking trash right back instead of ignoring him and the two kept going back and forth taunting each other, that is pretty much how every fight starts. I was a bit of a hot head in certain situations when I was younger but if I had a nice car like that I would also be a little aware that being in close proximity to someone with a problem with you and going back and forth with trash talking can result in someone doing something to my nice car and it is probably not worth it, both of them may face charges/fines and have reputations ruined, doubt the R8 driver is going to get reimbursed if there was any damage.

There are plenty of those types especially in California that get angry at people with nicer cars, doubt it has anything to do with race, pedestrian was probably either a **** retentive environmentalist who thinks revving a engine is hurting his precious air or he just hates people with nice cars and thinks everyone should be riding a bike, walking, or driving a Prius but the driver is not totally innocent either in his reaction and going back and forth, he criticizes a guy talking trash while with his kid but he is talking trash right back to a guy with a kid, it is possible the father noticed his kid being scared or bothered by the loud exhaust/revving and it set him off.

I don't know if there is more video that I am not seeing but from the beginning I see the father trying to back his kid off/trying to protect the kid and get him away from the R8 driver swinging on him several times which could possibly force him to run into/fall into his kid so who is the real douche bag here, why no criticism of a grown man attacking another grown man with a child trying to move the child back, maybe the pedestrian did raise his hands or take a swing at first but I am going by what I see on the video and still it is still no excuse to start swinging on a guy so close to a young child. I saw nobody get beat down, not even close, R8 driver got in a few punches that were not serious, pedestrian looked like he got a decent hit in, and some squaring up, pushing, and people trying to break the fight up, but no beat down or something worth the amount of attention it is getting.
Old 07-10-18, 10:42 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel

There are plenty of those types especially in California that get angry at people with nicer cars, doubt it has anything to do with race, pedestrian was probably either a **** retentive environmentalist who thinks revving a engine is hurting his precious air or he just hates people with nice cars and thinks everyone should be riding a bike, walking, or driving a Prius but the driver is not totally innocent either in his reaction and going back and forth, he criticizes a guy talking trash while with his kid but he is talking trash right back to a guy with a kid, it is possible the father noticed his kid being scared or bothered by the loud exhaust/revving and it set him off.
I went to CA for the first time about 5 years ago and was surprised at the amount of modded cars I saw in person there especially with all the smog rules and regulations. I could see a pedestrian being angry about a car with exhaust even if it has a catalytic converter for being loud lol. Almost every exotic I've seen in socal and norcal were modded and most are exhaust, it doesn't bother me personally to the point I would kick someone's car but CA is a strange place to say the least.
Old 07-10-18, 11:01 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,642 Posts

What a stupid race baiting thread, no wonder we are constantly being divided, no need to mention race of either guy but of course some have to do it and make it racial.
yup. completely ridiculous that article states 'asian' actor and 'white' guy.

Both guys are immature morons, grown men getting in a fight in public, pretty much always takes two to tango, the pedestrian for yelling and talking trash at a stranger especially while he has his young kid but maybe the guy revving the loud exotic might have been scaring his child and that set him off but it is still no reason to talk trash and then kick the car but the driver is not innocent either, he admits he was talking trash right back instead of ignoring him and the two kept going back and forth taunting each other, that is pretty much how every fight starts.
uh, yep

uh plenty of those types everywhere, but yes it's possible his kid got scared by the car, but still no reason to kick the car. you kick a car of a stranger, don't be surprised by whatever happens next, he's lucky it was just a fight and not a gun.
Old 07-10-18, 11:14 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Race baiting thread? I'm not race baiting - don't put this on me. I'm posting a thread about the article I found and that I saw on local news. I'm writing how I see it - it was a Asian guy that beat up a white guy. It wasn't like I put the races there when no race were mentioned... Besides - all media does it. Right wing to left wing - journalist just likes to do it.

Both guys are immature morons, grown men getting in a fight in public, pretty much always takes two to tango, the pedestrian for yelling and talking trash at a stranger especially while he has his young kid but maybe the guy revving the loud exotic might have been scaring his child and that set him off but it is still no reason to talk trash and then kick the car but the driver is not innocent either, he admits he was talking trash right back instead of ignoring him and the two kept going back and forth taunting each other, that is pretty much how every fight starts. I was a bit of a hot head in certain situations when I was younger but if I had a nice car like that I would also be a little aware that being in close proximity to someone with a problem with you and going back and forth with trash talking can result in someone doing something to my nice car and it is probably not worth it, both of them may face charges/fines and have reputations ruined, doubt the R8 driver is going to get reimbursed if there was any damage.
Not going to deny the Asian guy was hot-tempered. I'm a believer that if you have more to lose, just let it go. But we are all human - we can't ignore things sometimes.
Besides - this whole thing wouldn't have happened if the White dude just let it go. Sure - the morons car was loud. Sure it might have scared its daughter. But its downtown San Mateo - its loud. I guess hes gonna kick sirens too on a cop car?

I don't know if there is more video that I am not seeing but from the beginning I see the father trying to back his kid off/trying to protect the kid and get him away from the R8 driver swinging on him several times which could possibly force him to run into/fall into his kid so who is the real douche bag here, why no criticism of a grown man attacking another grown man with a child trying to move the child back, maybe the pedestrian did raise his hands or take a swing at first but I am going by what I see on the video and still it is still no excuse to start swinging on a guy so close to a young child. I saw nobody get beat down, not even close, R8 driver got in a few punches that were not serious, pedestrian looked like he got a decent hit in, and some squaring up, pushing, and people trying to break the fight up, but no beat down or something worth the amount of attention it is getting.
You are victim blaming here.

If the white guy was really trying to protect his kid, he wouldn't have harassed the Asian guy to begin with. You are legit putting your kids into a dangerous situation by harassing another person while holding their hand. I'm not sure if you are from the SF Bay Area but SF is full of Asian gangsters and mobsters. There are tons of mobbed car guys in California that are part of something and some of them have guns. I think the guy is lucky he didn't get shot. He put his daughter into a really dangerous situation.

If Lin's account holds true, then its clearly the white guy's fault for parental neglect. According to Lin's account, he wanted to talk to the White guy about property damage and wanted to stop him for the cops to come. However - said white guy swung first and Asian guy defended himself. The question is - who starts a fight while holding their daughter's hands?

There is no criticism because the white guy started the fight while holding the child's hand.
See read. Thanks. It makes it easier to reply to you.

Originally Posted by plex
I went to CA for the first time about 5 years ago and was surprised at the amount of modded cars I saw in person there especially with all the smog rules and regulations. I could see a pedestrian being angry about a car with exhaust even if it has a catalytic converter for being loud lol. Almost every exotic I've seen in socal and norcal were modded and most are exhaust, it doesn't bother me personally to the point I would kick someone's car but CA is a strange place to say the least.
Our car scene is huge. California has regulations but no one checks.

I get annoyed at modded cars sometimes too and I'm one those people that mod their cars. However - I would kick someone's property because I didn't like it. And believe me - I would love to kick a riced out Civic or Corolla.
Old 07-10-18, 11:17 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yup. completely ridiculous that article states 'asian' actor and 'white' guy.

uh plenty of those types everywhere, but yes it's possible his kid got scared by the car, but still no reason to kick the car. you kick a car of a stranger, don't be surprised by whatever happens next, he's lucky it was just a fight and not a gun.
Sure. I think its ridiculous too. But lets not pretend media doesn't put races their to "click-bait". Fox news does this all the time. When an African-American person commits a crime - there is 3 pictures, mug shot and talks about the person's race. Doesn't seem like anyone hates on Fox news?

Agreed with your last part - when you kick someone's property - you are on your own and be ready to face what's coming.
Old 07-10-18, 11:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Let's not make this a debate forum thread folks.
Old 07-10-18, 11:37 AM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,039 Likes on 2,553 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
Agreed with your last part - when you kick someone's property - you are on your own and be ready to face what's coming.
I don't think that's how a country with laws works.
Old 07-10-18, 11:57 AM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
I don't think that's how a country with laws works.
Of course its not how a country law work. But then again - not everyone follows the law and cops aren't there 24/7. So depending on the person and the time it takes for the cops to get there - the person who kicked car is on their own.
Old 07-10-18, 12:16 PM
mk416
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Dude held his own against two people though, much more entertaining to watch than 50% of the videos on World Star Hiphop nowadays.
Old 07-10-18, 12:17 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,039 Likes on 2,553 Posts

A reasonable person would pull their car to the side and call the police instead of going all tough guy vigilante.
Old 07-10-18, 12:54 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
A reasonable person would pull their car to the side and call the police instead of going all tough guy vigilante.
I'm not gonna deny that and agree with you. You shouldn't attack someone and just call the police.

But for this story - its different. If you read his personal statement within the article, you would know that's what he intended to do.

Asian Guy (R8 driver) checked the damage on his car and then decided to walk over to the White guy to talk to him and make sure he stays till cops get there. However, apparently, the White guy swung first and Asian guy reacted in self-defense. That's where the video picks up because that's when the fight starts.

Quick Reply: Asian actor beats down a guy for kicking his Audi R8