Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2013 Lincoln's revealed

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-11, 01:00 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This gotta be the ugliest car I have seen this year. Acura and Lincoln should join force.
Old 11-17-11, 01:25 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts

I think its a great looking car and SUV but not sure why they sell so poorly. My wife's cousin had a loaded one that he bought recently and said it was a great car but he had only had the thing for 2 or 3 weeks
Old 11-17-11, 01:55 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by DustinV
Boring and utterly characterless. The Lincolns of the '90s had more visual character than these things.

THIS IS A LINCOLN

Power, class, elegance, arrogance, comfort and a strong/persuasive design language.

Who agrees with me here?
Sorry, not me. Just like leisure suits, white shoes & belts and avocado **** carpeting of the era, time has passed them by and they are just a quaint reminder of that era. Time moves on.
Old 11-17-11, 02:35 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't get over the front-end.
Old 11-17-11, 02:58 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I cannot believe they kept those grills If they ditched the grills, i would actually go check them out. But like Acura, they design horrid looking fronts and i just am not interested... Sorry Ford, please design better grills. :\
Old 11-17-11, 04:36 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 157 Likes on 92 Posts

This was Lincoln's perfect chance to ditch the biggest thing that has caused slow sales- the bucktooth, anteater, Klingon grille.
I guess they want to be in the business of not being in business. Odd plan.
Old 11-17-11, 04:38 PM
DubbStep
Pole Position

Rofl..... These new ones remind me of mosquitoes, for some reason.... LoL
Old 11-18-11, 07:57 AM
Mr Johnson
Pole Position

As an owner of a 2010 MKS I can say the exterior of this car makes me want to cry. I recall seeing it in a clinic and rating it poorly then. Unfortunately things didn't change much.

That said the interior and some of the underpinnings are definitely a step in the right direction. They've added things like the computer controlled damping and sport/normal/comfort modes that were missing in a car that belongs in this class (sorry not a Town Car mmarshal). They fixed the trunk opening to make the large trunk actually usable and have made other minor tweaks that show that they *are* listening to what customers are asking for. My Lincoln touch is a sore point for me but perhaps with the updates and steering controls it will be more usable.

Short of it. I wouldn't buy this car on the basis of looks alone. The MKZ is the first "real" redesigned Lincoln. If they don't get that car right then the future of Lincoln is dismal. I love the Ciel look and the interior of the XTS isn't too shabby (but then neither is the new GS! :-))

BTW: The designer (though he wasn't there for long enough to really put his touch on it, ergo MKZ statement above) for this is 38 year old Max Wolff. Not a geriatric. In fact some would say he's too young to understand the essence of Lincoln. Funny to hear people complain both ways.
Old 11-18-11, 10:02 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,141 Likes on 1,387 Posts

it will sell.

plus, fully active suspension standard.
Old 11-19-11, 02:19 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waaaah, the front grille burns my eyes.

Seriously, what's with these disturbing-looking front grilles on a select few cars these days???

Old 11-19-11, 02:53 AM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ It amazes me that so many ugly grills are approved for production. lol
Old 11-19-11, 06:35 AM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

lol these remind me of a whales mouth.
Old 11-19-11, 08:10 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Johnson
As an owner of a 2010 MKS I can say the exterior of this car makes me want to cry. I recall seeing it in a clinic and rating it poorly then. Unfortunately things didn't change much.

That said the interior and some of the underpinnings are definitely a step in the right direction. They've added things like the computer controlled damping and sport/normal/comfort modes that were missing in a car that belongs in this class (sorry not a Town Car mmarshal). They fixed the trunk opening to make the large trunk actually usable and have made other minor tweaks that show that they *are* listening to what customers are asking for. My Lincoln touch is a sore point for me but perhaps with the updates and steering controls it will be more usable.

Short of it. I wouldn't buy this car on the basis of looks alone. The MKZ is the first "real" redesigned Lincoln. If they don't get that car right then the future of Lincoln is dismal. I love the Ciel look and the interior of the XTS isn't too shabby (but then neither is the new GS! :-))

BTW: The designer (though he wasn't there for long enough to really put his touch on it, ergo MKZ statement above) for this is 38 year old Max Wolff. Not a geriatric. In fact some would say he's too young to understand the essence of Lincoln. Funny to hear people complain both ways.
I seriously considered the MKS before I bought my LS430. My AWD MKZ lease was scheduled to be up in May, 2010. I wanted to buy used, but the MKS had just came out in 09 and there were a number of build quality issues in the first year. I also hated the trunk opening (or lack thereof) to load my wife's wheelchair and I assumed the AWD system would be as poor as that on my MKZ. (The MKZ AWD was downright dangerous on mixed dry / icy pavement even with winter tires. The front end kept breaking loose.)
Old 11-19-11, 11:03 AM
VIPG35
Lead Lap

Old school > New school
Old 11-19-11, 11:18 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Eww...............

Quick Reply: 2013 Lincoln's revealed