Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lc500 price

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-17, 01:01 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ssmoked
If only interior matters to the wealthy, the interior of a genesis G90 ultimate would give it a run for it money, and its 50k cheaper.

"honestly not too bad" will not cut it for a car that costs as much as a small house
Think you posted a Canadian ad as Northwest Lexus is in Canada. Again at $104,370 (US) fully loaded LC 500 is not bad.
Old 03-01-17, 01:27 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

LC is not meant to be a track carver, why would it need a dual clutch. DCT have their own issues. I can see them being more appropriate in a bleeding edge car but not an everyday car. For an everyday car a fast torque converter is good enough.

http://acurazine.com/forums/5g-tlx-p...issues-920749/
Old 03-01-17, 02:42 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

I do like this car and I really like coupes but it is just not going to sell at that price. It is very nice looking but It is still just not that special to be priced around or over 100K and I am not knocking the car, I am fine with the engine as long as it is priced realistically. Lexus is not the only company that puts a huge price tag on nice coupes and then wonders why they don't sell but Lexus really should know that it does not have the prestige to sell cars priced like this and they really need to have a car like that be seen on the road by the public which is not going to happen at 100K if they want to try to up their image. Lexus is not BMW or Mercedes, they can't price cars around what the Germans charge and expect sales. I still have yet to see a new S class coupe yet I have seen several S class sedans, I don't think they sell many likely due to the S class coupe being priced too high, some high priced German coupes also don't sell. I am hoping they will offer the turbo 6 from the LS in a more affordable LC priced in the 70's, other wise I am afraid the LC which is very nice will be a very low seller you just won't see on the road.
Old 03-01-17, 03:09 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Yes Canadian pricing is more reasonable than US pricing with the currrent exchange rate, but we pay higher sales taxes.
​​​​​​​The yellow paint and the white leather interior are not available in Canada in any configuration at all
Old 03-01-17, 04:11 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Yes Canadian pricing is more reasonable than US pricing with the currrent exchange rate, but we pay higher sales taxes.
The yellow paint and the white leather interior are not available in Canada in any configuration at all
I don't believe that exterior and interior are available for the US either. US order site lists: Infrared, Nightfall Mica, Ultra-White, Autumn Shimmer, Caviar, Atomic Silver, Liquid Platinum, and Smoky Granite as the exterior colors available, and Black, Rioja Red, and Mid-Brown as the interior choices.
Old 03-01-17, 04:35 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Not just the looks. It is the overall package.

In the lands of many other me too look alikes with BMW, MB, AUDI, and etc........The LOOKS of the LC500 is very unique and rare. I, for one will most likely acquire one when the right combo of color, options, and price crosses and make sense for me. Right now, you are absolutely right, NO GO for me either. I'll wait for the right timing of my above criterias.

Originally Posted by patgilm
So they are basically charging $100k+ for a nice exterior and interior with a left over engine and drivetrain? The car looks amazing and when I saw the Super Bowl commercial I thought it was awesome...until I saw the engine, hp and transmission. I would have liked it better with a V6TT and DCT. Charging over $100k for looks alone is a little tough these days.
Old 03-01-17, 08:52 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

The front looks like a rc350 and the rear looks like another variation in the RC family. The engine is almost identical to my 58.9k new (20% discount 73k) rcf.
Here we go again.

Ok so first off, your AD says its from Northwest Lexus, which is is Canada, its Canadian pricing. Your profile says you are in California so unless you plan to buy this in Canada, your base price is $92k.

So why are you saying in the OP you'll buy it with the discount if it looks the same and has the same engine as your RCF? Sounds contradicting to me, either you want it or you don't want it. Who buys a car they don't want?

RCF doesn't impress a lot of the car critics but the LC has been gliding through reviews. RC is an old platform and the LC is entirely new.

The reason why you think it looks the same is because corporate design language. M4 and 6550i is not any different comparatively. In the US, the LC500 starts at only $3k more than the 6550i.

Last edited by G Star; 03-01-17 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-01-17, 09:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

there are 12 in stock lx570 at my local dealer I can get 20% off or more easily
20% discount on lx570 in CA? that means 80k for a 98k msrp lx570? i would like to see you buy that car and show the invoice to prove

and how about getting the correct US pricing and then do a better comparison?

i am sure tons of people think lexus are way overpriced in general because a toyota does 80% of it for much less, but you still own one

Last edited by rominl; 03-01-17 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-02-17, 01:39 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
LX570s are rare and they get sold quick for MSRP when they hit the lot
there are 12 in stock lx570 at my local dealer I can get 20% off or more easily
yup, local dealer here just advertised ON TV they have TWENTY lx570's in stock. advertised lease was $899 but i've no idea if that's good/bad/fine-print/etc.

Originally Posted by rominl
20% discount on lx570 in CA? that means 80k for a 98k msrp lx570? i would like to see you buy that car and show the invoice to prove
i think there's deals to be had but very unlikely 80k.
Old 03-02-17, 02:25 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

here at westside lexus even the last gen 570s sold out when they hit the lot, guess its different in cali
Old 03-02-17, 02:51 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
here at westside lexus even the last gen 570s sold out when they hit the lot, guess its different in cali
It no surprise that the truck based Lexus SUVs do well in Texas, just like it's no surprise Lexus hybrids do well in California
Old 03-02-17, 04:14 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Here we go again.

Ok so first off, your AD says its from Northwest Lexus, which is is Canada, its Canadian pricing. Your profile says you are in California so unless you plan to buy this in Canada, your base price is $92k.

So why are you saying in the OP you'll buy it with the discount if it looks the same and has the same engine as your RCF? Sounds contradicting to me, either you want it or you don't want it. Who buys a car they don't want?

RCF doesn't impress a lot of the car critics but the LC has been gliding through reviews. RC is an old platform and the LC is entirely new.

The reason why you think it looks the same is because corporate design language. M4 and 6550i is not any different comparatively. In the US, the LC500 starts at only $3k more than the 6550i.
first of all, no car comes in base form. If you would look at the right-bottom corner of the ad, there is 10k USD worth of options. So after dealer fee, ttl, markup...it will be 120k car. Unless you can avoid paying taxes...please teach me how
second of all, I was being sarcastic about buying it after the price readjusts back to realism. Everything has a value vs cost. My RCF sure doesn't worth 73k sticker imo when the M4 is far superior performance wise around the same price. But I bought it for a steal of 59k new, so now the good is worth the price. Same concept goes for the LC500 after 30%+ discount
thirdly, since you are such a fanatic, i assume you would be the first buyer of this over priced inferior product (compared with its peers)? I will be waiting for the new car pics
Do you know how much 650i discount for? I was offered a leftover new one with a 35% msrp discount. It's still over priced and you would lose another 10% the second its titled. You can price a product to any dollar amount you want, the market determines how much its worth at the end
Old 03-02-17, 04:23 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl

and how about getting the correct US pricing and then do a better comparison?

i am sure tons of people think lexus are way overpriced in general because a toyota does 80% of it for much less, but you still own one
right... I am going to spend close to 90k after TTL just to prove my point to someone in cyberspace...of a SUV i have no interest in. If you want to wage 90k with me in an escrow account for the bet, PM me.
If you can't get 20% in California, who is stopping you to shop across the states? If being lazy is your thing, thats another story. Can't help you there...
I own one bc I see the value (what i paid) is worth the good. Toyota might cut it for the job being cheaper, but why would I short my self
Old 03-02-17, 09:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

right... I am going to spend close to 90k after TTL just to prove my point to someone in cyberspace...of a SUV i have no interest in. If you want to wage 90k with me in an escrow account for the bet, PM me.
If you can't get 20% in California, who is stopping you to shop across the states? If being lazy is your thing, thats another story. Can't help you there...
I own one bc I see the value (what i paid) is worth the good. Toyota might cut it for the job being cheaper, but why would I short my self
and someone in cyberspace like you just claimed 20% off on lx570 and it's believable? everyone can go out and cry about what they can get, but unless someone is showing the numbers, your words don't really carry much weights.

remind me of the story back then when someone claimed he owned all these exotics. yup, cyberspace, can't help you there
Old 03-02-17, 09:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
yup, local dealer here just advertised ON TV they have TWENTY lx570's in stock. advertised lease was $899 but i've no idea if that's good/bad/fine-print/etc.

i think there's deals to be had but very unlikely 80k.
well, given the global market demand, you might as well have someone hook you up with 20% off and make some good money

Quick Reply: Lc500 price