Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Michelin crossclimate +

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-17, 08:06 AM
heidihidin
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Michelin crossclimate +

anyone have real life experience with this tire?
Old 12-23-17, 08:42 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Never heard of them till now
Old 12-23-17, 08:47 AM
heidihidin
Advanced

they are new and are priced lower that the premier a/s
just unsure because they are so new
Old 12-23-17, 08:49 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Personally If I were buying a all weather tire. I would purchase the nokian wrg3 tire. In this category nokian is definitely the leader.
Old 12-23-17, 09:25 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Sounds interesting but is winter/snow performance as good or better then a decent all season tire like Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 or is the cross climate simply a summer tire that is still decent in the winter/snow but not as good as a dedicated all season tire?

I would love a all season tire that could be put especially on RWD cars located in areas with moderate to heavier snow that handled decently in all seasons but were almost as good as a dedicated snow tire in the winter. It would solve so many problems of not really needing awd or snow tires in the winter especially for rwd cars in areas that get more snow. I am surprised something like that has not come out yet by now.
Old 12-23-17, 09:31 AM
Coleroad
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
Sounds interesting but is winter/snow performance as good or better then a decent all season tire like Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 or is the cross climate simply a summer tire that is still decent in the winter/snow but not as good as a dedicated all season tire?

I would love a all season tire that could be put especially on RWD cars located in areas with moderate to heavier snow that handled decently in all seasons but were almost as good as a dedicated snow tire in the winter. It would solve so many problems of not really needing awd or snow tires in the winter especially for rwd cars in areas that get more snow. I am surprised something like that has not come out yet by now.
Read about the nokian wrg3, cross climate, toyo Celsius that's what this tire is. That's what the all weather category is about.

Last edited by Coleroad; 12-23-17 at 09:43 AM.
Old 12-23-17, 10:08 AM
heidihidin
Advanced

so i was looking at discount tire and the P7 and they have cinturato, citurato plus and cinturato strada all rated at 70k miles the plus is $30 cheaper per tire than the regular cinturato and the strada is most expensive at $156
i am so confused why cinturato plus is $30 cheaper that regular cinturato
Old 12-23-17, 06:16 PM
Sulu
Lexus Champion

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel

All season tires do not perform well below 7deg Celsius / 45deg Fahrenheit but all weather tires with the Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake symbol are tested under winter traction conditions and perform better below 7deg Celsius / 45deg Fahrenheit than all season tires.

Old 10-17-19, 06:49 PM
cbrkat28
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally haven't heard of that "model" but the Defender LTX I put on a couple hundred miles ago has really made a difference (before it was on mismatched tires at or below the legal limit)...about 1100 with the roadhazard warranty before a 70 discount tire rebate card that went straight into my amazon gift balance.

signature probably isn't updated but I took delivery on 9/23. it's an '08 with I think mostly all options but the KDSS / sport package. 128k on the clock, 1 owner, TX car, all great on paper...but for someone that only had real lexus seat time in LS's it's a bit odd. The brakes are touchy AF, some controls and buttons are located precisely such that my knees can accidentally hit them during entry/exit, splash shields that will need periodic replacement without warning leaving things like the alternator within arm's reach from the front right tire, and things like that 2nd start button being mistaken for a button that is supposed to start the engine should turning the key not do it 1st time, obviously the way those DRL/turn signal bulbs are located with them burning out so often that the manual basically says "don't even try, just bring it in" gauge cluster and other bulbs, none of that is what I'm used to experiencing from this mark...but I do like the 4Runner bits they left on like the lo range box and center locking diffs...those came in handy recently on separate occasions.
Old 10-18-19, 02:12 AM
Big Andy
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The Crossclimate+ tyres have been out a couple of years now. Great tyres, we had them on our Nissan and their winter performance was outstanding.
Old 10-18-19, 12:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Originally Posted by heidihidin
so i was looking at discount tire and the P7 and they have cinturato, citurato plus and cinturato strada all rated at 70k miles the plus is $30 cheaper per tire than the regular cinturato and the strada is most expensive at $156
You want the Plus
Old 10-18-19, 01:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by heidihidin
personally i wouldn't by deciding tires based on $30 a tire. i buy the best rated tire i can find. i'm gonna have them for years and i value my comfort and safety.
Old 11-24-19, 02:22 PM
terryakhan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My son just installed these on his 2016 Acura TLX and comparing to his previous Continentals DWS06 feels that the Michelin CrossClimate is as good or better in many ways.
Tirerack reviews also spells the same so I going to get a set for my 2019 ES 350 UL.
Will post again after this winter.
Old 11-25-19, 05:31 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by terryakhan
My son just installed these on his 2016 Acura TLX and comparing to his previous Continentals DWS06 feels that the Michelin CrossClimate is as good or better in many ways.
Tirerack reviews also spells the same so I going to get a set for my 2019 ES 350 UL.
Will post again after this winter.
Your location says Florida, and I’m sure that Winter will be brutal.
Old 11-25-19, 07:33 AM
terryakhan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, new location Toronto Canada.

Quick Reply: Michelin crossclimate +