Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fox News attacks first Nissan Leaf owner, engages in a lot of hate

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-10, 07:21 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A clear example of ignorance and one-sidedness in news and media outlets today.....
Old 12-21-10, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

hahaha this is pathetic. when "news" (objective) turns into subjective jabs, it says a lot
Old 12-21-10, 09:31 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 84 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
LOL, everyone is bashing Fox News and yet this segment wasn't even on Fox News.

Fox Business is a different channel. And this is an opinion show. People seem to have a problem differentiating news shows and opinion/analysis shows. If you don't want to listen to opinion, tune in to your local news at 6.

This commentator has every right to question why tax payers have to shell out $7,500 a pop for a car they choose not to buy. People are so against putting gas in their cars but are OK with paying for someone else's car?

Good points, J-P-L. And, even as far as its pundits go, Fox News isn't any worse than MSNBC, or even CBS in some cases. The last time I listened to MSNBC, it sounded almost like Radio Moscow back during the Communist years.
Old 12-21-10, 09:37 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackraven
A clear example of ignorance and one-sidedness in news and media outlets today.....

Like MSNBC and CNN,I agree.
Old 12-21-10, 09:38 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
hahaha this is pathetic. when "news" (objective) turns into subjective jabs, it says a lot
it isn't an 'objective news' show, so it's not pathetic.

i don't think people should get ANY government incentive to buy a particular type of car. john stossel also showed how that 'incentive' allowed richer people to get golf carts for free until recently.

anyway, all the fox bashing is funny as their ratings are off the charts!
Old 12-21-10, 10:14 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps the first hint that this is an opinion/entertainment show should be that the host isn't even wearing a tie. It should be obvious that these are casual discussions about the issues.

All of these opinion commentator shows on Fox always have liberals on the panels to point out their side of the argument. I don't get this "one sided" argument. MSNBC and CNN almost never have the conservative perspective. THAT is one sided. Naturally, the left doesn't notice it because they agree with it.
Old 12-21-10, 10:50 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 413 Likes on 341 Posts

Fox News sucks, but I do like Glenn Beck. Other than him, it's a waste of time.
Old 12-21-10, 01:32 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't care, I waste little time watching Fox news.
Old 12-21-10, 05:23 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

fox news comes off as very douchebaggity.

it's like their whole channel is comprised of douches

I like my local news station. Just report the facts, and lemme make my own opinions.
Old 12-21-10, 07:43 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Didn't realize that most of the people who hang out on the Lexus site are Liberals. I doubt most of you have even tuned in to Fox or FoxBusiness so you are commenting from an ignorant point of view. Anyway, the question was why we, the taxpayers, are shelling out $7,500 for each of these JAPANESE MADE cars, a legitimate question on an American Business show, no?

And didn't anybody notice where this accusation of FoxBusiness attacking the owner came from? Autoblog Green, where "We obsessively cover the Green Scene". I don't think they are too happy with anyone questioning the Leaf. But the icing on the cake is the piece also had Leslie Marshall in on the interview who has her own talk radio show and who is a Liberal, along with Ron Kuby, a liberal Union lawyer. If you actually watch the six minute piece it covers both sides of the argument with both conservative and liberal folks participating and both sides questioning the tax credit. It looked like they were trying to dig in and figure out why we are paying this kind of money for a Japanese made car, i.e., where is the US worker getting any benefit out of this. A fair question in my mind.

Last edited by Evitzee; 12-21-10 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-21-10, 07:56 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Because many of these "foreign" brands build their cars in America, while the domestics do it in Canada and Mexico. We want to support American jobs, don't we?

Last edited by dj.ctwatt; 12-21-10 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-21-10, 08:16 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dunnojack
fox news comes off as very douchebaggity.

it's like their whole channel is comprised of douches

I like my local news station. Just report the facts, and lemme make my own opinions.
How are they douches?

Cable news are for those that want to stay informed on national issues/politics, a whole different thing from local news. Local news just reports mostly non political stories that have no importance to our lives.

I'd rather be aware of what freedom our government is trying to take away today so that we can do something about it rather than watching reports on what local house burned down.

Originally Posted by Evitzee
Didn't realize that most of the people who hang out on the Lexus site are Liberals. I doubt most of you have even tuned in to Fox or FoxBusiness so you are commenting from an ignorant point of view. Anyway, the question was why we, the taxpayers, are shelling out $7,500 for each of these cars, a legitimate question on an American Business show, no?

On the Debate Forum, conservatives outnumber liberals about 3 to 1.

I just don't understand how people can see justification for making all of us pay electric car payments for those that choose them. Yet Fox is the crazy one.

Last edited by -J-P-L-; 12-21-10 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-22-10, 06:27 AM
SLegacy99
Lead Lap

I hear that all of the Fox News vehicles are H2s.
Old 12-22-10, 09:41 AM
JessePS

Originally Posted by dj.ctwatt
Because many of these "foreign" brands build their cars in America, while the domestics do it in Canada and Mexico. We want to support American jobs, don't we?
America just wants everything cheaper and cheaper. They are practically shooting themselves in the foot.

Jobs will come back to the US in a few decades when China running the show and they need cheap labour (i.e Western countries).
Old 12-22-10, 05:30 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JessePS
America just wants everything cheaper and cheaper. They are practically shooting themselves in the foot.

Jobs will come back to the US in a few decades when China running the show and they need cheap labour (i.e Western countries).
Even when the dollar was high, Toyota (and many foreign manufactuers) shifted production into the USA while the domestics shifted it out. The whole "buy American" thing carries no weight to me. I could care less if a top executive gets a slightly higher profit cut. . . support the jobs. I applaud Toyota (and other companies that have followed suit) for shifting production to the USA.

Quick Reply: Fox News attacks first Nissan Leaf owner, engages in a lot of hate