Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

THE CAR SHOW is canceled !!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12, 11:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts
Default THE CAR SHOW is canceled !!!!!!!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/01/07/t...-is-cancelled/

Word around the internetz today is that SPEED channel's The Car Show has been cancelled and will not be returning for a second season. The Car Show debuted last July 13 on SPEED and was seen by many enthusiasts as that channel's answer to the U.S. version of Top Gear on The History Channel, which we learned a few months ago was picked up for a second season. The Car Show leaves behind its panel of hosts, which included comedian and car guy Adam Carolla (who moves on to Celebrity Apprentice with Michael Andretti and Paul Teutel Sr.), Pulitzer Prize-winning auto journalist Dan Neil, former NBA star John Sally and host and producer of The Smoking Tire, Matt Farah.

It was not an amazing show but it was a car show so its a loss.....at least in my eyes. Just a heads up
Attached Thumbnails THE CAR SHOW is canceled !!!!!!!-carshow630.jpg  
Old 01-07-12, 11:28 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

wow, I didn't even know this existed .... oh well... lol

Guess I don't watch enough TV. When I do watch TV - its news, sports, or crime dramas like NCIS
Old 01-08-12, 12:57 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

not surprised
Old 01-08-12, 05:12 AM
grabber2
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts

I only watched once and its boring......
Old 01-08-12, 10:22 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to like this show so much. The segments were too short because they crammed too many things into each episode. I do enjoy Adam Carolla's rants, but it probably didn't help the ratings.

The last few episodes were only 30 mins instead of 60 and John Sally wasn't in them (who cares). I kind of had a feeling the cancellation would be their fate. Oh well..
Old 01-08-12, 10:54 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im gonna have to stick with adam carolla's car cast for now it seems

http://www.adamcarolla.com/CarCastBlog/
Old 01-08-12, 12:01 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

That sucks, I enjoyed watching that show and it is just one less car show on tv. Let me guess Speed will do even more NASCAR coverage in its place The show had a chance to get better but of course networks want instant hits and won't let anything get an audience. I think the hosts were much better then the hosts of TG USA. I know people will say THE CAR SHOW was no where near as good as BBC TOP GEAR, well no US car show or hosts are going to be anywhere near as good as that show, BBC TOP GEAR was not a very good or popular show when it started and nothing like what it is today. It was given time to get much better and gain a audience.

I tried to watch and like US TOP GEAR but I am just not feeling the show or the hosts, guess I will just be watching last seasons episodes of Top Gear BBC on BBC America, sucks that I don't get that channel in HD
Old 01-08-12, 12:29 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was a decent show.

Has the US Top Gear been canceled yet? They just don't rip into the car companies like the UK guys do, that's what I tune in for.
Old 01-08-12, 09:03 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

I thought it was a decent show. Like Top Gear US I assumed it would have gotten better once the producers figured out what worked. I will admit I could not stand the basketball player they had on the panel. Are you kidding me?? This guy had zero automotive knowledge ad didn't know how to add anything to the conversations other than " Thats Hot" or " thats not hot". In the end whats sad is that we have one less car show on TV.