Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Did you guys see the new Infiniti ads? disses Lexus.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-11, 03:14 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Sens4Miles
If the EX is considered an SUV, then the CT should also be considered an SUV (it isn't - neither of them are).
EX is an suv... ct is hatchback.

if you cant see the difference between 1 series and X1 then you need some glasses.
Old 09-05-11, 01:49 AM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
So how does Infiniti get away with actually showing the GS in their ad? Does Lexus let them via buying rights? I would have thought it was all copywrited and/or Lexus wouldn't want to sell their car to another brand in the name of having them look bad.
Comparative advertising is legal - just think about other industries in which it is common (Pepsi and Coke, for example). Of course, anything particularly deceptive could be actionable.

Originally Posted by MikeSC4
lol hilarious commercials. this seems to be a touchy topic here... i guess only because there is some truth to it
I wouldn't blame CL. After all, even Chris Harris hates Infiniti's new commercials.
Old 09-05-11, 05:52 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, wait a minute. When did the definition of luxury change, and who the hell is Infiniti to think they can redefine it? Let's get one thing straight; Lexus redefined what a luxury car is. Lexus let the world know that luxury is much, much, more than just a car, it's an experience. I'm sorry but Infiniti is confused. These ads clearly demonstrate that they don't even know the difference between a luxury car and a performance car. I actually feel sorry for them.
Old 09-05-11, 04:50 PM
S8B
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why are so many of you getting your panties bunched up? If Infiniti is as insignificant as some of you are saying, then there's nothing to get worked up about.
Old 09-05-11, 04:54 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by S8B
Why are so many of you getting your panties bunched up? If Infiniti is as insignificant as some of you are saying, then there's nothing to get worked up about.
Like this post? An ad was posted, a thread was started, people responded. Lexus enthusiasts posting on a Lexus forum is not getting "worked up" they are talking in their home community.

Old 09-05-11, 04:56 PM
js619858
Pole Position

Originally Posted by S8B
I agree with your comment! I actually like Infiniti and love teir SUV's. When I G35 came out, that **** was nice and I the G37 was on the Radar but I was like for the same price I got me a used 08 ISF!
Old 09-05-11, 06:32 PM
Diemellz
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
So how does Infiniti get away with actually showing the GS in their ad? Does Lexus let them via buying rights? I would have thought it was all copywrited and/or Lexus wouldn't want to sell their car to another brand in the name of having them look bad.
Lexus does this too, like the RX copy machine commercial

as far as the infiniti ad, regardless of sales, M is by far the better car compare 3rd GS, hopefully the 4th GS will put a stop to all this slanderin
Old 09-05-11, 08:54 PM
ALeX300
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

just remembered - didn't Audi also poke fun at Lexus RX with Q5 commercial....gonna try to find it now...

EDIT: here it is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiVus...yer_detailpage

Last edited by ALeX300; 09-05-11 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-06-11, 07:58 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

Call me crazy, but I prefer a world in which Lexus and Infiniti are both making great cars.

If tomorrow Infiniti announced a $150,000 Q sedan that trumped the LS in every possible way, would you people like Lexus less? I didn't think so.

Lighten up folks! The more good cars the merrier!!
Old 09-06-11, 08:04 AM
JCL2986
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Infiniti's interiors are not on par with Lexus.
I was looking at G37 sedans and coupes.
I could not find ONE without scraped up steering wheel controls. Some with scraped window switches.
That is something you have to look at everyday, so that poor quality bothered me.
One reason why I went with the IS350, the interior still looks new included all switches.
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 09-06-11, 09:29 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Alucard
Call me crazy, but I prefer a world in which Lexus and Infiniti are both making great cars.

If tomorrow Infiniti announced a $150,000 Q sedan that trumped the LS in every possible way, would you people like Lexus less? I didn't think so.

Lighten up folks! The more good cars the merrier!!
They don't even have a current $60k Q (high $50k M only), so let's work on that first.

It'll take a $150k Q to beat a $70k LS???

I did like first gen Q over the first gen LS, but that was it until lexus left infiniti in the dark regarding "luxury".

I like infiniti and they have come a long way but like IS350jet said, "who are they to redefine luxury?"
Old 09-06-11, 09:57 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's not forget that this is marketing, folks.

Hard to deny that these aren't clever commercials. Are they 100% true? Not really, but advertising/marketing tends to bend the rules to make a statment, which is exactly what they've done here.

The weird thing is that they went after the ES in that "vanilla" commercial instead of the 3 series. ES is not the "most popular" luxury car in America (at least in terms of sales/volume)...

Good ads - nice work, Infiniti
Old 09-06-11, 10:15 AM
Alucard
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
They don't even have a current $60k Q (high $50k M only), so let's work on that first.

It'll take a $150k Q to beat a $70k LS???

I did like first gen Q over the first gen LS, but that was it until lexus left infiniti in the dark regarding "luxury".

I like infiniti and they have come a long way but like IS350jet said, "who are they to redefine luxury?"

My point being that whatever Infiniti does/doesn't do shouldn't affect how you view Lexus.
Old 09-06-11, 10:21 AM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

My opinion of the add is that its true. The GS is much softer than an M. What else are they going to do to get attention?? lol. I love the way infinitis drive and handle. Much more inspiring and direct feeling when you drive the car. The Lexus is more refined. The reason Lexus will outsell infiniti is because we use luxury a lot more than sideways drifts around corners. lol. Its funny that they use the image of a luxury car sideways to sell them. No wonder lexus sells a lot better
Old 09-06-11, 11:10 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

There's no news at all here. Car ads do this ALL of the time and it's not going to stop any time soon. Nothing to get worked up about.

Think Durango vs. Explorer ad, people leaping out of their BMW's on to the Audi car carrier, Kisashi vs. Audi, plus all of the others already mentioned here.

Quick Reply: Did you guys see the new Infiniti ads? disses Lexus.....