Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Next generation Land Cruiser on the drawing board

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-14, 04:51 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
Where is the blind cross alert on LC?
Blind Spot Monitor* w/ Cross-Traffic Alert

ToMoCo doesn't make a monitor for the blind crossing streets
Old 05-31-14, 05:01 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Blind Spot Monitor* w/ Cross-Traffic Alert

ToMoCo doesn't make a monitor for the blind crossing streets
This is a feature that is not available on the Land Cruise, neither are power rear seats, fold flat, power rear hatch, 20 inch rims, rear window shades and I'm sure there are more.
Old 05-31-14, 06:03 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

This is a feature that is not available on the Land Cruise, neither are power rear seats, fold flat, power rear hatch, 20 inch rims, rear window shades and I'm sure there are more.
Oh I know, was just making light of 'Blind Cross Alert'

Did you know BSM w/ CTA is not available on the '14 LX even

CT, LX and carry over IS C and IS F are the only ones missing that feature
Old 05-31-14, 06:30 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Oh I know, was just making light of 'Blind Cross Alert'

Did you know BSM w/ CTA is not available on the '14 LX even

CT, LX and carry over IS C and IS F are the only ones missing that feature
I didn't know the CT and IS did not offer it. I knew the LX did not have it. There really is no excuse, Toyota added it to the Sequoia mid cycle.

Don't get me wrong, there are a number of wonderful things about a LC but a lot of it it is marketing that appeals to fan boys and such.

Nobody would argue that an LX is not a luxury SUV compared to the Sequoia, but if one looks all the stats, features and such, the Sequoia can do as much and then more than the LX. Same thing with telhe LC. This is what drives me nuts about LC fan boys.

Last edited by Toys4RJill; 05-31-14 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-02-14, 03:27 PM
jsl757
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Interesting points to both sides. I actually bought a new Land Cruiser two weeks ago and the only other vehicle I cross-shopped it with was a Sequoia Limited (wanted a 2nd row bench and the Platinum only comes with captain chairs).

I found it interesting that certain features are only available on the Sequoia (like a blu-ray player or the LC having only one cd/dvd slot) even though the LC is the top of the market for Toyota. The manual folding seats aren't an issue for me but the lack of a power tailgate seems questionable for such an expensive vehicle.

While the Sequoia is an awesome truck, the overall quality of the LC far exceeds the Sequoia in almost every aspect especially the interior. But this upgrade should really be a given since the LC is around $20k more than the larger Sequoia.

A lot of LC buyers use their vehicles as they were intended an will occasionally go off-road or drive in the snow and in those cases the LC is more capable than the Sequoia. I probably won't ever do that but the higher towing capacity of the LC (8,500lbs vs 7,100lbs) sold me which I use about once a month.

With the refresh made 2013 the LC is closing the gap compared to newer higher-end trucks and now has HIDs, LED running lights and radar cruise control standard but the overall package is still a little dated.

While my time with the truck has been short, I really like it and I hope Toyota builds a high-end 300 series but hopefully something with slightly better gas-mileage.
Old 09-03-14, 07:56 AM
flyfishman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Whatever dude, keep drinking the Land Cruiser kool-aid.

The Sequoia debited with a number of features unavailable on the Land Cruiser:

Cool seats
Lexus type AVS suspension
Radar cruise
Height adjustable lights
Modem rear hatch that is powered
IRS
Thicker frame
A more advanced 4WD
And there are more...

Both are great vehicles that do some things well and some not so well. The whole LC thing is B.S. IMO, it is an inferior design compared to the American sized Sequoia.

Sure the LC has a lovely interior , but the Sequoia platinum interior also does exactly what it supposed to do. It has all the modern features just like the LC

Where is the blind cross alert on LC?
The 2013-4 LC has many of these features (radar cruise, adjustable lights, cooled seats). Need evidence for thicker frame and 4WD on the SQ (sounds like BS to me). SQ and LC have totally different design purposes - LC is an international platform and designed for longevity (25 years) in the harshest of conditions - the SQ is an American vehicle designed to compete with other people haulers like the Tahoe, Expy, etc and to be traded every 5-6 years. The 200 also has surround cameras, KDSS, etc. and is smaller than the SQ, which is a wonderful thing when you leave the pavement. The split tailgate is iconic and wonderful for camping and tailgating.