Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My friend bought an M4

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-16, 01:55 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n2knee
If you can find a ymb/so color combo in your local dealership, I suggest go take a look. I think the ligther Yas Marina Blue goes well with Sakhir Orange versus the darker blue San Marino Blue.

This pic is not mine.
I don't think any dealership would ever carry that color combo. It's hard enough to find anything that isn't black/white outside with black interior (I hate black interiors). YMB/Red just seems a bit too "superman" for me, just as a Yellow on Red Porsche screams McDonalds. YMB/brown is a nice compromise and adds some class to the vehicle as well.
Old 09-12-16, 08:52 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I looked at M3/M4s, 80% were black or white with black or carbon structure interior, so boring.

if I ordered one it would be blue/red. And San Marino blue with full red leather for a M6
Old 09-14-16, 11:21 AM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
on a related note, this looks like a blast and you don't need to own the porsche.

https://www.porschedriving.com/exper...driving-school
a friend had her birthday party there a few months ago. we got the 718 Spyder for an hour and a half. it was amazing. hard to believe that its a turbo 4 in that car, now.

i was a bit intimidated when i first looked at the track because there's not a lot of run off room between asphalt and guardrail. the instructors are top notch and really encourage you to drive to YOUR limits.

quick story...i was driving pretty well. i had caught up to another driver in a 991 and was obviously faster but he wouldnt wave me by. so the instructor pulled me off the circuit and we sampled the Launch Control for a few minutes. we get back on the track and its free and clear. im having a blast...braking later and later....hitting my marks.... getting smoother with the throttle. so im just out there doing my thing when all of a sudden, i happen to look in my mirror and 2 GT3's and a GT$ were ALL OVER ME. i mean...really close. unfortunately, it was a technical section with a blind, uphill right hander that is marked with a cone before a quick left hander to the back straight. well, when i looked in the mirror, it completely threw me off my rhythm. i punted that cone soooo hard and completely blew the left hander.

when there is a car faster than you, youre s'posed to pull to the right and turn on your left signal. easy, right? well, i was so shook that im turning on windshield wipers, headlights....everything BUT the signal. it was time to park it before i exercised that insurance waiver.

here is a quick vid i took of my wife driving...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIN0BB8h...en-by=1mavrick
Old 09-14-16, 07:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,203 Likes on 1,432 Posts

^^^ awesome story and vid. so did you get your wife dinner? and your 'friend' must have spent a BUNDLE on that birthday party?
Old 09-14-16, 09:18 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by DrRick
a friend had her birthday party there a few months ago. we got the 718 Spyder for an hour and a half. it was amazing. hard to believe that its a turbo 4 in that car, now.

i was a bit intimidated when i first looked at the track because there's not a lot of run off room between asphalt and guardrail. the instructors are top notch and really encourage you to drive to YOUR limits.

quick story...i was driving pretty well. i had caught up to another driver in a 991 and was obviously faster but he wouldnt wave me by. so the instructor pulled me off the circuit and we sampled the Launch Control for a few minutes. we get back on the track and its free and clear. im having a blast...braking later and later....hitting my marks.... getting smoother with the throttle. so im just out there doing my thing when all of a sudden, i happen to look in my mirror and 2 GT3's and a GT$ were ALL OVER ME. i mean...really close. unfortunately, it was a technical section with a blind, uphill right hander that is marked with a cone before a quick left hander to the back straight. well, when i looked in the mirror, it completely threw me off my rhythm. i punted that cone soooo hard and completely blew the left hander.

when there is a car faster than you, youre s'posed to pull to the right and turn on your left signal. easy, right? well, i was so shook that im turning on windshield wipers, headlights....everything BUT the signal. it was time to park it before i exercised that insurance waiver.

here is a quick vid i took of my wife driving...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIN0BB8h...en-by=1mavrick
haha great story!

but yes, when you are really racing, a split second in the rear view mirror makes a huge difference!