ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Car Chat (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat-139/)
-   -   Mercedes-Benz European Delivery (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-chat/865752-mercedes-benz-european-delivery.html)

Toys4RJill 08-20-17 09:39 PM

Mercedes-Benz European Delivery

Is this not The Best, or Nothing?

Never knew this existed. So cool.

https://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/europ...livery_program

mmarshall 08-20-17 09:43 PM

Several European manufacturers have had Euro-delivery/vacation programs for years. You can pick up your new car at the factory, drive around and see the sights (many new owners like the see the Alps), stay at some nice places, and, when it's over, have your car shipped back to the U.S. or Canada.

RXSF 08-20-17 10:03 PM

I know we buy cars to enjoy, but I dont know if I would be able to drive my new car around an unknown city, let alone country. I would just be too paranoid. However, I'd love to make it to the museum one of these days. Plus, the 7.5% discount isn't nearly as good as what you can get here! :)

Fizzboy7 08-21-17 12:43 AM

I'd be more interested in such a program if they allowed Euro options to be tacked on to US orders. At least with colors not available here.

DrRick 08-21-17 06:36 AM

BMW used to give such a good discount on ED, that folks were actually flipping the M3/4's after purchase. They would keep them for a few months and then sell them for about as much as they paid. Then BMW cut the discount some to get it more in line with the competition.

Seems like a really cool thing to experience. Some of the stories posted are awesome. Great sights/scenery and an incredible way to introduce yourself to your new vehicle. Of course, some folks were actually able to take em to the 'Ring as part of the trip. We'll def do it if we decide on a 991, next year.

DrRick 08-21-17 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by RXSF (Post 9959957)
I know we buy cars to enjoy, but I dont know if I would be able to drive my new car around an unknown city, let alone country. I would just be too paranoid. However, I'd love to make it to the museum one of these days. Plus, the 7.5% discount isn't nearly as good as what you can get here! :)

you can still negotiate more discount in addition to the ED. That's why it was so popular with the BMW folks...

jwong77 08-22-17 09:27 AM

Lexus should do something like this. I'd love to take a trip to Japan.

Lexmex 08-22-17 11:24 AM

My parents looked into it a long time ago when they bought a new Benz, but decided against it given the traffic issues and not knowing all the driving issues there.

mmarshall 08-22-17 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Lexmex (Post 9961513)
My parents looked into it a long time ago when they bought a new Benz, but decided against it given the traffic issues and not knowing all the driving issues there.

Welcome back.....haven't seen you post here much lately.:)

Sulu 08-22-17 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Lexmex (Post 9961513)

I had thought about this some years ago but never seriously. It was a good idea though: Pick up a new car at the factory, drive around touring Western Europe for a while, drop the car off at one of the shipment centres and return home to wait for the car.

The questions about traffic issues would keep me from wanting to do a Japanese delivery. I just came back from Tokyo and the roads were absolutely clogged. Tour guides said that because it is summer, everyone is on the roads and highways going on summer vacation, and as a result, traffic jams and accidents have greatly increased.

LexBob2 08-22-17 04:20 PM

While certainly not European delivery, BMW offers their Performance Center Delivery Program at their Spartanburg, SC plant. It can be used for any of the CUV's and SUV's assembled there. The program includes airport pickup, hotel accommodations dinner & breakfast and transportation to the Performance Center for delivery of your car. There is also track time with a model similar to what is being delivered.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery

DrRick 08-22-17 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by LexBob2 (Post 9961816)
While certainly not European delivery, BMW offers their Performance Center Delivery Program at their Spartanburg, SC plant. It can be used for any of the CUV's and SUV's assembled there. The program includes airport pickup, hotel accommodations dinner & breakfast and transportation to the Performance Center for delivery of your car. There is also track time with a model similar to what is being delivered.

https://bmwperformancecenter.com/delivery

You can actually do both. The PCD is a free service and pretty frickin awesome. And you can have any car delivers there. From the X models to the M's. You actually get the car you ordered delivered there.

Whatever model you get....they will have a demo car there for you to use in any of their 'track' events. They pick you up from the airport in a 7 series, put you up in a decent hotel, feed you breakfast and lunch, take you track demonstrations (letting you drive, as well), put your car in its own glass room and then take a few hours to explain all of the features of your new car. They end it with a tour of the plant.

Its an all day event but I would highly recommend it. A great way to start your BMW ownership.

rominl 08-22-17 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by jwong77 (Post 9961374)
Lexus should do something like this. I'd love to take a trip to Japan.

hard to happen when the steering wheel is on the other side of the car in japan

rominl 08-22-17 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by DrRick (Post 9961881)
You can actually do both. The PCD is a free service and pretty frickin awesome. And you can have any car delivers there. From the X models to the M's. You actually get the car you ordered delivered there.

Whatever model you get....they will have a demo car there for you to use in any of their 'track' events. They pick you up from the airport in a 7 series, put you up in a decent hotel, feed you breakfast and lunch, take you track demonstrations (letting you drive, as well), put your car in its own glass room and then take a few hours to explain all of the features of your new car. They end it with a tour of the plant.

Its an all day event but I would highly recommend it. A great way to start your BMW ownership.

this is correct. i have known a few guys who did bmw ED and then PCD here in the US before sending the car to their local dealership, super awesome.

i really hope some time in the future i can do ED once either on bmw or mb. you are right, people were flipping m cars that way and now it's tightened up :(

rxonmymind 08-23-17 12:01 AM

Imagine the Yugo tour! Awesomeness....:D