Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

NX to debut at Geneva 2014

Old 04-14-13, 09:51 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Blueprint
NX was the leading name since Mazda uses CX and Lexus wasn't going to use it though it would have been ideal.... said this a long time ago
But Mazda also uses RX for the RX-8 for instance. I still think that CX works better than NX- With the CX we can relate it to the CT (compact) as we do with the GS, GX, LS, LX.
Old 04-14-13, 10:53 AM
Outrage
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping for a new NX:

Old 04-14-13, 01:56 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by asoksevil
But Mazda also uses RX for the RX-8 for instance. I still think that CX works better than NX- With the CX we can relate it to the CT (compact) as we do with the GS, GX, LS, LX.
I assume b/c RX-7 was dead by the time the RX 300 came out and its a sports car not a SUV. The CX from Mazda are SUVS so a CX Lexus likely would cause confusion (and maybe a lawsuit).

Old 04-15-13, 04:15 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I think they waited until the new RAV4 was built so they could use that platform. They use crossover platforms for almost every model they make. Smart business one frame several models. I test drove the new RAV4 its got a very lame interior and its very bland to drive.
They need to fix those two things or forget about it. I'm quite confident they will. Give us a hybrid too. That and give the Lexus model substantially more hp/tq. Fix the ride by adding much better suspension parts.
Lexus will never compete in HP wars because things are trending the opposite way. They are making it harder and harder to do it anyway -government. Their expertise is in hybrid technology.

I'm not sure they are late either just waiting to get things lined up to build 'em.
Old 04-15-13, 06:07 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom59
I think they waited until the new RAV4 was built so they could use that platform. They use crossover platforms for almost every model they make. Smart business one frame several models. I test drove the new RAV4 its got a very lame interior and its very bland to drive.
They need to fix those two things or forget about it. I'm quite confident they will. Give us a hybrid too. That and give the Lexus model substantially more hp/tq. Fix the ride by adding much better suspension parts.
Lexus will never compete in HP wars because things are trending the opposite way. They are making it harder and harder to do it anyway -government. Their expertise is in hybrid technology.

I'm not sure they are late either just waiting to get things lined up to build 'em.
they did wait for next.generation Rav4 platform, it was stated by Lexus Europe president 2 years ago or so...
Old 04-16-13, 12:55 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Default NX to debut at Shanghai Auto Show?

Lexus will present Chinese consumers with multiple highlights at the upcoming Auto Shanghai 2013.
  • Official launch of Lexus new generation IS in China
  • Global premiere of an all-new hybrid model
  • China debut of a futuristic concept model LF-CC
IS - the absolute choice in dynamic being
Since its inception, the IS series has been committed to providing the maximum joy of driving among its class. The new generation IS gives full play to the sporty attributes of the line, and features an LFA-inspired design, innovative spindle grille and driver-oriented cockpit, bringing an outstanding sense of dynamism. The optimized body rigidity, suspension and steering system further improve the stability, comfort and agility of the car, providing dynamic handling and a liberated driving experience. The unique multiple driving modes create even more fun. Meanwhile, the improved integrated safety system and the latest pop-up engine hood bring safety to the driver and pedestrians in all aspects, which demonstrate Lexus’ foremost human-oriented technology.

Leading-edge hybrid technology
In addition, an all-new model showcasing Lexus’ latest hybrid technology will make its world debut at Auto Shanghai 2013. It successfully integrates forward-looking environmental protection concepts with a joyful driving experience, and will diversify Lexus’ hybrid line-up.

Inspiring the future
In addition to mass production models, the new concept model LF-CC will also make its China debut at the show. The model integrates Lexus’ signature spindle grille front face with a futuristic exterior design, bringing a high-tech sense of style. Meanwhile, inspired by the concept model LF-LC, the LF-CC creates an unparalleled driving atmosphere with the use of futuristic elements. The all-new and highly efficient 2.5L hybrid system can ensure an excellent and environmentally friendly driving performance while reducing CO2 emissions to lower than 100g/km, picturing a stylish future with its forward-looking hybrid technology.

Lexus China cordially invites you to visit its booth in Hall E6 at the Shanghai New International Expo Center from April 20 to 29 to experience its brand new product lineup and the unique charm of the Lexus brand.

For more information, please visit Lexus China’s official Weibo: www.weibo.com/lexuscn and t.qq.com/LEXUS_20132012.
Old 04-16-13, 06:45 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I first thought CT refresh, but that is not "all new". It's not clear if this hybrid will be a production model or a concept either.

NX is the only logical thing I can conceive. Concept at Shanghai, production at Geneva '14?
Old 04-16-13, 07:47 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I first thought CT refresh, but that is not "all new". It's not clear if this hybrid will be a production model or a concept either.

NX is the only logical thing I can conceive. Concept at Shanghai, production at Geneva '14?
But if we take a look at Lexus China's website... It seems to be an GS:

The GS300h?
Old 04-16-13, 07:57 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

yeahm its GS300h.... I am surprised GS doesnt get "full" spingle like LS for 2014.... i guess thats for MY2015 then.
Old 05-05-13, 11:15 AM
rogerh00
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Can't wait for the NX. Concept reveal not til November and production model not til Geneva in March 2014? Why are they taking so long on this?
Old 05-05-13, 06:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rogerh00
Can't wait for the NX. Concept reveal not til November and production model not til Geneva in March 2014? Why are they taking so long on this?
Lexus and the other Asian luxury marques seem fully content to move slow as an iceberg while the Germans eat their lunch and debut new models every week.

Old 05-06-13, 05:55 AM
Tom59
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

............. so one year from now. They seem to release these in June to most of the country California a month or so early. I'm super interested AWD hybrid 200 ponies -35-40mpg....call me !! .
Old 05-13-13, 07:33 PM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would not buy an Nx if all they can offer is 200 hp. No reason to step down from my RX 270hp for it. :-/
Old 05-14-13, 07:51 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Whitigir
I would not buy an Nx if all they can offer is 200 hp. No reason to step down from my RX 270hp for it. :-/
LOL, drag race in your RX often?
Old 05-14-13, 11:58 AM
Whitigir
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bagwell
LOL, drag race in your RX often?
Lol...No. Though, the RX350 is very impressive on their power, regarding 270 HP with 5300lbs body weight.

It does 0-60 within 8-9 seconds depending on various situation. But that is very fast. Have you seen the FRS with 200 HP ? 2800 lbs ? They do 0-60 in 10-11 seconds LOL....what a shame. I can't imagine the NX having that weak number to it.

The point in a fast car = Ramp out the Exit into the Highway like a champ. Passing Power ? We all need that

I am waiting for the NX to come, and if it disappointing me, I am going for the Q3 RS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NX to debut at Geneva 2014