Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Official: Cadillac Elmiraj Concept

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-13, 02:58 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

The Ciel Concept a couple of years back was far more futuristic and conceptually styled. This thing looks much closer to a street car.
Old 08-19-13, 05:20 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The Ciel Concept a couple of years back was far more futuristic and conceptually styled. This thing looks much closer to a street car.
not a bad thing...

But goodness, Cadillac would have a huge following on their hands if the Ciel, Elmiraj and Sixteen concepts came to fruition. BRING THEM PLEASE!!
Old 08-19-13, 10:38 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

stunning. hope something similar makes it to market and it isn't just another wasted 'concept'.
Old 08-20-13, 07:07 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cadillac Elmiraj could be headed for production - report

Could arrive after the flagship sedan is launched

The senior vice president of Cadillac has revealed the Elmiraj concept could be approved for production.

Speaking to Automotive News, Bob Ferguson said the Elmiraj is "very doable" and "dealers really want a vehicle like this." He went on to say, "This car is marketable. It's practical enough to be put through the production process."
As a refresher, the Elmiraj is a "grand coupe" that draws inspiration from the 1967 Eldorado. It features elegant styling and a twin-turbo 4.5-liter V8 engine that develops approximately 500 bhp (373 kW) and 500 lb-ft (678 Nm) of torque.

If the model is approved for production, it will likely arrive sometime after the company's flagship sedan in launched in 2015.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/11308196...ction---report
Old 08-20-13, 07:50 PM
Hoovey689

^^ let's hope it's approved. That thing is a grand slam in my book
Old 08-20-13, 09:39 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
^^ let's hope it's approved. That thing is a grand slam in my book
My book too. Such presence.

Would rather have this over the Benz S class coupe.

Go Caddy.

I recently had a CTS-V for the weekend, and OMG! what an engine and chassis. Wolf in sheep's clothing. Didn't love the interior, but the mechanical hardware is impressive. Caddy's come a longgggg way.
Old 08-20-13, 09:50 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

WOW !!! I havent seen these images. I am blown away. What a huge jump for Cadillac. I am praying they will bring this thing to market soon. If they want to hit the world stage and make a come back they will need designs like this
Old 08-20-13, 11:47 PM
jwong77
Pole Position

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

^^Agreed, that rear 3/4 shot is straight magic.
Old 08-21-13, 01:39 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

such a bad *** coupe
Old 01-21-14, 02:07 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Elmiraj Poised to Become Cadillac’s Flagship

“Does Cadillac need a halo car?”

That’s the question AutoGuide posed to Bob Ferguson, the brand’s Vice President of global operations, in a quiet room behind the automaker’s stand at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this week.

While not verifying as much, his answer boils down to a yes. And that halo car is the Elmiraj, a stunning and powerful coupe that will give Cadillac yet another true rival to European luxury brands.

What he actually said was slightly (but only slightly) less certain, answering the question with another question.

“Would you consider the Elmiraj a halo car,” he said?

It’s no R8, but there’s a distinct sense that Cadillac isn’t interested in that sort of performance-first attitude that helped change perceptions of Audi.

Instead it appears Cadillac wants to keep an important focus on luxury and not be drawn into the trap of building another XLR, a car that was not very good (in part) because it had to play second-fiddle to the Corvette.

So is that the reason mid-engined exotics don’t seem to be in the Cadillac product lineup? Perhaps it is, though not according to Ferguson. “I don’t feel constrained by the Corvette,” he says.

Instead the Elmiraj is the future of Cadillac. “We are constantly looking at ways we can build the Cadillac brand and the concept car Elmiraj is an example of that,” he said.

“I don’t think we should make concepts just for concepts. That seems wasteful to me,” Ferguson continued. “We should make concept cars with the idea of what’s really going to translate into the marketplace.”

The car, he expects, will poll well with focus groups and has already caught the attention of the media. And Cadillac knows it. It’s been out for months already and yet it resides in a prominent position at the brand’s booth at every major auto show.

“I have a lot of enthusiasm for the Elmiraj,” he continues. “I’d love for us to have a high-end vehicle like that in the Cadillac lineup.” And he isn’t alone. “There’s a lot of enthusiasm for it among the GM executives,” he reveals.

And no doubt Cadillac will. And when it does arrive look for big power levels like those boasted about in the concept car’s press release. While details of a twin-turbo 4.5-liter V8 making around 500 hp sound too good to be true, such an engine is reportedly based off the current twin-turbo V6 in the CTS Vsport. Already on sale, that car makes 420 hp.

Ferguson gushes over that engine, yet he admits that while “it supplies plenty of power for most consumers,” there’s a strong argument to be made for even more.

“Performance gives us credibility with a younger audience,” he says. And besides, “I’d like to have a V8…” he continues, before a lengthy pause, “if we went to market with something like the Elmiraj.”
http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...-halo-car.html
Old 01-21-14, 04:46 PM
Hoovey689

Elmiraj Poised to Become Cadillac’s Flagship
Thank you Cadillac!

Old 01-22-14, 09:55 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Cadillac Elmiraj sedan RWD flagship finally caught testing

Click here to view photo gallery

While we still have no insight as to it being named Elmiraj, STS or some other permutation of the –TS nomenclature ("LTS" has apparently been registered by GM, as well), new spy shots give us proof positive that Cadillac is indeed hard at work on a rear-wheel-drive flagship model. Spied for the very first time in some north country testing, these shots provide a first look at the upcoming range-topper from Cadillac.

Impressively long and large bodywork ride atop new General Motors' corporate Omega rear-drive architecture here. Heavy cladding over camouflage may discourage finding any details, but the overall, sharp-edged and blocky design is clearly reminiscent of what we've seen on the new CTS and the recently debuted ATS coupe. A strong, wheels-at-each-corner stance helps emphasize the length of this stretched Caddy, and everything about the proportions seem spot-on for a new fullsize flagship for the brand.

It's quite possible that Cadillac will ultimately festoon this large sedan with detailing reminiscent of the original Elmiraj coupe, though thus far we've only seen prototypes wearing four-doors.

Cadillac has been dropping turbocharged engines all over its range, like the 410-horsepower, 3.6-liter V6 found in the XTS and CTS. We have no clue as to what mill might currently live under that broad hood, but anything from that potent V6 to any number of the company's updated V8 range would be appropriate for taking on the likes of the BMW 7 Series and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. We do expect a production version of this car to hit dealers for the 2016 model year.

Does this first glimpse of the Elmiraj sedan/Cadillac flagship get your motor running? Tell us what you think, in Comments.
http://www.autoblog.com/2014/01/22/c...hip-spy-shots/
Old 01-22-14, 09:58 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!
Old 01-22-14, 10:49 AM
TangoRed
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

This will be interesting. Bring it on Caddy! They better not let Team USA down.
Old 01-22-14, 10:54 AM
doge
Formerly Bad Co

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is fantastic, if they keep it looking this way and don't water it down Cadillac should have a real winner. Judging by how good of a car the new CTS is this should be a winner.

Quick Reply: Official: Cadillac Elmiraj Concept