Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

First Drive: 2013 Acura RDX

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-12, 01:55 PM
grabber2
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts

I like this RDX. I don't care if it have SH-AWD or e-AWD, its enough for most driving condition. I saw the new RDX & ILX in person and they actually look much better in real life. However, i don't like the layout of the interior. Same goes for the MDX, ILX, & TL.......

Just like like the sc430 where people always said it like like crap on picture. But on real life, they though its a different car when its in front of them.

Looks like Acura is coming back!!!
Old 07-19-12, 02:05 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by grabber2
I like this RDX. I don't care if it have SH-AWD or e-AWD, its enough for most driving condition. I saw the new RDX & ILX in person and they actually look much better in real life. However, i don't like the layout of the interior. Same goes for the MDX, ILX, & TL.......

Just like like the sc430 where people always said it like like crap on picture. But on real life, they though its a different car when its in front of them.

Looks like Acura is coming back!!!
Funny you should mention this. Last week a friend and I stopped into an Acura dealer while his Pilot was in for service next door at the Honda shop. We took a close look at the RDX and were both impressed. To me the interior looked better in person than the pics and everything was good quality. I like the fact that you can get the Technology Package in either FWD or AWD depending on your preference.

I sat in an ILX and liked it. I'm not a candidate for one but I could see how it would appeal to buyers. The sales rep said the MDX is selling very well, no surprise. He said the ILX is doing just OK. Most buyers will opt for the TSX since the price gap is so close.
Old 07-19-12, 02:23 PM
memasterac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This latest RDX looks quite nice and grabbed my attention. Maybe it's just OK looking but compares to the last one the difference is significant. I don't remember the last time I said good things about ACURA but I think this RDX will sell well. Alone with the new ILX (why ACURA gives such a weird name to a premium Civic is unknown… and it got me confused with the G37 IPL), these two new vehicles are the best looking ACURA ahead of the TSX. I believe ACURA finally gives in to design more generally acceptable vehicles.

Most RDX buyers are not interested in the SH-AWD than a plain AWD. A nicer looking, more utility, smooth driving, better mpg, and reasonably priced RDX look like what this RDX is going after. I hate to see they drop the standard HID and some high-tech features such like blind-spot warning system, adaptive cruise control, parking assist, lane-departure warning and rain-sensing windshield wipers are not even available. These should be on the optional features as on its many competitors.
Old 07-19-12, 02:23 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

My neighbor just bought a white RDX this week.I don't know if it's a '12 or '13,though.I'll have to take a closer look at it.
Old 07-19-12, 04:01 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

One of my staff just bought a 2013. He took me lunch in it and its a great vehicle. Lots of bells and whistles, nice design, and great pricing.
Old 04-04-14, 04:45 PM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Acura RDX Price Creeps up in 2015

The 2015 Acura RDX small crossover will be slightly more expensive for the 2015 model year.

Pricing starts at $35,790 inluding delivery for the base front-wheel drive model while that model with navigation comes at a 3,700 premim for $39,490. Opting for the all-wheel drive version will raise the price by $1,400. Compared to last year, the RDX is $375 more expensive to start.

The RDX carries forwad into the new model year without any substantial changes, but remains an esepcially important product to the brand. So far this year, it ranks as the company’s second-best seller behind the larger MDX crossover.