Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: What do you think about the new TLX?
I like it; I think it looks great.
36.36%
I hate it; it looks bland, boring, and ugly.
14.77%
I have mix feelings / It is just ok at best.
48.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

2015 Acura TLX Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-14, 11:58 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 580 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Not bad at all. I assume you can pass the 400 mile cruising range then?

The last few months I've been between 24.5-25.3 60/40 driving and 375-390 mile range.
Yeah, I can get past 400, but on long trips I usually fill up when I have a quarter tank or so left.
Old 08-16-14, 09:29 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ClassicSC3
Consensus is in guys and the consensus is not a split decision by any means. It is a proverbial homerun, good on you Acura. I didn't like the TL really ever cause I saw the Accord as too viable of an alternative especially in the Autotragic V6 and I didn't like TSX cause it was too slow with pokey non-sport transmission but this beast TLX with PAWS and if you want to pay more, SH-AWD but the standard stuff is there like the JEWEL LED headlights and the standard LED tail lights. This package can be had with the mighty DUAL CLUTCH-style tranny with torque converter! WOW! This could cannibalize Accord EX-L and even their Hybrid(I know, different goals but for those on the fence). Acura had to style it nicely cause these hybrids are now catching up in styling, take for example the 15 Camry Hybrid or even the Accord hybrid, so guys, we should enjoy this design. You hear me?!
whoa there fella
Old 08-16-14, 12:10 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by yardie876
I got to 295 cursing range in my 4GS
i've not met anyone who curses for 4 hours while driving any car.
Old 08-16-14, 02:38 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
two words; Turrets Syndrome
Old 08-16-14, 02:40 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by hoovey2411
two words; turrets syndrome :d
@$?#%+× !!
Old 08-16-14, 03:22 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

You should have heard me in the XTS.

(just kidding).
Old 08-16-14, 05:39 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 Acura TLX Marketing Campaign Is Acura's Biggest Ever

Just the Facts:
  • The 2015 Acura TLX luxury sedan is the focus of the brand's biggest marketing campaign ever, as American Honda attempts to unseat some tough rivals.
  • The Sid Vicious cover of the Frank Sinatra standard "My Way" sets the tone for the new campaign.
  • "The scale of the marketing effort behind the launch signifies the importance of the model both to the brand and its position within the luxury sedan market," said Michael Accavitti, Acura senior vice president and general manager.

TORRANCE, California — The 2015 Acura TLX luxury sedan is the focus of the brand's biggest marketing campaign ever, as American Honda attempts to unseat some tough rivals.

The Sid Vicious cover of the Frank Sinatra standard "My Way" sets the tone for the new campaign.

"The scale of the marketing effort behind the launch signifies the importance of the model both to the brand and its position within the luxury sedan market," said Michael Accavitti, Acura senior vice president and general manager, in a statement on Monday.

The TLX, which replaces the Acura TL and TSX, is on sale now. It targets such heavy hitters as the BMW 5 Series, Infiniti Q50 and Lincoln MKZ.

The TLX marketing offensive includes a unique Twitter Cards initiative that will allow consumers to design a car directly within a Tweet. A TLX Facebook campaign kicks off in early September.

The campaign focuses on specific TLX product highlights, including Siri Eyes Free voice-command capability, Precision All-Wheel Steer and Super Handling All-Wheel Drive or SH-AWD. The car's sporty performance is also central to the marketing effort.

Honda turned to its engineers and developers at its R&D and manufacturing facilities for the TLX campaign.

"We built this one for us," is one of the rallying cries of the campaign.

The campaign launches on August 17 on more than 25 cable networks. The TLX will be featured on ESPN's SportsCenter with a month-long sponsorship of top college football highlights.

Edmunds says: Car shoppers need to be educated about the newest member of the Acura stable. Honda is using everything from punk rock to serious engineers to get out the message.
http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/2015...gest-ever.html
Old 08-16-14, 05:41 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

LOL well now you #@%&*@# have.
Old 08-16-14, 06:36 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default American Honda Sure Could Use A Hit Vehicle; Is it Acura TLX?

American Honda could use a jolt, as sales of both Honda and Acura brands have suffered this year even amid a continued boom in the U.S. car market. Mike Accavitti hopes that jolt will come in the form of the all-new Acura TLX luxury-performance sedan that the Honda-owned premium brand will begin advertising next week and start selling in September.

Honda sales declined by 1 percent through June in the United States in a pretty robust market where major competitors continue to thrive. Honda has a relatively aged fleet and no huge product launches this year. So among other things, the brand is making a bigger deal of summertime clearance sales than many rivals and just completed a fun social-media based model-closeout campaign, “Cheerance,” last week.

“Last year we had the best summer event and July on record for the brand,” Susie Rossick, senior manager for American Honda, told me. “So we’ve had success with this emphasis.”

But Acura’s TLX looks like a much better bet to make a material difference to the company’s sales this year. Acura sales were down by 2 percent in the first half and plunged by 21 percent in June alone compared with a year earlier. For this disappointing turn, Accavitti — who recently became chief of the Acura brand as American Honda split its management from that of the Honda brand in the U.S. — blamed the phase-out of the TL and TSX models that TLX is replacing as well as the fact that the launch of the new sedan has been delayed a few months.

Now, he told automotive journalists, the aim of introducing the all-new TLX is nothing less than restoring Acura’s once-respectable place in the luxury-sedan segment as it joins the flagship new RLX sedan that was introduced last year. He’s putting Acura’s biggest-ever marketing campaign behind the TLX launch.

“It’s going to get us back into the the mid-size performance sedan market,” Accavitti said. The quality and technology in the vehicle including advanced handling aids, as well as the unprecedented marketing outlays, he said, indicate that “we’re turning our attention to sedans” while the brand’s MDX crossover continues to outsell all other Acura vehicles combined.

In fact, Accavitti would love to see TLX duplicate the success of MDX. Sales of the crossover so far this year are 55 percent ahead of the version it replaced last year, he said. And so far, Accavitti reported, Acura has fielded 40,000 “handraisers” who “actually want to be contacted by dealers” once TLX is available.

“That’s twice what we had for MDX,” he said. “So we’re anticipating fantastic [sales] results” for TLX.

Analysts say that Honda’s future-product pipeline may be somewhat more robust than the industry average, reportedly including a new version of the Honda Pilot large SUV for 2016 and a major overhaul of the Odyssey minivan for 2017.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/dalebuss...-it-acura-tlx/
Old 08-16-14, 08:53 PM
Hoovey689

This is aggressively packaged. Hope it does something for Acura.
Old 08-17-14, 08:23 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

saw one on the streets the other day. I think it looks great! Might have gotten it if it was out when i got my 3is
Old 08-17-14, 10:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
two words; Turrets Syndrome
how's that spellcheck workin' for ya? think you meant tourette syndrome.

Turrets are on the top of tanks and buildings.
Old 08-18-14, 12:37 AM
Hoovey689

how's that spellcheck workin' for ya? think you meant tourette syndrome.

Turrets are on the top of tanks and buildings.
Work Internet browser doesn't have one
Old 08-18-14, 01:02 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

For an extra $4k I rather get this than the ILX.
Old 08-18-14, 01:15 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Here is what Car & Driver said about the TLX after their First Drive:

2015 Acura TLX

"With clever engineering and right-size packaging, the fun-to-drive TLX just might signal a revival at Acura."

Quick Reply: 2015 Acura TLX Discussion