Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Asian actor beats down a guy for kicking his Audi R8

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-18, 08:38 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Corey140
The random guy with the tackle....
That guy made me laugh hard.

Asian guy: Why you hit me?
White guy in blue: I didn't hit you, I tackled you.

LOL. Gotta be the most stupidest response ever. You don't tackle someone to stop a fight...
Old 07-09-18, 08:40 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 88 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by BippuLexus
That's sort-of victim blaming. Yes. At some point, loud exhaust is annoying. But do you have to kick someone's property? Why bother kicking the car when the car is going to be out of your sight in less than a minute because its driving away..
I said earlier that I did not condone the violence. An I can just see this guy going up to a bunch of loud-as-hell Rolling Thunder Harley bikers and kicking their bikes LOL...they'd make short work of him in the blink of an eye.
Old 07-09-18, 08:43 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mmarshall
I said earlier that I did not condone the violence. An I can just see this guy going up to a bunch of loud-as-hell Rolling Thunder Harley bikers and kicking their bikes LOL...they'd make short work of him in the blink of an eye.
Agreed. Violence is not the answer. But then again - the White guy swung first and the Asian guy reacted. So... at the end the White guy wasn't the victim - he was the suspect. I mean - he literally kicked the guy's car and swung first in the fight; not a victim no more.
Old 07-09-18, 10:06 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

1) Why is this labeled with races involved? Who cares if one is asian or white. Someone did something and another had a reaction to it. Happens every day.
2) There are indeed far too many loud exhaust giving the public stress and high blood pressure. I rather see more laws passed and higher enforcement. Loud exhaust that startles people is flat out disrespectful. After living along a major street for fifteen years, I can't tell you how many times a loud exhaust has almost made me spill my coffee.
3) Must be a slow news day.
Old 07-09-18, 10:13 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
1) Why is this labeled with races involved? Who cares if one is asian or white. Someone did something and another had a reaction to it. Happens every day.
2) There are indeed far too many loud exhaust giving the public stress and high blood pressure. I rather see more laws passed and higher enforcement. Loud exhaust that startles people is flat out disrespectful. After living along a major street for fifteen years, I can't tell you how many times a loud exhaust has almost made me spill my coffee.
1) Why is not? Who cares if its labeled with races? It honestly doesn't matter.
2) How does loud exhaust gives public stress and high blood pressure? There is no correlation between those things. Lastly - I do agree. I don't like loud exhausts and there should be higher enforcement of noise laws. However - that doesn't give the right for the White guy to kick Audi R8 and start a fight.
3) Not slow. Just local news.
Old 07-09-18, 10:15 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 234 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by plex
Kicking a car because it's too loud wow that's weak to me. I've been in Hollywood, CA and every exotic seems to be modded that I saw and loud. .
I used to live right in that area. My apartment was inside a courtyard, and with the lovely weather I always left the balcony door open. I would hear so many crackling supercars in the blocks around me (likely with modded exhausts) it was ridiculous. Didn't bother me though as I kind of liked it.
Old 07-09-18, 10:20 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,053 Likes on 2,565 Posts

The article linked to earlier reads like a PR campaign for this actor, really bizarre. I have no idea why race is being mentioned, and the white guy is being called white trash.
Old 07-09-18, 10:25 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 171 Likes on 102 Posts

1) Why is not? Who cares if its labeled with races? It honestly doesn't matter.
2) How does loud exhaust gives public stress and high blood pressure? There is no correlation between those things. Lastly - I do agree. I don't like loud exhausts and there should be higher enforcement of noise laws. However - that doesn't give the right for the White guy to kick Audi R8 and start a fight.
3) Not slow. Just local news.
1) Many care if it's labeled with races. What does race have to do with any of it? These are two human beings in a conflict. Doesn't matter what their cultural origins are. Conflicts in society happen every single day. Does the local news headline every single story identifying what race the people are? No. So why is it done here?
2) Live and sleep along a major street and you will see what I am saying. Many exhaust are way over the line and take over your life for the few moments you hear them. You want to give a few moments of your life away every single night? I doubt it.
3) Fair enough.
Old 07-09-18, 10:26 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
The article linked to earlier reads like a PR campaign for this actor, really bizarre. I have no idea why race is being mentioned, and the white guy is being called white trash.
PR campaign? Not really. They report like any other news site involving an actor. They'll talk about the actor in order to get clicks - this is how journalism works. Why you think news about Hollywood Stars gets such in-depth details within news about themselves? It'll be literally 80% about the actor and then 20% about what they did. Similar to this.

Again - race is always mentioned in articles. In my opinion - who cares if its mentioned? Its mentioned on Fox - its mentioned on CNN. Its just American media.

Note: the article never called the white guy "white trash". Its the reddit sub-forum that did, which has nothing to do with the article from Nextshark.
Old 07-09-18, 10:44 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

1) Many care if it's labeled with races. What does race have to do with any of it? These are two human beings in a conflict. Doesn't matter what their cultural origins are. Conflicts in society happen every single day. Does the local news headline every single story identifying what race the people are? No. So why is it done here?
2) Live and sleep along a major street and you will see what I am saying. Many exhaust are way over the line and take over your life for the few moments you hear them. You want to give a few moments of your life away every single night? I doubt it.
3) Fair enough.
1) I wouldn't say many. I would say some. Some people do - some people don't. I personally have no preference on the matter. Would I prefer it to just exclude race all together? Of course. Because race isn't important to the relation of the story. However - I don't care if its put in there because its not a big deal. News website always label the races of people. From right wing Fox to left wing MSNBC - everyone does it.
2) I live in SF Bay Area. I understand loud and noisy. My point is - there is no scientific correlation between stress, blood pressure and exhaust noise. Will you suffer from lack of sleep? Yes. But you will from just living in the city in general... If exhaust don't wake you up, city noise will. I lived all my life in the big city - frankly - you'll get use to the noise.
Old 07-09-18, 10:47 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,053 Likes on 2,565 Posts

Again - race is always mentioned in articles. In my opinion - who cares if its mentioned? Its mentioned on Fox - its mentioned on CNN. Its just American media.
Are you actually arguing that race baiting is a good thing? Why?

Old 07-09-18, 11:16 PM
BippuLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Are you actually arguing that race baiting is a good thing? Why?
This is what I said:
How did you get race baiting from that?
Where did I argue that? That's putting words in my mouth...

What I'm trying to say is - its always mentioned. As in, every news outlet does it and that's just typical American media from the right to the left. This is why I don't care much or think much about it.

Old 07-10-18, 12:52 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

2 idiots with big egos. Not really a race issue. If it were Justin Bieber revving, I bet white dude would cuss him out too.

Based on Lin's own story, he could have avoided all of this by simply ignoring the white dude's taunts and just staring him down silently, but instead, he escalated by taunting him back.

Lowlife hecklers are just looking for a response. Don't give them one.
Old 07-10-18, 01:16 AM
exaktoh
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Just do not kick other people’s car and you’ll be okay. I wonder why the linebacker tackled the actor and not the other man?
Old 07-10-18, 01:40 AM
pman6
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by exaktoh
Just do not kick other people’s car and you’ll be okay. I wonder why the linebacker tackled the actor and not the other man?
at that moment, Lin was throwing and landing all the punches. Who do you stop when that's happening?

I would have just let them both continue fighting. playing it back slowmo, Lin got in one solid face punch, but took an elbow to the face.

These days, if you have something to lose, don't even bother. White dude took a photo of the audi license plate, and with the right sources, he could find out where he lives.

Quick Reply: Asian actor beats down a guy for kicking his Audi R8