Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-13, 08:33 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't really know what to say, like a lot and dislike a lot, need to see it in person for final judgement...( btw feel the same way about the 2014 IS )
Old 01-14-13, 09:21 PM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This car is gorgeous. I would definitely pick this over a viper, love the stingray look
Old 01-14-13, 11:30 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Car looks great to me in most shots, the rear quarter shots are the best to me and it has a exotic look especially with the detailing behind the front tire and the lower door area. Front end is decent but I think its weakest point. With some extra skirting and detailing in the nose and it being lowered the Z06 and ZR1 are going to look insane. Interior looks good, highly improved but still does not look as sophisticated or on the level of a R8, Ferrari, or 911. Hopefully they keep the price in check, I think my dad is going to get a Corvette for his next car.
Old 01-16-13, 08:16 AM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A rendering posted on our FB page. We are really big fans of it and it might be the next Vossen Project Car

Old 01-16-13, 08:24 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Vossen
A rendering posted on our FB page. We are really big fans of it and it might be the next Vossen Project Car

daaaaaayyyyyyyyaaaaammmmmnnnnnnn
Attached Thumbnails C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread-capture.jpg  
Old 01-16-13, 08:36 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

these have the rear diffuser body colored....

with round tails....

Old 01-16-13, 08:55 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,360 Posts

wow, those (factory?) rims and setup look PERFECT

Old 01-16-13, 10:07 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

For the last couple of decades or so, every time we get a all-new 'Vette, there's always a ton of rumors in the auto press (and some from GM itself) about it being a mid-engine version. And each time it's unveiled, we just get another conventional RWD one. I wish GM would be candid and just simply say, once and for all, whether they are actually going to do a mid-engine 'Vette or not, and keep the press from endlessly speculating. It reminds me, to some extent, of the endless speculation we had for years on the next Acura NSX.

Not necessarily, though, that I would want a mid-engine 'Vette myself. I've samped a number of mid-engine cars short of the exotic (Ferrari/Lambo) class, and have generally found them to be twitchy, unstable, too-quick steering, and sometimes difficult, especially in crosswinds, to keep a straight true course on the Interstate....though they can be a blast on winding roads. But my own personal feelings about mid-engine cars, for the purposes of this thread, aren't really the issue. GM owes it to the auto press and the Corvette faithful (not necessarily to me) to say, once and for all, yes or no to a mid-engine 'Vette. The official excuse, BTW, for dumping a mid-engine design on the last 'Vette was GM's impending bankrupcy and a lack of funds. That is certainly not the case today, though.

Last edited by mmarshall; 01-16-13 at 10:11 AM.
Old 01-16-13, 10:45 AM
edgeucated
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe they are never going to announce a definite answer to keep sales up.

If there is a mid engine one, people might wait for that one to come out and not buy the current corvette; hurting sales.
If there isn't one, the announcement might dash the hopes of certain enthusiasts and drive them away.
Old 01-16-13, 10:53 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by mmarshall
For the last couple of decades or so, every time we get a all-new 'Vette, there's always a ton of rumors in the auto press (and some from GM itself) about it being a mid-engine version. And each time it's unveiled, we just get another conventional RWD one. I wish GM would be candid and just simply say, once and for all, whether they are actually going to do a mid-engine 'Vette or not, and keep the press from endlessly speculating. It reminds me, to some extent, of the endless speculation we had for years on the next Acura NSX.

Not necessarily, though, that I would want a mid-engine 'Vette myself. I've samped a number of mid-engine cars short of the exotic (Ferrari/Lambo) class, and have generally found them to be twitchy, unstable, too-quick steering, and sometimes difficult, especially in crosswinds, to keep a straight true course on the Interstate....though they can be a blast on winding roads. But my own personal feelings about mid-engine cars, for the purposes of this thread, aren't really the issue. GM owes it to the auto press and the Corvette faithful (not necessarily to me) to say, once and for all, yes or no to a mid-engine 'Vette. The official excuse, BTW, for dumping a mid-engine design on the last 'Vette was GM's impending bankrupcy and a lack of funds. That is certainly not the case today, though.
Nothing wrong with a big V8 up front and RWD

besides, leave the mid-engine to the upcoming Ford GT successor
Old 01-16-13, 11:43 AM
Diego@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

oh my!

Old 01-16-13, 12:20 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Diego@Vossen
oh my!

NICE!!!

Old 01-16-13, 04:27 PM
rotaryrock
Pole Position

Lightbulb Corvette Stingray CONVERTIBLE official pics leaked

Official pics leaked:

http://www.corvette7.com/?p=40

Looks pretty hot. Could take on the European exotic spyders I think.
Old 01-16-13, 05:47 PM
pman6
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

those are photoshops
Old 01-16-13, 06:13 PM
Nexson
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pman6
those are photoshops
It's actually the car. I dig it. http://www.freep.com/article/2013011...ackson-auction

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread