Mercedes-Benz European Delivery - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion


Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mercedes-Benz European Delivery

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-17, 10:39 PM   #1
LexsCTJill
Lexus Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: ON
Posts: 6,104
Thanked 23 Times in 17 Posts
Default Mercedes-Benz European Delivery

Is this not The Best, or Nothing?

Never knew this existed. So cool.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/europ...livery_program
LexsCTJill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 10:43 PM   #2
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia/D.C. suburbs
Posts: 65,894
Thanked 53 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Several European manufacturers have had Euro-delivery/vacation programs for years. You can pick up your new car at the factory, drive around and see the sights (many new owners like the see the Alps), stay at some nice places, and, when it's over, have your car shipped back to the U.S. or Canada.
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-17, 11:03 PM   #3
RXSF
Moderator
 
RXSF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 11,168
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

I know we buy cars to enjoy, but I dont know if I would be able to drive my new car around an unknown city, let alone country. I would just be too paranoid. However, I'd love to make it to the museum one of these days. Plus, the 7.5% discount isn't nearly as good as what you can get here!
RXSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 01:43 AM   #4
Fizzboy7
Lexus Fanatic
 
Fizzboy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 7,470
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Default

I'd be more interested in such a program if they allowed Euro options to be tacked on to US orders. At least with colors not available here.
Fizzboy7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 07:36 AM   #5
DrRick
Lexus Champion
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,394
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

BMW used to give such a good discount on ED, that folks were actually flipping the M3/4's after purchase. They would keep them for a few months and then sell them for about as much as they paid. Then BMW cut the discount some to get it more in line with the competition.

Seems like a really cool thing to experience. Some of the stories posted are awesome. Great sights/scenery and an incredible way to introduce yourself to your new vehicle. Of course, some folks were actually able to take em to the 'Ring as part of the trip. We'll def do it if we decide on a 991, next year.
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-17, 07:37 AM   #6
DrRick
Lexus Champion
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,394
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXSF View Post
I know we buy cars to enjoy, but I dont know if I would be able to drive my new car around an unknown city, let alone country. I would just be too paranoid. However, I'd love to make it to the museum one of these days. Plus, the 7.5% discount isn't nearly as good as what you can get here!
you can still negotiate more discount in addition to the ED. That's why it was so popular with the BMW folks...
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 10:27 AM   #7
jwong77
Lexus Test Driver
 
jwong77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CA
Posts: 1,211
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Lexus should do something like this. I'd love to take a trip to Japan.
jwong77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 12:24 PM   #8
Lexmex
Super Moderator
 
Lexmex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 16,500
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

My parents looked into it a long time ago when they bought a new Benz, but decided against it given the traffic issues and not knowing all the driving issues there.
Lexmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 01:20 PM   #9
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic
 
mmarshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Virginia/D.C. suburbs
Posts: 65,894
Thanked 53 Times in 53 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexmex View Post
My parents looked into it a long time ago when they bought a new Benz, but decided against it given the traffic issues and not knowing all the driving issues there.

Welcome back.....haven't seen you post here much lately.
mmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 04:06 PM   #10
Sulu
Lexus Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,203
Thanks: 0
Thanked 17 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexmex View Post
My parents looked into it a long time ago when they bought a new Benz, but decided against it given the traffic issues and not knowing all the driving issues there.
I had thought about this some years ago but never seriously. It was a good idea though: Pick up a new car at the factory, drive around touring Western Europe for a while, drop the car off at one of the shipment centres and return home to wait for the car.

The questions about traffic issues would keep me from wanting to do a Japanese delivery. I just came back from Tokyo and the roads were absolutely clogged. Tour guides said that because it is summer, everyone is on the roads and highways going on summer vacation, and as a result, traffic jams and accidents have greatly increased.
Sulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 05:20 PM   #11
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Illinois
Posts: 8,017
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

While certainly not European delivery, BMW offers their Performance Center Delivery Program at their Spartanburg, SC plant. It can be used for any of the CUV's and SUV's assembled there. The program includes airport pickup, hotel accommodations dinner & breakfast and transportation to the Performance Center for delivery of your car. There is also track time with a model similar to what is being delivered.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery

Last edited by LexBob2; 08-22-17 at 05:37 PM.
LexBob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 06:28 PM   #12
DrRick
Lexus Champion
 
DrRick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: ATL
Posts: 3,394
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexBob2 View Post
While certainly not European delivery, BMW offers their Performance Center Delivery Program at their Spartanburg, SC plant. It can be used for any of the CUV's and SUV's assembled there. The program includes airport pickup, hotel accommodations dinner & breakfast and transportation to the Performance Center for delivery of your car. There is also track time with a model similar to what is being delivered.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery
You can actually do both. The PCD is a free service and pretty frickin awesome. And you can have any car delivers there. From the X models to the M's. You actually get the car you ordered delivered there.

Whatever model you get....they will have a demo car there for you to use in any of their 'track' events. They pick you up from the airport in a 7 series, put you up in a decent hotel, feed you breakfast and lunch, take you track demonstrations (letting you drive, as well), put your car in its own glass room and then take a few hours to explain all of the features of your new car. They end it with a tour of the plant.

Its an all day event but I would highly recommend it. A great way to start your BMW ownership.
DrRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:36 PM   #13
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 81,161
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwong77 View Post
Lexus should do something like this. I'd love to take a trip to Japan.
hard to happen when the steering wheel is on the other side of the car in japan
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-17, 09:37 PM   #14
rominl
exclusive matchup
iTrader: (4)
 
rominl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Lovely OC
Posts: 81,161
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrRick View Post
You can actually do both. The PCD is a free service and pretty frickin awesome. And you can have any car delivers there. From the X models to the M's. You actually get the car you ordered delivered there.

Whatever model you get....they will have a demo car there for you to use in any of their 'track' events. They pick you up from the airport in a 7 series, put you up in a decent hotel, feed you breakfast and lunch, take you track demonstrations (letting you drive, as well), put your car in its own glass room and then take a few hours to explain all of the features of your new car. They end it with a tour of the plant.

Its an all day event but I would highly recommend it. A great way to start your BMW ownership.
this is correct. i have known a few guys who did bmw ED and then PCD here in the US before sending the car to their local dealership, super awesome.

i really hope some time in the future i can do ED once either on bmw or mb. you are right, people were flipping m cars that way and now it's tightened up
rominl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 01:01 AM   #15
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,241
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Imagine the Yugo tour! Awesomeness....
rxonmymind is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
asian delivery program Baboo Car Chat 5 10-05-17 05:54 PM
Is Japan always one gen behind Johnhav430 LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) 18 01-18-17 11:21 PM
Where is the high efficiency GS? NickL GS - 4th Gen (2013-present) 13 08-03-16 05:08 PM
New lightweight UPS mail-delivery vehicle being tested in Europe. mmarshall Car Chat 12 07-20-16 09:06 PM
Mercedes' global sales climb twice as fast as BMW in Q1 spwolf Car Chat 10 04-13-16 05:56 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:46 PM.


Copyright © 2000-2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: