Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Lexus.com

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-14, 06:14 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts
Default New Lexus.com

Finally! The old Lexus.com was really outdated to me. Different pages which had the same layouts required different inputs. For instance, hovering over the main lexus.com banner, the vehicles would reveal themselves automatically. If you went into a vehicle's page and then hovered over the same banner, nothing would happen. Drove me nuts.

New one has much more show. Unfortunately, the build pages are still old
Old 06-06-14, 06:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

same ******* 'Build Your Own' Tool though lol
Old 06-06-14, 06:45 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

The best news of all, though, is that, now once you have located a dealer through the Lexus.com system, you can now scan that dealership's new-car inventory on-line .....something that was not possible in the past, as Lexus dealers generally listed only their used and CPO vehicles on-line. To search for a new car, you either had to call the dealership and talk to somebody, E-mail, or chat with someone live from the dealership on-line....and THEY searched for the car for you. Many potential customers didn't want that....they complained about that over the years, and I'm just so surprised that it took Lexus so long to change that system. The new system still isn't perfect (IMO, it doesn't display enough of each new vehicle's details/equipment without a separate purchase-inquiry).....but at least it's a big step forward.
Old 06-06-14, 07:13 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dat spindle grill lineup:

New Lexus.com-bbvvhs5.png
Old 06-06-14, 10:46 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can they stop choosing that 3/4 angle to showcase their lineup that is ever so slightly different on each model? Drives me into OCD madness. Just do a consistent side profile or front viewf or each one.
Old 06-06-14, 11:06 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Dat spindle grill lineup:

I think the Spindle is sexy
Old 06-07-14, 02:53 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Are they still selling LFAs??????
Old 06-07-14, 06:47 AM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
several dealerships in southern california have them sitting on their showroom floors, so i would assume so. although i guess they could be part of the dealership owner's private collection, although that seems unlikely.
Old 06-07-14, 08:52 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

One problem still lingering on the new website is the lack of a firm introduction date for the American-market NX. IMO, elusive phrases like "Coming Soon", and "Lexus News....Stay Tuned" are not acceptable. Customer Service claims they don't have a firm date yet, but I think they know it and are are just stalling. Given the fact that the competing Lincoln MKC is also going to be debuting soon (and, unlike other newer Lincolns, promised to be a very nice product), the more Lexus stalls with the NX, the more sales it could end up costing them.

Last edited by mmarshall; 06-07-14 at 09:04 AM.
Old 06-07-14, 09:24 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I'm sure the Lexus division has a reason for handling the roll outs like they are. Capacity? Build interest? Other issues they choose not release? We can only speculate.
Old 06-07-14, 03:27 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

If you actually look at the LFA on the homepage banner, it says "Originally 375,000". So while they are not selling it anymore, they keep it on the website so you can see the specs
Old 06-07-14, 03:42 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mmarshall
One problem still lingering on the new website is the lack of a firm introduction date for the American-market NX. IMO, elusive phrases like "Coming Soon", and "Lexus News....Stay Tuned" are not acceptable. Customer Service claims they don't have a firm date yet, but I think they know it and are are just stalling. Given the fact that the competing Lincoln MKC is also going to be debuting soon (and, unlike other newer Lincolns, promised to be a very nice product), the more Lexus stalls with the NX, the more sales it could end up costing them.
That is the norm for the industry. Fall is when it will hit dealerships. Lincoln is an afterthought sadly.

Old 06-07-14, 05:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
NX sales date has nothing to do with website design though... they start 3-4 months from now while MKCis already on sale
Old 06-07-14, 10:14 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus likely target China with NX, so there might be some capacity constraint for the US.
Old 06-08-14, 01:24 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

I dont like new website at all, it already looks like it is 10 years old.