Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Are there anyone here who prefers their Lexus to be manual transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-18, 03:56 PM
rai
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have owned 7 cars that were MT, FWD, RWD and AWD. I would buy a Lexus with a MT if offered.
Old 03-15-18, 04:10 PM
MattyG
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnhav430
People like what they like, and that seemed to be what the thread was asking. Nobody is trying to state that manuals are popular--as mentioned, 100% of new tractors are automatics.
Are they true car type automatics with a fluid coupling or are they auto-manuals? You're arguing two different things here are you not?

Anybody under 35 won't even take a job driving a dual clutch. That is a sign of a great nation, seriously, to be able to decline work because it's not to your choosing, yet pays quite a large amount. And it's amazing how industries such as trucking are thriving indirectly related to commerce and its activities.
Trucking is not an attractive vocation and hasn't been noted as such for quite a long time. The NYT did a piece on it and it ain't no place to be if you've got other options, that's why young people won't do it - not because it's about driving a big rig with 18 gears and being an ole school gear jammer.

With that being said, my first hockey stick was hand carved out of a block of wood (giant rather gigantic), and weighed 48 lbs. I still managed to carry it to school, uphill in both directions, and we managed. Our slap shots probably were no better than 8 to 12 mph.
Ok, ok lol. "Old man yells at cloud", "get off my lawn you kids", "things ain't what they used to be and it's because of the younger generation". Your Maxima is a different car with a different auto option back in the day. Today's automatics are much different. There is a case to be made for big rigs hauling heavy oil equipment into deep muddy oilfields (which my family member has done), and simple highway vehicles going to busy metro areas.

But back on point, the direct shift transmissions are just so fast that really the point of ultimate performance in a car like the RC gets lost if you're arguing for a manual. Why not just go buy a Z4 or a Miata if you want the thrills.

Last edited by MattyG; 03-15-18 at 04:17 PM.