Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-14, 10:34 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Another two bite the dust, but honestly how could you go wrong with any one of those three.. oh wait you can't
Old 05-06-14, 01:33 PM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiter
Nothing I could call an issue. About three weeks into my ownership, the dealer acquired a flash upgrade to fix the dim DIC (drivers INFO Center), an upgrade for the HVAC, and something else I didn't even know needed an adjustment. Mine was the 1st the dealer handled with the flash. On the last day of the Bash (Saturday) I was at an 0800 owners question and answer seminar with the plant managers, and engineers and exec's from Flint MI. I casually mentioned I'd thought about bringing her in for a drivers door fitment adjustment. The plant manager immediately took me outside to find "Damian" who is in charge of fitment at the plant. I said it wasn't that bad, the car was tight, and the car didn't leak water so I ignored it. He wouldn't have it, got his tools and got to work adjusting the 'striker' on the drivers door. Here's a photo of him at the NCM doing warranty work on my car. Ever hear of another manufacturer doing that ??? I have nothing but awe for their dedication to making sure these cars are 'as right as humanly possible' to be.

I just came back to add a thought. Many of the things people complain about are legitimate, but from what I've seen in the service department where I bought mine the majority of complaints are like mine, just folks trying to think of something when you bring it in for an oil change and all you want to do is wait for it and get back to ripping asphalt. That being said, it is a 1st year production model and has had a few kinks on a very few individual cars. For the vast majority of those such as the ELSD issue early on, it was not a GM design failure or GM quality failure but the failure of a supplier (the ELSD) that sent units not thoroughly checked (prior to shipping to GM) but supposedly ready for the assy line install w/o having to open them up and check them. Those kinds of issues are embarrassing to GM but obviously an early catch and all reasonable efforts made to check all cars from then on for correct parts assy (especially if a sealed up unit like the ELSD). All delivered units were requested to be returned to dealer for a check up.
great post -- I'm glad to see some folks still take pride in their work!
Old 05-07-14, 11:31 AM
VtotheJ
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a member on that forum as well. That thread is no longer moderated well, it was originally created (if you read the 1st post) for strictly owners with issues or lack of understanding the GM reps could help with. Talon90 who created the thread and myself have both resigned as moderators due to disagreements on moderating. That board IMO leans too heavily toward letting anyone post anything (they make money on thread and post counts) rather than keeping the rules. If you were to do a post by post count (with research) since early last Feb on that thread you'd find probably 70+ % of the posts are from lurkers who just want to weigh in, have no problems and/or do not own a C7 so while it sounds staggering with that many pages it's actually very good for a 1st year model run car with all the equipment it has (and all new design) and all the performance offered for its price point.
I understand your argument but there are a plethora of issues that I couldn't help but point out. These issues should not occur on a brand new car, even the first model year. I may have exaggerated by saying "70+ pages of issues". I only went through 11 pages, and found this many issues. A bunch of posts were people saying "me too"...which means they affected more than a few Vettes. I could not imagine spending $60-70k only to find some of these issues.....Chevy needs to get their act together!

• Problem: Center touch screen Display flashes off and cuts out
  • my reverse camera stopped working
  • steering wheel controls stopped working after one day with car.dealer found 5 codes
  • It is a crap shoot when I get in my car whether my volume controls, favorite controls, and voice controls will work on the steering wheel.
  • Also they discovered that the torque tube is bent in the car
  • The center screen goes down and gets stuck going up
  • Getting intermittent drops of red, oily fluid drops on garage floor under right front wheel.
  • Last night as I was driving home the entire gauge cluster went black
  • while on track mode selection with rev matching on the car while running at 40 miles on a turn it went hey wire and locked all 4 wheels and jumped to a dead stop, a miracle the cars behind me did not crash on me, trans made horrific noise and start smelling.....also other electronic problems
  • The dealer said it's the differential......There have been several reports of C7's delivered without differential fluid.
  • Do I need to be afraid to take my wife for a ride on winding roads for fear the wheels will lock up at 80 mph? Crazy not acceptable. I'm becoming very frustrated. All I can say is be cautious guys. This is not a small issue.
Old 05-08-14, 07:34 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default "Ungrateful" Pattie Gets her Corvette Blown for her Birthday

With the tongue-in-cheek (pun intended) video title "GIRLFRIEND GETS BLOWN FOR HER BIRTHDAY", the woman you may remember as "ungrateful" Pattie for her seemingly indifferent facial expressions when her boyfriend gave her a brand-new 2015 Corvette Stingray Z56 last year, has returned for another round of YouTube-glory.

This time, Pattie's man (or so we're told in the video series) had her manual-gearbox Corvette Stingray supercharged to 794 rear-wheel horsepower as a birthday present.

Here’s the YouTube description of this Pattie episode:

"After Pattie's surprise delivery of the first 2014 Corvette Stingray to hit the streets in this area, most thought she was underwhelmed...and that there was simply no way to top the gift of a new Corvette. Well, they were wrong...on all accounts!

Thanks to Ron Mowen and the crew at Vengeance Racing, Pattie got the birthday present of a lifetime! VR put together one of the most powerful C7 builds to roll out their shop doors."
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/pat...n-for-her.html
Old 05-08-14, 10:24 AM
Hoovey689

She still doesnt seem very nice
Old 05-08-14, 11:14 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Corvette Sales Were Up 260 Percent In April

The C7 Corvette Stingray was in short supply with only a 27 day inventory on hand last month, and when you take a look at the sales figures, it’s not hard to see why. The new Corvette has been in high demand ever since it first went on sale in October and through the first four months of 2014, sales have been equally as strong.

In October 2013, Chevrolet dealerships moved 4,000 2014 Corvettes off their lots. You wouldn’t be blamed for tacking that impressive number up to it being the first month of availability, but April’s results weren’t far off of that, with 3,514 units sold. Compare that to April 2013, when Chevrolet sold only 974 Corvettes, a year over year monthly change of 260%.

As of April, total sales of the C7 Corvette in 2014 were 11,693 units, compared to 3,915 during the same period last year, an increase of 198.7%. While it’s obvious the C7 Corvette would be in high demand in its first full year of sales, part of the reason for the dramatic sales increase was the car’s impact on sales of the C6 Corvette. There is no telling how many potential C6 customers saw the C7 at the Detroit auto show in January and decided to hold out for the new model.

With the addition of the 2015 Corvette Z06 and Z06 Convertible to the lineup along with the 2015 Corvette Stingray, which will be offered with General Motors’ new eight-speed automatic transmission, sales of the seventh-generation of America’s sports car should remain strong.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/05/...cent-in-april/
Old 05-08-14, 12:36 PM
Hoovey689

260%
wow good for them
Old 05-09-14, 05:52 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Onboard A 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray At The Nürburgring: Video

Chevrolet may be pulling out of Europe but the brand’s star car, the Corvette Stingray, will be available to buyers across the pond as a niche offering. In the lead up to its arrival, Chevy engineers have been testing evaluation models on local roads and have even taken them to the Nürburgring on a number of occasions.

Chevy is yet to release official footage of the Corvette Stingray at the Nürburgring (or a lap time), but one of the evaluation models recently joined an event organizedby social driving club Gran Turismo Events and YouTube user Automotive Mike was able to take this video from the passenger seat.

Unfortunately, the driver of the Corvette Stingray didn’t take the car anywhere near its limits during the lap, as evidenced by the long lap time, but it’s still great to see America’s latest hero at the ‘Ring.
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...burgring-video
Old 05-09-14, 10:44 AM
Hoovey689

^ that was fun. Thanks VH

Nürburgring is on my bucket list
Old 05-10-14, 10:43 AM
Motor
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-11-14, 12:26 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
^ that was fun. Thanks VH

Nürburgring is on my bucket list
NP, anytime
Old 05-15-14, 02:29 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default 2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible Starts Up its Husky Supercharged V8

The more we see of the new Corvette Z06, the more we like it. Even the convertible version that made its debut at the New York auto show last month looks pretty spiffy, especially in this Blade Silver metallic hue that nicely contrasts against the gloss black spoiler kit and body trim.

The fact that GM promises no increase in weight or loss of structural rigidity over the fixed roof Z06 Corvette Stingray coupe only adds to its allure.

We don't know where this example was being delivered to (sales haven't began yet, nor has GM announced pricing), but it was being transferred to the truck by a Chevy employee who knew he was being filmed, so no throttle strokes folks, only the bubbling sounds of the 625+hp supercharged V8 a little over idle.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/05/201...starts-up.html
Old 05-19-14, 07:52 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default C6 ZR1 built as 2014

I'd take this with a grain of salt, someone is having some fun http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...ll-production/
Old 05-19-14, 08:04 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Its a first year model and there is a waiting list of like 4-6 months. You would have to be damn foolish to think you were going to get a problem free car.
Old 05-20-14, 06:15 AM
bagwell
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I'd take this with a grain of salt, someone is having some fun http://www.corvetteforum.com/article...ll-production/
0-60 mph time of 2.65 seconds and a quarter-mile time of 9.7 seconds at 140.2 mph
yep there's an update at the bottom....

Here’s what General Motors told GM Authority:

“ZR1 ended in 2013 model year. All of the tooling is gone, replaced when the plant was shut down for six months to prepare for the launch of the Stingray.”

Last edited by bagwell; 05-20-14 at 06:27 AM.

Quick Reply: C7 (2014+) Corvette Thread