Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti's Emerg-E Supercar Concept Breaks Cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-12, 09:54 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hot!! Hopefully the LFA MKII is already in the works. The competitors don't stand still!
Old 02-26-12, 11:13 AM
Individual
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks really good! Looks European.
Old 02-26-12, 03:06 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
I have to say that I really hope Acura brings a kickass NSX and Infiniti brings some version of this car to market. LFA, NSX and an Infiniti sports car would go a long way towards elevating Japanese luxury and performance. This concept does look promising.
My feelings exactly. It's great to see all of Japan's big 3 showing their supercar credibility.
Old 02-26-12, 05:01 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

WOW!!!! I love that thing!!! Finally Nissan is getting back to some good stuff. I guess I'll be going back to Nissan/Infiniti if this car does come out and is under $100k, I really hope so because that concept looks amazing. Very excited about this, specially since today I drove my 300zx and now I see this
Old 02-26-12, 05:38 PM
LexFather

It makes the NSX look like a concept from the 1980s...

Old 02-27-12, 07:00 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

... It really doesn't. I know you don't like anything Acura but the new NSX is a great design in-itself and IMO, quite modern and fresh even when put up against the Infiniti. Although the thing that worries me about it is, it's 3 years off into the future, will its design stick or will they try to refresh it so that it will still feel brand new in 2015? I have a feeling that Infiniti will be able to get their supercar out a year or 2 before Honda.
Old 02-27-12, 07:05 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I always thought Infiniti should have taken the GTR. Nice to see them come out with something even better looking. Let's just hope the performance is there.
Old 02-27-12, 01:03 PM
pvmike1
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
It makes the NSX look like a concept from the 1980s...
Interestingly, the consensus on the NSX forums is that the Infiniti is the more modern design. Check out this thread with other comparison photos:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158294

I have to agree, I like the Infiniti design better.
Old 02-27-12, 05:21 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by pvmike1
Interestingly, the consensus on the NSX forums is that the Infiniti is the more modern design. Check out this thread with other comparison photos:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158294

I have to agree, I like the Infiniti design better.
If you just compare the sketches of both I like the Infiniti design more too but those sketches of the NSX are absolutely horrible and do the actual concept car no justice. When I first saw those sketches I thought they totally screwed up the design but then when you see the real thing it looks much better, almost like a different car then the sketches. There is no way that roofline, those pillars and radical design elements especially behind the driver/passenger on the Infiniti Emerg-E could make it to a production car.

The Esssence was a great design too and looked much closer to production, it is a shame they did not build it especially after all the buzz it generated and favorable responses.

If Nissan/Infiniti builds this car and has it along with the 370Z and GTR they get huge respect from me and are definitely the dominant Japanese sports car builder
Old 02-27-12, 05:36 PM
speedflex
Lexus Champion

For some reason I see Camaro in the rear treatment on the NSX.
Old 02-27-12, 06:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mordecai
... It really doesn't. I know you don't like anything Acura but the new NSX is a great design in-itself and IMO, quite modern and fresh even when put up against the Infiniti. Although the thing that worries me about it is, it's 3 years off into the future, will its design stick or will they try to refresh it so that it will still feel brand new in 2015? I have a feeling that Infiniti will be able to get their supercar out a year or 2 before Honda.

Considering I'm part of the reason there is a car chat for you to post in and I am part of the reason there are rules to prevent me from telling you that you might have really bad eyesight and taste I'd appreciate with your not even 130 posts not worry about what I don't like and worry about what I've done for you.

Old 02-27-12, 07:58 PM
Gotham
Rookie

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Considering I'm part of the reason there is a car chat for you to post in and I am part of the reason there are rules to prevent me from telling you that you might have really bad eyesight and taste I'd appreciate with your not even 130 posts not worry about what I don't like and worry about what I've done for you.

Post-count doesn't equate to knowledge, taste, nor intelligence.

A fact you so readily prove each day.
Old 02-27-12, 08:05 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Gotham

Someone is mad

Old 02-27-12, 08:07 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like it! I do think it looks more modern in design than the upcoming NSX, but both cars are very good looking. I hope this Infiniti makes it to production!

Originally Posted by Gotham

Comments like that are unnecessary.

...But thank god Mike has a sense of humor
Old 02-27-12, 08:11 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
I like it! I do think it looks more modern in design than the upcoming NSX, but both cars are very good looking. I hope this Infiniti makes it to production!

Comments like that are unnecessary.

...But thank god Mike has a sense of humor
With the whole Mayan calander thing going on this year I'm willing to give these internet tough guys a break for 2012...

Quick Reply: Infiniti's Emerg-E Supercar Concept Breaks Cover