Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

So.....this happened today, Huracan got delivered today!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-17, 10:23 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Congrats on the Huracan, they really nailed the styling on it. It must be nice to have to decide between a Huracan and new NSX. The NSX would be the better daily or semi driver and more reliable, I would not see any issues with the turbo setup on the NSX, from what I have read they have been very conservative with its tuning/launch control to ensure high reliability, maybe a little too conservative, they are cars you can put a lot of miles on and don't cost a fortune to maintain. The Huracan though would be the more exhilarating car to take out and drive every now and then, NA V10 is a rare breed these days, I can see why someone would want to experience that before it is unfortunately gone.

The new R8 is way to bland in its design for my tastes, step down from the previous one, can't believe they went so conservative with it, Huracan is the way to go if you want that chassis and V10
Old 04-26-17, 11:43 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks s4

the new NSX is just a load of fun every time I take it out (once or twice a week)

other than the lack of a nose lift and having to get out of the car to fold/ unfold the mirrors to use my garage the car is as easy to live with as an Accord

the car is most fun on curvy roads, blasting off from a standstill and passing on the highway

and I do get a ton of stares, comments and thumbs up

i really think the problem they are having with selling them comes from lack of individualizations an a goal of a calm driving experience

your Lamborghini provides the context, you can get it in very personal colors like orange, you can have interiors to suite your preferences, like orange and black and you can add touches in more than just basic choices like your orange calipers. No deal on the NSX

and in terms of design language, Lamborghini starts at bold and works its way up to audacious. Look at the interior switch gear and how they give you multiple switches for lights where Acura simplifies with their stalk. Lamborghini is going toward jet fighter and Acura is going toward, hey this is easy to transition to from you MDX
Old 04-27-17, 03:19 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

Congrats on the new car! It looks awesome! I don't think I have seen one of those in person yet.
Old 04-27-17, 06:39 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 338 Likes on 230 Posts

Out of curiosity, did you look at several other cars (makes/models) before narrowing it down to the new NSX vs. the Huracan? Specifically, curious if you entertained any of the Ferrari models and why those were disqualified from your decision? Congrats on the car.
Old 04-27-17, 07:26 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Congratualtions! Very beautiful Huracan.
Old 04-27-17, 09:59 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jrmckinley
Out of curiosity, did you look at several other cars (makes/models) before narrowing it down to the new NSX vs. the Huracan? Specifically, curious if you entertained any of the Ferrari models and why those were disqualified from your decision? Congrats on the car.
Yes I did look at and test drove quite a few 458's and also a 16M Scud as well. I wanted to stick to NA cars so the new 488 was off the list plus the long wait times just wasn't something I wanted to commit to. Been there and done that before.

I think at the end of the day, it's really a matter of personal preference since you can't really fault the 458 in any way. Both cars are great cars but each mfr. attends to the details a bit differently. The Ferrari is more elegant, a finely tailored suit if you will that beckons your every move and responds accordingly. I loved the exhaust note of the 458 and the lines are timeless. When we were traveling in Europe/Venice years ago we got to see some of Ferrari's and I fell in love at that moment. I won't rule out one in the future but right now I feel the Huracan is more suited to my personality.

I love to modify my cars and the Huracan and Lambo community in general is more supported in the aftermarket world. I have a trick carbon fiber flat bottom wheel, CF door sills and a few other trick interior pieces planned for the inside. Outside, I have a full CF aero kit, wheels, suspension and more coming. I'll post updates as all of this is going to happen really fast to support our booth at WekFest 2017 in San Jose.

S2000toIS350: I couldn't have said it better, your words perfectly describe both cars perfectly. Acura still is a few steps behind in how to treat customers and giving them the unique options to pick what they want. Porsche has this market well defined letting owners define every part of their car. Most exotic car companies have their special programs such as McLaren with their MCO program. I think down the road Acura needs to offer their own line of personalization options to give owners in this price range the ability to pick what they want. Customer service is at the top of their priority list. From my understanding Acura still does not allow test drives of their supercar whereas I must have drove and been invited to drive various exotics from McLaren, Lambo and Ferrari more times than I have fingers and toes. Acura needs to understand for the serious buyer, you cannot expect someone to fall in-love with a car in the showroom, a test drive is the easiest way to seal the deal.

thanks for all the love and support!

This is what my Lambo dealer sent me after the sale as a thank you package:

Name:  FBCFB217-F0EF-47FD-8B85-8E0AE7E3CF83_zpspq4ecvmx.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  1.16 MB
Old 04-27-17, 10:22 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 338 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
Yes I did look at and test drove quite a few 458's and also a 16M Scud as well. I wanted to stick to NA cars so the new 488 was off the list plus the long wait times just wasn't something I wanted to commit to. Been there and done that before.

I think at the end of the day, it's really a matter of personal preference since you can't really fault the 458 in any way. Both cars are great cars but each mfr. attends to the details a bit differently. The Ferrari is more elegant, a finely tailored suit if you will that beckons your every move and responds accordingly. I loved the exhaust note of the 458 and the lines are timeless. When we were traveling in Europe/Venice years ago we got to see some of Ferrari's and I fell in love at that moment. I won't rule out one in the future but right now I feel the Huracan is more suited to my personality
Awesome, good insight. I have always liked the 458 and really like the images I have seen of the 488. Have driven a few 430's and was impressed. I don't have any experience driving or riding in a Lamborghini so was curious what drew you to that over something like a Ferrari. I hope you enjoy it... Would be hard not to. Cheers,
Old 04-27-17, 12:13 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Acura is waking up slowly

they only recently put a test drive program in place for the NSX

dealers can opt in to use an inventory car as a demo and Acura will provide some financial support for this
Old 04-27-17, 06:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Quite a car there.......Congratulations. That matching-orange interior trim is nice.

You must be quite a bit younger than me. I'm too old for something like that, though.....trying to shoehorn in and out of a car that sits an inch off the ground and rides/handles like a racing car.
Old 04-27-17, 06:22 PM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

I don't know about the ride of the Huracan but the NSX has magnetic ride control and rides great.

What you lose in these cars relative to xyz sedans is wheelbase, which really contributes to ride quality over choppy roads.

Looking forward to see the results of his modification campaign.
Old 04-28-17, 01:36 PM
2008GS
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

You are a very BLESSED young man! Congrats!
Old 04-29-17, 10:02 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats!!
Old 05-04-17, 08:56 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Quite a car there.......Congratulations. That matching-orange interior trim is nice.

You must be quite a bit younger than me. I'm too old for something like that, though.....trying to shoehorn in and out of a car that sits an inch off the ground and rides/handles like a racing car.
Not really - young is only a relative term I realized these days. I play basketball with all the mid 20's guys and I feel old for sure. This car isn't that low - my NSX is much lower in respect and that car is hard to get in and out of. The Huracan feels like an SUV in comparison!

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
I don't know about the ride of the Huracan but the NSX has magnetic ride control and rides great.

What you lose in these cars relative to xyz sedans is wheelbase, which really contributes to ride quality over choppy roads.

Looking forward to see the results of his modification campaign.
Yes the Huracan / R8 also has the same magnetic ride control so when we lower the car we are going to use Novitec "cup kit" to lower the perch but maintain the ride adjustments depending on what mode you are driving in.

Originally Posted by 2008GS
You are a very BLESSED young man! Congrats!
Originally Posted by GiantsFan
Congrats!!

thanks guys - I'm one of the luckiest guys around with a great wife and 2 awesome kids. Car is cool but it's just a toy

Last night I was working on my first mod (I prefer to tinker myself) and working on this car is like a puzzle. Everything is well thought out but you need to have the proper tools and patience to figure it out. We pulled the rear wing section off since I wanted a larger spoiler but did NOT want to drill any holes in the body, that would be sacrilegious. Luckily this kit comes with a replacement rear tail piece in carbon with holes already drilled. Funny thing is after the piece was removed, I realized there was a few pieces of electronics hidden underneath (XM radio, GPS, 3rd brake light assembly. Of course the CF replacement lacks all the OEM mounting points so we had to get creative. This piece is extremely difficult to access and it's right above the exhaust so will get hot. Since I didn't think tape would hold we built a custom metal bracket to hold the electronics and had it all bolted down securely.

The end result should be really nice but was late so no time for pics. We have matching dry carbon side skirts, front lip and eventually a rear diffuser going on the car too!

Name:  FE8834A4-2A25-4101-9877-C71341F87167_zpsswal9enk.jpg
Views: 716
Size:  1.32 MB

This is what you see once all the CF covers are removed
Name:  8F3A9521-4778-4232-8321-E36ED8EF7E11_zpse7fvjyqb.jpg
Views: 805
Size:  2.11 MB

Rear tail is held by 8 TORX screws and out of the car ready to swap
Name:  1C78D148-370B-4029-A072-CAF2E84F13BF_zpsbv7ys7dg.jpg
Views: 793
Size:  2.11 MB

Side by side ready to swap over the electronics:
Name:  1BD963CC-C850-40BE-8B6A-5CEC75A6F98A_zpszfhf7um3.jpg
Views: 781
Size:  2.79 MB
Old 05-09-17, 10:13 PM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Waiting on the vinyl team to get the work completed on the car prior to installing the rest of the CF aero pieces, did some test fitment today of the MAD Hydra dry carbon kit:

Name:  EF87A146-E185-42CA-B35C-25D36328CE42_zpsxpbs6zk3.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  1.80 MB
Old 05-09-17, 11:31 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow project going along smoothly! I like how you do it the proper way even if you need to be creative and go extra miles

Quick Reply: So.....this happened today, Huracan got delivered today!