Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Chinese clones

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-12, 10:29 AM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Even in China, nobody who can afford the real thing would pay any attention to the clones. Copycat manufacturers are almost never successful, and eventually disappear or get swallowed by a more legitimate company. Personally I am more concerned with the IP theft of more affordable devices, such as consumer electronics. These reach a much larger audience in China and consumers really need to be wary of those.

That said, some of the car clones (check for the ones that look absolutely identical) may actually be legitimately procured, past-generation designs...this does happen in China on a limited scale.
Old 08-19-12, 11:45 AM
StLucchese
Rookie

no offense here, not trying to divert the thread but did you hear about chinese establishing colonys here in america already? I couldnt find thepast article but the news reported current colonization in Nevada. However, i found this article about idaho

http://endoftheamericandream.com/arc...of-boise-idaho

this relating to the economy

http://economyincrisis.org/content/a...chinese-colony

China has been in the news for quite some time regarding purchasing small banks in the state of California. They are already opening up their finanical instiutions little by little across the U.S.. I understand what they are doing in the long run. Not good for the benefit of the U.S.

Just be aware, that China truely owns us whether we like it or not. It could be cars, electronics, etc...
Old 08-19-12, 12:33 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

typical pathetic Chinese auto makers. They are the scum of the earth. The lowest of the low. Shameless . What's upsetting is that their auto market is growing so fast that it is probably hurting some of the real companies that make the real cars
Old 08-19-12, 12:49 PM
SNiiP3R
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

What I dont understand is how those fakes make it to car shows and being displayed next to legitimate car companies ?
Old 08-19-12, 01:02 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
typical pathetic Chinese auto makers. They are the scum of the earth. The lowest of the low. Shameless . What's upsetting is that their auto market is growing so fast that it is probably hurting some of the real companies that make the real cars
Yes genius, and American companies that exploit labor in China and other countries are nice and peachy, right?

The West has been exploiting China for centuries. Now that China is starting to scratch the West's backs - they are the scum of the earth?
Old 08-19-12, 01:12 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
OP what is your question or observation surrounding these Chinese Clones? All you posted were pictures. Topic please. I feel its too vague and your thread will get closed because theres too many ways to look at this
Does he have to include a question or observation? He just felt like sharing info with others.
Yes topic is at the top it says clones. And the pictures are of just that.

I did not know the rules say you can not be vague, also i did not know the rules say your topic will be closed because theirs to many ways to look at it and people cant have their own opinions?

which are the so many ways to look at this? which are the so many ways to look at this in which is bad and against some rule?

OP is just sharing some pics and clearly titles the thread of what the pictures are of.

why do u have to be so lame ?

i think what u wrote is lame and un called for.
Old 08-19-12, 01:23 PM
ScDoinIt
Rookie

Originally Posted by StLucchese
no offense here, not trying to divert the thread but did you hear about chinese establishing colonys here in america already? I couldnt find thepast article but the news reported current colonization in Nevada. However, i found this article about idaho

China has been in the news for quite some time regarding purchasing small banks in the state of California. They are already opening up their finanical instiutions little by little across the U.S.. I understand what they are doing in the long run. Not good for the benefit of the U.S.

Just be aware, that China truely owns us whether we like it or not. It could be cars, electronics, etc...

yeah because the people who are running the government right now (bankers etc, u know illuminati and the other people with nwo agenda) have been selling us out plus bankrupting america at the same time thanks to the federal reserve and countless other crap they doing and been borrowing money from china big time. just go on youtube look it up, alot of info is their and u can see they will be showing you all facts nothing fake. if u cant accept proven shown facts but eat everything the american media feeds you then u surely are lost ..america and the government is not bad its just the people who are now in control and in power that have hijacked america is bad. im sure 99% people on here are sheeple so they will hate on this comment because they are ignorant and cant help but act like they know everything when they have done no research just only knowledge(false knowldege) they have is what the media etc tells to them which is lies with no proof of legitimacy but they just believe it because they are brainwashed. its the truth. anyone here who is awake then hello and u know what im talking about. didnt mean to write this up but saw this dudes comment and couldnt help but chime in.

Last edited by ScDoinIt; 08-19-12 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-19-12, 02:11 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

When my brother was in West Africa he saw a few of the X5 clones, he said they screamed of cheapness and will never make it to countries with crash test, he said the body panels flexed with a light touch, probably no real concern
Old 08-19-12, 06:55 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by StLucchese

I don't understand how people read a article and believe its real................ its probably by KKK. What in the world would people believe such nonsense.
Old 08-19-12, 07:10 PM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I can report that not even the Chinese drive these cars...Honestly, I don't see these cars at all. All I see here are Audis and Sciroccos.
Old 08-19-12, 11:30 PM
Tantrix
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow how sad.

you figure the chinese would have learned a thing or two by now.

the sad part is that they are only hurting themselves as a country. They produce junk that last for a few days, which in turn wastes all the earth's raw material while inducing all of its environmental pollution into their own air.

all of the wasted raw materials, all of the wasted cheap manpower and time. All of the self inflicted pollution to it's own people.

a long term net loss if you ask me.
Old 08-20-12, 12:46 AM
xsh0tya
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what it looks like these models and manufacturers have not hit the masses. Since no one has their price point off hand any of their features just seem like a what if.
Old 08-20-12, 06:47 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tantrix
wow how sad.

you figure the chinese would have learned a thing or two by now.

the sad part is that they are only hurting themselves as a country. They produce junk that last for a few days, which in turn wastes all the earth's raw material while inducing all of its environmental pollution into their own air.

all of the wasted raw materials, all of the wasted cheap manpower and time. All of the self inflicted pollution to it's own people.

a long term net loss if you ask me.
True.....very sad.

Lack of regulation, lack of enforcement, & weak punishment/fine is the result of clones, knock-off & low quality.

For those that doesn't know, most of these clones/knock off model never make to production.......only very low quantity was export to some third world country or very poor part of the country.

The general Chinese consumer was not dumb enough to get knock-off car. I see most are Audi & VW on the road.