Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Went car shopping for the wife today...(long, kinda ranting)

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-11, 10:59 AM
felixdang
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bro..why don't you tell your wife to narrow down the cars she likes most, out of all the cars you've seen then go on-line shoot out an email and have them call you.. Watch how these dealership from all across the state call you and want our business.. Sit back and have them work for your business..

It's alot easier then driving around waisting your time and gas.. I had 10 dealerships working for me from all over Michigan and Chicago.. Finally bought the car from Chicago they gave me the best deal..
Old 05-20-11, 11:07 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by felixdang
Bro..why don't you tell your wife to narrow down the cars she likes most, out of all the cars you've seen then go on-line shoot out an email and have them call you.. Watch how these dealership from all across the state call you and want our business.. Sit back and have them work for your business..

It's alot easier then driving around waisting your time and gas.. I had 10 dealerships working for me from all over Michigan and Chicago.. Finally bought the car from Chicago they gave me the best deal..
Easier said than done. LOL. I spent a week with my girlfriend just narrowing her car choices from about 15 different models to 5... And that's still 4 (maybe 3) too many. Ugh...
Old 05-20-11, 07:25 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
hey man. i'm not sure i understand your concerns no really.
did u indicate what kind of a payment you were looking for?
were u planning to put much down on the car or did you have a trade-in better than junk?
if yes and no, then maybe that's all the deal the kia guy could come up with to match your constraints? just saying...

despite great credit score, a longer loan is going to have a higher interest rate.

i mean if you're borrowing over 30k, yeah, that's a HUGE loan!

did you consider the sportage?

i don't think it's sad at all - if that's the only way a customer can get the car they want to buy. frankly if they're that stretched out but MUST have a certain vehicle, maybe they should lease.

i drove a v6 one and it was slow. can't imagine what a 4cyl one is like!
We were putting 5k down, and no trade. My truck is paid for, and I do not want to get rid of it. WIth my credit rating there was no reason to think we couldnt hit the mark with a 72 month loan. Yes I can get USAA, but she was not really SURE that she wanted to buy yet, so we were just looking, with little/no intention of buying unless all of our criteria were met. We sort of agreed we are going to wait till I come back from my deployment and we can put more down, and maybe get a Brand new RXh

Originally Posted by T0ked
Easier said than done. LOL. I spent a week with my girlfriend just narrowing her car choices from about 15 different models to 5... And that's still 4 (maybe 3) too many. Ugh...
Right?! LOL
Old 05-21-11, 10:26 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 83 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
We were putting 5k down, and no trade. My truck is paid for, and I do not want to get rid of it. WIth my credit rating there was no reason to think we couldnt hit the mark with a 72 month loan. Yes I can get USAA, but she was not really SURE that she wanted to buy yet, so we were just looking, with little/no intention of buying unless all of our criteria were met. We sort of agreed we are going to wait till I come back from my deployment and we can put more down, and maybe get a Brand new RXh

Right?! LOL
Another deployment? Where is the Army sending you this time, Josh?

Since you were originally looking at Kia SUVs, by the time you get back, Kia may have introduced another small AWD vehicle based on the Soul. It may be a Soul AWD, or something very similiar. I know you are soured on the Kia dealership and the terms they anted for the Sorento, but this promises to be a considerably less-expensive vehicle.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/25/r...el-drive-soul/
Old 05-22-11, 06:41 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
We were putting 5k down, and no trade. WIth my credit rating there was no reason to think we couldnt hit the mark with a 72 month loan.
Somehow, someway they came up with $478/month, 31k OTD and 7% interest at NINETY-SIX MONTHS!!!!!
ok, so 5k down, thus a 26k loan (31k otd).

(opens excel...)

if my formula is right, a 72 mo. loan for 26k at 7% means a payment of $443. at 96 months, $354, so not sure where salesperson is getting 478 a month!

if you have excel, formula is like this

=pmt(7%/12, 96, 26000)
Old 05-22-11, 09:48 AM
LexFather

Dude to be honest this is not a good time to buy. Incentives are at a 5 or 6 year low and the ball is in the dealers court. I would wait until the winter if possible when dealers are stuck with tons of inventory (due to all the issues this year) and they are trying to ditch vehicles.

CPO/Used/Auction prices are also up huge. Not a great time if you are a buyer.

Old 05-22-11, 04:20 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

Yeah, we are gonna make do with one car till I get back from afghanistan July of 2012. By then we will be better able to afford the payment on an RXh more comfortably, and probably keep the ram as well.
Old 05-22-11, 11:52 PM
adanguy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Outback wagon might work for you then