Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Dodge Dart Revealed

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-12, 11:24 AM
rosskoss
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hypervish
Nope, not kidding. I have been in the latest Civic's and Corolla's, and I prefer the Corolla's interior over all of them.

This interior however, is not my cup of tea, but if you like it then that's great!
I strongly dislike the Civic interior, but I like the design and simplicity of the Corolla's interior. I have extensive experience with both these cars since my parents used to own one of each (Corolla is gone as of last month).

That said, the materials in the new Corolla are nothing to speak of. Frankly, I like the new Ford Focus and Chevy Cruze interiors a LOT more.

Some may find the new Focus interior a little busy, but frankly, I'm blown away that they could offer something like this at this price point in this segment.

Old 01-07-12, 11:25 AM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interior looks cheap, and side profile doesn't look good.
And they stole VW Scropions headlights!
However, the charger style taillights look good.
Old 01-07-12, 12:03 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Pretty FUGLY. I see a similar future as the Neon and Caliber...
Old 01-07-12, 12:19 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

From a styling standpoint, this is impressive for Dodge, good for them. The rear quarters are Mazda3/Forte-esque, and overall the sheetmetal is clean. The front end is very well done, and transitions the grill and headlights much better than the new 3-series does. Would LOVE to see a hot AWD SRT4 model in the future. Will it be a sales leader, probably not, but it will be a nice alternative to this ever growing segment (Corolla, Civic, Elantra, Focus, Cruze, Jetta, Mazda3). You can be sure the next Kia Forte will be a lot better to compete in this segment. And Nissan will really need to step it up with their Sentra.
Old 01-07-12, 12:34 PM
EmbassyEmp
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't look that bad, from the front and the side it kind of reminded me of a Focus/fiesta.
I hope they don't try and do a dub edition : /
Old 01-07-12, 04:02 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

A pretty good execution overall, and far better than anything from Dodge's past.. I think this will sell quite well and eat up some Focus sales, which it shares similar lines with.
Design-wise, I'm seeing some old Neon in the shoulder line, especially the way it slants up from front to back. I'd say the weakest points are the harsh and dated crosshair grille insert (totally out of line with the modern, flowing lines of the front end), the retro full-width taillights, and the obnoxious red dashboard outlining. The latter completely spoils a nicely shaped center stack and gauge cluster. There's nothing more frustrating when you have a good looking design that gets ruined by the details.
Old 01-07-12, 04:12 PM
LexFather

Yeah I agree, the car overall seems well done inside and out. The rear is very stylish with those LEDs like the Charger. This is going to do tons better for them.

The Italians did a great job That said it doesn't look American at all, it looks like a Kia/Hyundai in design outside the Charger tailights.

Last edited by LexFather; 01-07-12 at 04:24 PM.

Old 01-07-12, 05:47 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

This is pretty cool looking. Not bad. Liking the rear LED's. I guess this will now be seen across the sedan maybe coupe line. It definitely stands out at night. Also pretty cool and interesting that the instrument cluster now has a central screen. It was just recently that cars like the S-class, XJ sedan and up had these.
Old 01-07-12, 05:50 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Kinda looks like the new ford fiesta
Old 01-07-12, 08:17 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looks pretty good... small/medium car should sell well with decent gas mileage
Old 01-07-12, 09:13 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Overall, I think it looks good, but not fantastic. Kind of like the new Elantra, it's looks really interesting and different now but may not age well (like a conservative Corolla).

I appreciate Dodge's ongoing effort to fill the sport sedan/muscle car heritage niche in there respective categories. It's a niche some are clearly interested in. If Chrysler could prove themselves reliable, I would give them a look, but history always shows that a Chrysler product will begin to suck within 5-7 years. Hopefully, that will change.
Old 01-08-12, 01:22 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
Overall, I think it looks good, but not fantastic. Kind of like the new Elantra, it's looks really interesting and different now but may not age well (like a conservative Corolla).

I appreciate Dodge's ongoing effort to fill the sport sedan/muscle car heritage niche in there respective categories. It's a niche some are clearly interested in. If Chrysler could prove themselves reliable, I would give them a look, but history always shows that a Chrysler product will begin to suck within 5-7 years. Hopefully, that will change.
i think they will keep increasing their market share in the usa... They are adding whats best of Italian/Fiat car design to popular brand in the USA. But Fiat is one of the least reliable brands in the Europe... together with Chrysler heritage, it cant go too well.

Yes, it will be soft padded dash, and italian leather will look great... turbo cool engines and a lot of gears... but in dependability after 3 years? two negatives dont make a positive here :-)))).
Old 01-08-12, 01:26 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not sure how i feel about it, but it looks pretty decent. I'm sure this well sell pretty well for Dodge
Old 01-08-12, 07:37 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Boy, if you'd have covered up that Dodge emblem in the middle of the steering wheel, I would swear that was an interior straight out of a 1990's Pontiac.
Old 01-08-12, 11:04 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

exterior ok, interior fail.

Quick Reply: 2013 Dodge Dart Revealed