Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

We Have to Limit Drivers Licenses

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-15, 03:48 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by spwolf
it seems you just dont like immigrants... I dont see why wouldnt licensed immigrants maintain their cars as well as everyone else. Many americans dont maintain their cars and technically in many states there are really no inspections.

So there is no reason to single out immigrants, legal or illegal. If you want better drivers on the roads, then driver tests need to be harder. If you want better and properly maintained cars on the road, then yearly inspections must check the cars, in many states they check only emissions. Whatever you are saying applies to americans as well - many dont take care of their vehicles and many lack proper driving skills.

So if you want illegal immigrant not to to have right to license, vote for someone else... in any case, not a topic for car chat, it is a political issue.
Old 01-10-15, 04:15 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

So there is no reason to single out immigrants, legal or illegal. If you want better drivers on the roads, then driver tests need to be harder. If you want better and properly maintained cars on the road, then yearly inspections must check the cars, in many states they check only emissions. Whatever you are saying applies to americans as well - many dont take care of their vehicles and many lack proper driving skills.
There are also too many people, both regular citizens and undocumented, who are driving either without a license or with a suspended license. Driving without a valid license is a serious and widespread problem......as documented by the number of traffic stops by police where they find the driver has had his or her license suspended or revoked, yet continues to drive. The common argument trying to justify it is....."Well, I have to drive to get to work". IMO, they should have considered that before they committed the offenses that got their license suspended in the first place.
Old 01-10-15, 09:20 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

it seems you just dont like immigrants... I dont see why wouldnt licensed immigrants maintain their cars as well as everyone else. Many americans dont maintain their cars and technically in many states there are really no inspections.

So if you want illegal immigrant not to to have right to license, vote for someone else... in any case, not a topic for car chat, it is a political issue.

1) I agree, we need more stringent driver testing - and training.
2) Illegal immigrants are here illegally, so, to me, they have already disregarded our rules
3) I did vote for somebody else; our current President is a schmuck (as is CA's governor)
4) The discussion is about limiting driver's licenses.
5) I will single-out anyone I choose to.

Last edited by SoCalSC4; 01-10-15 at 09:23 PM.