Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Motorcycle gangs

Old 11-26-14, 03:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default Motorcycle gangs

http://www.brobible.com/life/article...eo-motorcycle/

This High-Speed Chase Video Is Exactly Why Most People Think Motorcycle Gangs Are *******s

s it impossible for you to just ride your bike around like a normal law-abiding citizen? Are the wheelies and weaving in and out of traffic really necessary? Heads up, no one driving around you likes that ****.

Via Gawker,

The video, spliced together from a few cameras mounted to members of an L.A. biker gang, has it all. Wheelies, power slides, shutting down roads, hiding under overpasses and pedestrian walkways, and suicidal attire. Then add in at least one patrol car – plus a crash a few feet away – a high-speed chase, then follow it up with a police helicopter…

This video is exactly why your Mom made you get a Prius and not a Harley.
Old 11-26-14, 03:32 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

It would not bother me to see many of those bikers get run over
Old 11-26-14, 03:38 PM
Byprodrive
Lexus Champion

Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts

Simple P.I.T. maneuver may have stopped this out of control 2-wheeled use of deadly force.

Please note I don't think any of the MC were Harleys.

I am in disbelief that here in 21st century CA motorcycle muffler laws are so "open".
Old 11-26-14, 05:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Byprodrive
Simple P.I.T. maneuver may have stopped this out of control 2-wheeled use of deadly force.

Please note I don't think any of the MC were Harleys.

I am in disbelief that here in 21st century CA motorcycle muffler laws are so "open".
maybe ran out of money putting laws on everything else
Old 11-26-14, 06:06 PM
Nospinzone

Received 406 Likes on 314 Posts

That's not a motorcycle gang, they're motorcycle fairies.
Old 11-26-14, 06:58 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

hells h*mos
Old 11-26-14, 08:43 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

That cop was wasting his time. Those guys weren't about to stop....and, despite hitting one, he obviously couldn't get all of them. Besides, one cop, even if armed, against a least a dozen angry bikers is not very good odds....and gang-bikers have a well-deserved reputation for being bad-a** dudes (that's partly how their gangs survive). If any real confrontation had happened, that cop would probably have been toast.......and perhaps even a couple of police back-ups, if they had managed to get there.

Also, the LAPD (and especially that officer, if identified) will probably be marked for retaliation now by that gang, and who knows what the repercussions will be?

Motto: You don't mess with bikers unless you have the force, weapons, and manpower to do it with....like a police SWAT team.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-26-14 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-26-14, 09:01 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nospinzone
That's not a motorcycle gang, they're motorcycle fairies.
That's easy for someone to say in a setting like this, but try actually going up to them, calling them that, and watch what happens. Those guys don't mess around. You will be in deep ******.
Old 11-26-14, 09:07 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Byprodrive

Bikers, when removing the mufflers from their bikes, often use the excuse that the noise the bikes make without them (especially the thundering Harleys) keeps them in constant awareness to drivers around them and helps prevent them from getting run over. I'm not necessarily talking about gangs here, but bikers in general. There may (?) actually be some truth to that, since I notice that even Police-spec Harleys can be pretty loud sometimes.

Last edited by mmarshall; 11-26-14 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-26-14, 09:16 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Those guys and others just like them are a disgrace to motorcyclisys everywhere. They are not a "gang" they're a mob. A bunch of individuals who with numbers develop a mob mentality. Not one of them can own up to their actions. They're answers are often "were just having fun blah blah". I ride, been riding collectively for 22 years. I've done my share of stupid crap but I've grown up. I ride track, race on track and love every moment about it. Believe it or not, REAL motorcycle gangs do not act like complete idiots like these morons do. That guy who crashed, crashed on his own because he's a crappy rider. He came up too quick on the patrol vehicle and locked up his front brakes. Butt over end, too bad so sad. Unfortunately cops cannot PIT bikes like cars because we all know it'll probably end in a body bag or serious injury. Then what? Ferguson 2.1? Of course, thats American society. Sue the police because you (as in the dirt bag) committed a crime and got spanked. I'm tired of being angry with stupid people.....
Old 11-26-14, 09:25 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

About the exhausts, all modified exhausts in California are illegal. Very few companies make a 50 state legal exhaust. Most of the retailers who sell these exhausts won't even ship to California anymore. I know because I tried. That talk about loud pipes saves lives is completely untrue too. Ever been driving along and had a police car come blaring up from your rear lights and siren and before you knew it, it was on your tail and you didn't even know? It happens all the time. As a rider I sit in Los Angeles traffic in my Lex and get surprised when a bike suddenly comes up on my right side. I didn't hear It coming. Maybe because he was doing while the cars were doing 10. Not a whole lot of loud exhaust going on there. Harleys with pipe mods are obnoxious.... I also ride a Harley too and have stock pipes.. that's as loud as I want mine. Police Harleys are stock pipes too. They can't control Harleys R&D to not be able to make a quiet Harley. What's saves lives for a rider is cognitive awareness, expect no one to see you, everyone to cut you off, be extremely defensive while being offensive. Riding isn't for everyone. You can ride a bike but it doesn't mean you should.
Old 11-27-14, 08:28 AM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tack strips....
Old 11-27-14, 05:40 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
That cop was wasting his time. Those guys weren't about to stop....and, despite hitting one, he obviously couldn't get all of them. Besides, one cop, even if armed, against a least a dozen angry bikers is not very good odds....and gang-bikers have a well-deserved reputation for being bad-a** dudes (that's partly how their gangs survive). If any real confrontation had happened, that cop would probably have been toast.......and perhaps even a couple of police back-ups, if they had managed to get there.

Also, the LAPD (and especially that officer, if identified) will probably be marked for retaliation now by that gang, and who knows what the repercussions will be?

Motto: You don't mess with bikers unless you have the force, weapons, and manpower to do it with....like a police SWAT team.
i cant believe you are serious. Are you?
Old 11-27-14, 06:44 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by spwolf
i cant believe you are serious. Are you?
Not all motorcycle clubs and gangs are exactly alike. If I gave that impression, or the idea that one has to automatically keep one's distance from anyone riding on a Harley, sorry, I did not mean to. What I meant, though, was that it is a fact that you don't want to mess with classic traditional gangs like the Pagans, Hells Angels, Outlaws, etc...... Get on their wrong side, and it is guaranteed to ruin your whole day. Even cops have to be careful dealing with them, with plenty of back-up. In fact, dealing with dangerous gangs and other criminals is one reason why SWAT teams were originally formed.

It may be hard for you to believe the seriousness of it because this type of biker-gang may does not exist in Europe where you are. But they do here in the U.S., though not quite to the extent that the media sometimes paints them.
Old 11-27-14, 06:48 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
Those guys and others just like them are a disgrace to motorcyclisys everywhere. They are not a "gang" they're a mob. A bunch of individuals who with numbers develop a mob mentality. Not one of them can own up to their actions. They're answers are often "were just having fun blah blah". I ride, been riding collectively for 22 years. I've done my share of stupid crap but I've grown up. I ride track, race on track and love every moment about it. Believe it or not, REAL motorcycle gangs do not act like complete idiots like these morons do. That guy who crashed, crashed on his own because he's a crappy rider. He came up too quick on the patrol vehicle and locked up his front brakes. Butt over end, too bad so sad. Unfortunately cops cannot PIT bikes like cars because we all know it'll probably end in a body bag or serious injury. Then what? Ferguson 2.1? Of course, thats American society. Sue the police because you (as in the dirt bag) committed a crime and got spanked. I'm tired of being angry with stupid people.....
Good post. You're correct that true biker-gangs don't usually ride that flamboyantly....and, in fact, they often run a business dealing in illegal substances. But get on their wrong side....or try to interfere with them, and, well.............

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motorcycle gangs