Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Two new ads from Lexus - F marque and GS "Hypnotize"

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-14, 07:42 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Was the first couple presumed married?

And an implied threesome!

Scandalous!!
Old 04-08-14, 10:52 PM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL @ that Hypnotize advertisement.

With that said, I don't think they can air such a commercial outside of the United States haha
Old 04-09-14, 02:28 AM
LexFather

It must be aired quite a bit as I've seen it more than a couple times and friends have mentioned the ad.

Old 04-09-14, 11:45 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Some more info via Lexus Pressroom

http://pressroom.lexus.com/releases/...+alter+ego.htm

Lexus Tempts Consumers with Alter Ego

Automaker’s F performance marque highlighted in new marketing campaign

April 07, 2014

TORRANCE, Calif. (April 7, 2014) — To tout its performance-focused F lineup (#LexusF), today Lexus launches a new marketing campaign that highlights a bold side of the brand. The TV spot features the exhilarating new RC F, the powerful LFA, the striking IS F SPORT and the fierce GS F SPORT. Like the spirit of these four vehicles, the spot emboldens consumers to indulge their desires.

“Lexus has a provocative new attitude that is represented particularly well by the F line of vehicles,” said Brian Smith, Lexus vice president of marketing. “This stylized spot showcases the performance-driven arm of the brand while introducing consumers to a different side of Lexus.”

The new general market spot, “Temptation,” utilizes a rich color palette and a series of emotion-driven vignettes. The look and feel of the ad is a continuation of Lexus’ design direction and celebrates the alter ego of the iconic luxury brand.

The spot begins with a couple kissing against a wall of an empty alley in the pouring rain. The man’s gaze catches a blue RC F poised to take off at the other end of the alley. His eyes change in this moment of longing as the voiceover states, “F provokes lust.”

Next, a gray GS F SPORT pulls up in front of a hotel valet stand. The driver tosses his keys confidently to the valet and walks into the building with an attractive woman on his arm; the voiceover says, “Elicits pride.”

The spot then cuts to a limo carrying a group of partygoers. One of the men inside catches a glimpse of a yellow LFA pulling up next to them. His face drops, wishing he were the driver of the supercar instead of a passenger in the limo. The voiceover states, “Incites envy,” as the LFA blasts away.

The final story shows a man sitting impatiently behind the wheel of a white IS F SPORT at a railroad crossing as a long, slow train rumbles by. He grows agitated as he waits to peel away; the voiceover says, “and unleashes wrath.” As the train clears and the gate arm lifts, the tires spin and he tears down the open road. All four vehicles pull into an empty parking garage, and the final voiceover states, “Temptation comes in many heart-pounding forms. But only one letter: F. The performance marque from Lexus.”

The spot begins airing today during primetime, late night, cable programs and network and cable sports. Additional sports packages include multichannel advertising with NHL on NBC Sports/NHL Network and NCAA basketball on CBS.

Supporting print, digital and out-of-home campaign elements also focus on performance while bringing meaning to “F.” The print campaign will be featured in titles such as Sports Illustrated, Vogue and Motor Trend, along with a VIP Coachella event partnership planned with Details. In addition to heavy digital presence through paid media and high-traffic websites, online content partnerships include an MSN video series exploring what makes a man push the limits of extreme performance, and a Motor Trend branded-content series answering the question, “What is Lexus F?” Key out-of-home elements include full-motion video boards at DC Gallery Place and digital boards in New York City’s Times Square. Additionally, creative elements will run in MLB, MLS, NBA and NHL stadiums across 10 Lexus markets with a PA announcement, video board presence and dynamic signage during a break in action.

Additional marketing components will follow in the coming weeks as well. Visit youtube.com/Lexus to view the spot.

via TeamOne

Also, here is the other video..

Lexus GS Hypnotize Commercial - Behind The Scenes

enjoy,

~ Joe Z
Old 04-09-14, 12:20 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

love both commercials a lot, but i like the hypnotize one more
Old 04-09-14, 01:36 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

the hypnotize one is great, the F one is poorly done. I don't like that people will associate real Fs and F sports even more now. I understand that they are using F to sell the f sports. It also looked poorly made and dated
Old 04-09-14, 03:21 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A shame that most of you completely lost the meaning behind the two people making out.

Both of these commercials are awesome and it's good to see them finally attacking them head on. GS sales are up significantly this year and these ads will only help.
Old 04-09-14, 03:52 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Sadly we don't hear a word about GS450h, as if that car does not even exist...... I have a feeling that Lexus will eventually drop the 450h GS. They might bring the 300h instead?
Old 04-09-14, 03:59 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SNiiP3R
Sadly we don't hear a word about GS450h, as if that car does not even exist...... I have a feeling that Lexus will eventually drop the 450h GS. They might bring the 300h instead?
Funny you mention this. I was having a conversation last week regarding this (I've been adament about leasing one ever since my week with a white/black 450h) and the GS450h's future does seem bleak according to source. Far to early to tell what will happen with the GS though as we don't know if 15 or 16 will be the refresh which may or may not include new powertrains, tech/navi etc..
Old 04-09-14, 04:00 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 450h is aging technology.

I do feel that ToMoCo has the potential to bring in another more advanced (higher hp, better mpg, or both) V6 + hybrid powertrain in the future.

Or perhaps an all-electric GS?
Old 04-09-14, 04:09 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
The 450h is aging technology.

I do feel that ToMoCo has the potential to bring in another more advanced (higher hp, better mpg, or both) V6 + hybrid powertrain in the future.

Or perhaps an all-electric GS?
Sure it's aging, but despite its paper stats not matching new competitors, those numbers are very close to real world whereas the competitors often come up short.

As it stands, the biggest problem for the GS450h other than it's price was the lack of advertising for such a great vehicle. Lexus debuted it, then silently ushered it to the back of the stable.

It's such a joy of a car, I can't rave enough about it . A new GSh with 400 total system hp and available AWD via electric motors would have my interest
Old 04-09-14, 04:14 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 84Cressida
A shame that most of you completely lost the meaning behind the two people making out.

Both of these commercials are awesome and it's good to see them finally attacking them head on. GS sales are up significantly this year and these ads will only help.
Didn't miss it just wasn't a huge fan.. Didn't like seeing Al Gore slob down his wife either

Old 04-09-14, 04:41 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Hypnotize is great but the F commercial is just sad
No ISF
great to see the retire LFA
RCF 1st appearance is always a pleasure
IS & GS sport should have their own commercial with the LS
Old 04-09-14, 04:44 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by 84Cressida

It was a French Connection... LoL

~ Joe Z