Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Would you use an Uber/Lyft motorcycle service?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-17, 05:00 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Since I ride motorcycle myself, maybe I would. Motorcycle/scooter is a very convenient and quick way to get around NYC's congestion.

With that said, such service would only be available during relatively short warm season in many parts of USA (especially highly populated places, most of which are up north) and only during non rainy days.
Old 05-25-17, 08:57 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Rode a scooter Uber today in Ho Chi Minh.

It was raining. My driver made me put on a parka and helmet. Helmet laws are stricter here than other SouthEast Asian countries.

Now, if you don't know how Saigon traffic goes, it's pretty much no holds barred kind of chaos where scooters dart in and out of traffic, on sidewalks, and in daring angles (something went perpendicular or gone the wrong way), as well as cars and pedestrians who don't give a damn about traffic or crosswalks.

I went for 3 kilometers and it cost 50 cents.
The traveling speed there is much slower since it's always jam packed. So with an accident, it's usually going to be pretty minor, unless you go against a dump truck. That is the only dumb thing I see there where you can lose in traffic.

Riders and pedestrians there are much more alert (since you can't afford to take your eyes off the traffic) unlike here you're going at a higher speed while talking on the phone and putting on your make-up and shaving at the same time
Old 05-27-17, 09:50 PM
My0gr81
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Strict one **** per bike rule.