Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My friend bought an M4

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-16, 11:00 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DrRick
ahhhhhhh...the memories. Sunday was the 1 year anniversary of us picking up my wife's M4 from Performance Center in Spartansburg. Its been a really fun year with the car. The only 'problems' that we've had were a fuel injection sensor that was knocked off when her father hit a pothole and a bolt that started backing out on the driver's side door hinge.

other than those little annoyances....she's run hard and strong. i told my wife, when she got it, that she wasnt ready for the attention that it would garner. and i was right. every day she comes home telling me about all the men that give her thumbs up on the highway or as her about the car at gas stations. it really does get folks talking.

unfortunately...we will only have it for 2 more years. no way in hell are we keeping an M car when its out of warning. but in sure these next 24 months will be fun...
Have you done the Performance School there by any chance? They just opened their 2nd Performance Center in NA near LA, which is closer to me since I spend a lot of time in the west coast. Would love to experience it in the near future.
Old 09-09-16, 08:48 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BrownPride
Yep that's what happens with these cars. I test drove an ///M4 recently and people started taking videos on the freeway and some other BMW people even started trying to race. I always notice it's the BMW people racing and enjoying themselves, everybody else treats driving like a chore. Needless to say, I'm a BMW guy through and through.
Yep. I took delivery of my M5 at the PC on May 31st and it is an absolute blast. I have never had a car where I try to think of reasons to drive. Definitely not a chore to drive whatsoever. My '14 GS F Sport does feel like a chore though now.
Old 09-09-16, 09:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Have you done the Performance School there by any chance? They just opened their 2nd Performance Center in NA near LA, which is closer to me since I spend a lot of time in the west coast. Would love to experience it in the near future.
i did the 1 day m school in SC when i got my m3. it was one of the best experiences, i learned so much about driving and racing.

i heard they opened up one around here, where is it exactly? if i have the time i would love to join again, hopefully the 2 day class
Old 09-09-16, 09:32 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
i did the 1 day m school in SC when i got my m3. it was one of the best experiences, i learned so much about driving and racing.

i heard they opened up one around here, where is it exactly? if i have the time i would love to join again, hopefully the 2 day class
I'm pretty sure my wife is getting me the 2 day M School for Christmas this year. We had a blast doing PCD and I heard her mentioning getting me that to a buddy's wife. I'd be happy with that present.
Old 09-09-16, 10:04 PM
n2knee
Driver School Candidate

I'm so conflicted. I always wanted a sporty car in blue, but I've always wanted a red interior as well. They just don't go well together.

Regarding the M4, the CF roof certainly looks cool but I'd rather opt for the sunroof! I prefer the extra light and open air over the aesthetic benefits and marginal performance benefit of having the CF roof.
If you can find a ymb/so color combo in your local dealership, I suggest go take a look. I think the ligther Yas Marina Blue goes well with Sakhir Orange versus the darker blue San Marino Blue.

This pic is not mine.
Attached Thumbnails My friend bought an M4-image.jpeg  
Old 09-09-16, 10:21 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What color combo is your X6M? I love the look of the the F16, especially in Long Beach Blue! The thing is a straight up monster that had a leather bomb go off inside.
LBB is little too teal for me, I went with DG with Aragon brown full leather interior, understated and easy clean
Old 09-10-16, 08:53 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by jmtamu
I'm pretty sure my wife is getting me the 2 day M School for Christmas this year. We had a blast doing PCD and I heard her mentioning getting me that to a buddy's wife. I'd be happy with that present.
that's wonderful. that's good 4 grands right there for 2 day school
Old 09-10-16, 09:05 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
that's wonderful. that's good 4 grands right there for 2 day school
But you can drive as hard as you can and not worry about wear, tear or something break down if it's your own M XD

i know my tires won't last me a day of track driving and it would cost 2500+ just to replace them :/
Old 09-10-16, 09:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,431 Posts

on a related note, this looks like a blast and you don't need to own the porsche.

https://www.porschedriving.com/exper...driving-school
Old 09-11-16, 10:38 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Tampa Bay? Go Lightning!
Old 09-11-16, 06:50 PM
jmtamu
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
on a related note, this looks like a blast and you don't need to own the porsche.

My company's CEO did this and totalled one of their 911 Turbos slamming into a wall during the event. He was lucky to walk away it. He said he couldn't believe it how easy it was to deal with, but they just made him sign a release stating what happened and that he wouldn't hold them liable for any future injuries and they wouldn't hold him liable for the car.
Old 09-11-16, 09:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by blacksc400
But you can drive as hard as you can and not worry about wear, tear or something break down if it's your own M XD

i know my tires won't last me a day of track driving and it would cost 2500+ just to replace them :/
of course, not saying it's not worth the money but it's still a lot of money.

and come on, a new set of pilot super sport? you gotta be drifting all day long to burn through a set within 100 miles

Originally Posted by jmtamu
My company's CEO did this and totalled one of their 911 Turbos slamming into a wall during the event. He was lucky to walk away it. He said he couldn't believe it how easy it was to deal with, but they just made him sign a release stating what happened and that he wouldn't hold them liable for any future injuries and they wouldn't hold him liable for the car.
trust me, they worry just as much about you suing them. your tuition has paid for all kind of insurance, they get a new 911 turbo from insurance like that
Old 09-12-16, 07:01 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna

nice to know they'll take anyone's $$$$

Old 09-12-16, 07:53 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by n2knee
If you can find a ymb/so color combo in your local dealership, I suggest go take a look. I think the ligther Yas Marina Blue goes well with Sakhir Orange versus the darker blue San Marino Blue.

This pic is not mine.

That color combination is nice indeed!
Old 09-12-16, 01:54 PM
BrownPride
Lead Lap

Good to know there are a lot of German enthusiasts on these boards!

Quick Reply: My friend bought an M4