Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Fox News attacks first Nissan Leaf owner, engages in a lot of hate

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 06:38 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ yet that good for nothing moron on fox doesnt realize that....he is perplexed by this useless tax credit...he also often appears on FOX NEWS morning show and makes the most ridiculous comments like how that mosque near ground zero was sponsored by terrorists. according to them the same guy who sponsored terrorists is the guy who also is the largest share holder of FOX NEWS outside of the Murdock family...and i like how you say they have both sides of the story...did you see the liberal guy? for one they cut him off and two they pick the most weird scrub looking leberal people just like that Colmes character...i mean im not saying msnbc is not biased but if you're gonna sit here and tell me FOX, be it "news" or business, is fair and balanced you need to lay off the crack pipe
here are some funny clips

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...terrorism.html

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...t-company-trap

Last edited by MashinA; 12-22-10 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-22-10, 06:47 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fox news is hardly balanced. . . but neither is the Daily Show, or any 1 particular network or program. It's pretty much human nature to be biased, and I don't expect a for-profit company not to exploit that. The best idea is to listen to all media outlets and come to your own conclusions. Turning off one source of information is, in itself, bias and ignorance. Again, I'm not defending Fox News or Fox Business, but you're just kidding yourself if you think that ANY news out there isn't biased to some extent. And most of them lean either far right or right left.

It's like coverage of Sports, you rarely have people cheering on both teams for a good game (which is what people want in the end), but people usually end up just cheering for their side.
Old 12-22-10, 07:40 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by MashinA
^^ yet that good for nothing moron on fox doesnt realize that....he is perplexed by this useless tax credit...he also often appears on FOX NEWS morning show and makes the most ridiculous comments like how that mosque near ground zero was sponsored by terrorists. according to them the same guy who sponsored terrorists is the guy who also is the largest share holder of FOX NEWS outside of the Murdock family...and i like how you say they have both sides of the story...did you see the liberal guy? for one they cut him off and two they pick the most weird scrub looking leberal people just like that Colmes character...i mean im not saying msnbc is not biased but if you're gonna sit here and tell me FOX, be it "news" or business, is fair and balanced you need to lay off the crack pipe
here are some funny clips

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...terrorism.html

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...t-company-trap
This is the problem, too many people rely on Jon Stewart for their "news". Most people's views of Fox are based on what these idiots pick out to show as examples.

How is this Fox commentator a moron? Can you defend the redistribution of our wealth so that select people can buy electric cars? You feel OK paying for part of your neighbors Leaf/Volt? Seriously? What is the justification for this? How is it the governments role to decide who or what succeeds in the private sector?

If you're going to call Fox moronic, then I'm sure you can answer these simple questions.
Old 12-22-10, 11:21 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by dj.ctwatt
Fox news is hardly balanced. . . but neither is the Daily Show, or any 1 particular network or program. It's pretty much human nature to be biased, and I don't expect a for-profit company not to exploit that. The best idea is to listen to all media outlets and come to your own conclusions. Turning off one source of information is, in itself, bias and ignorance. Again, I'm not defending Fox News or Fox Business, but you're just kidding yourself if you think that ANY news out there isn't biased to some extent. And most of them lean either far right or right left.

It's like coverage of Sports, you rarely have people cheering on both teams for a good game (which is what people want in the end), but people usually end up just cheering for their side.
maybe you should watch some actual news....like bbc...al jazeera is a good one too( i know right). also i watch soccer a lot and comentators there are always just that...comentators.

Originally Posted by -J-P-L-
This is the problem, too many people rely on Jon Stewart for their "news". Most people's views of Fox are based on what these idiots pick out to show as examples.

How is this Fox commentator a moron? Can you defend the redistribution of our wealth so that select people can buy electric cars? You feel OK paying for part of your neighbors Leaf/Volt? Seriously? What is the justification for this? How is it the governments role to decide who or what succeeds in the private sector?

If you're going to call Fox moronic, then I'm sure you can answer these simple questions.
i watch john stewart cuz hes funny...same reason i watch fox news. and you cant tell me this guilt by association game this guy was playing wasnt moronic...i mean they accused the very guy who owns 7% of their company in supporting terrorism come on...that was funny!
As far as redistribution of wealth and justifying this tax credit...can you justify any taxes we pay? as mentioned above these companies are giving jobs to americans...and if this new technology helps us become less dependend on foreign oil than sure why not...
Old 12-23-10, 12:04 AM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MashinA
maybe you should watch some actual news....like bbc...al jazeera is a good one too( i know right). also i watch soccer a lot and comentators there are always just that...comentators.
And what or who says that I don't. I'm in Thailand and have access to Al Jazeera. I pretty much cycle through all the major news outlets at random. A little CNN here, CNBC there, Fox here, Al Jazeera (yes, really), BBC, Reuters, NHK. You're seriously kidding yourself to say any one source is all that great. They're all terrible. The difference is that I don't get mad if I hear something I don't necessarily agree to. But I'll still listen to it. There have been some good stories to come out of Fox. . . and good ones of Al Jazeera. The real world of politics is that most of these politicians aren't all that different from eachother. . . just duping you into voting their party for the next term. It's their primary concern. Saving the nation would take a distance 3rd or so. And these media outlets all cater to that. It's a big reason why everything is so hardcore left or right. . . it's about attaining the maximum amount of the bell-curve. Unfortunately, being middle of the road is just plain boring, uninteresting, and usually most people don't want to hear those truths. . . that the best answers usually lie in the middle.
Old 12-23-10, 12:37 AM
Ethix
Driver

Originally Posted by dj.ctwatt
Fox news is hardly balanced. . . but neither is the Daily Show
lol

I think it's hilarious that you're comparing Fox News to the Daily Show.
Fake News show and Fake News Network?

I can't watch Fox News simply because I don't like the people on the network. Some of them make really good points, but they don't present them in a way that will speak to anyone other than other conservatives. Every time I've tried to watch the network, I always get the sense that their whole purpose is to rile up the conservatives. "Can you believe what the crazy liberals are doing now?" kind of statements don't help.
Old 12-23-10, 12:53 AM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ethix
lol

I think it's hilarious that you're comparing Fox News to the Daily Show.
Fake News show and Fake News Network?

I can't watch Fox News simply because I don't like the people on the network. Some of them make really good points, but they don't present them in a way that will speak to anyone other than other conservatives. Every time I've tried to watch the network, I always get the sense that their whole purpose is to rile up the conservatives. "Can you believe what the crazy liberals are doing now?" kind of statements don't help.
I'm not. If you had read the thread, you would see that machina brought up the daily show, and I was merely responding. Dunno if you just went through quickly or are just selectively reading...
Old 12-23-10, 09:41 AM
Coconut
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 57 Posts

No TV and Facebook makes my life drama free.
Old 12-23-10, 09:52 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

^^ No TV, a good way to miss the extreme conservative and extreme liberal cable networks/hate channels spewing political rhetoric crap.

I prefer to watch local news and Tennis channel, lol.
Old 12-23-10, 10:06 AM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Thing is, why would we even expect cable news to be center of the road?

Few would watch it. The center is without opinion or any stance on issues. People like to call themselves moderates but what does that mean exactly?

Issues are distinguished by a left and right point of view, that's just the way it is. You're either for something or against something. I guess "moderates" can't make a decision. IMO, the center isn't based on principles because it is based on compromise. You cannot compromise on pure principles. How could you have a Sean Hannity dropping all of his principles and attempting to be at the center? That would be a bogus personality.

Seems as though people are expecting cable news hosts to have no opinion. That would be boring as hell. Network nightly news is simple reporting, no opinion. So if you don't like cable, you have that option.

There's nothing wrong with having O'Reilly, Beck, & Hannity for conservatives to enjoy and Olberman, Mathew's, & Stewart for liberals to enjoy. It's just as much for entertainment as it is to stay informed with daily events.
Old 12-23-10, 03:55 PM
dj.ctwatt
Lead Lap

Few would watch it. The center is without opinion or any stance on issues. People like to call themselves moderates but what does that mean exactly?

Issues are distinguished by a left and right point of view, that's just the way it is. You're either for something or against something. I guess "moderates" can't make a decision. IMO, the center isn't based on principles because it is based on compromise. You cannot compromise on pure principles. How could you have a Sean Hannity dropping all of his principles and attempting to be at the center? That would be a bogus personality.

Seems as though people are expecting cable news hosts to have no opinion. That would be boring as hell. Network nightly news is simple reporting, no opinion. So if you don't like cable, you have that option.

There's nothing wrong with having O'Reilly, Beck, & Hannity for conservatives to enjoy and Olberman, Mathew's, & Stewart for liberals to enjoy. It's just as much for entertainment as it is to stay informed with daily events.
I prescribe to classical economics, which for the most part is free of partisan. For example, Bill Clinton had many policies designed around economics, rather than politics. However, I find that financial conservatives tend to be more in line with economics (not to be confused with social conservatives). I just don't care about social issues. I don't do drugs, don't break the law, am careful not get anybody pregnant, and trust more interested people to fight those battles. The economy is my main and only concern...

Financial middle ground might be easier to define, but social? How about thoroughly presenting both sides of an issue (they all fail to do this). How can someone embody that? Simple; realizing that some issues are not black and white and not clearly right or wrong.
Old 12-23-10, 05:12 PM
lexmenow
Lexus Champion

fox news is great........
Old 12-23-10, 05:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,193 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Originally Posted by Coconut
No TV and Facebook makes my life content free.
fixed.

Few would watch it. The center is without opinion or any stance on issues.
reminds me of what the BBC claims to be, however besides being an extremely boring presentation, their bias is still obvious.
Old 12-24-10, 07:42 PM
MashinA
Lexus Champion

so you wouldn't want some1 to just present you clear cut facts and information, be it extremely boring and whatnot so you can make your own decision, but you rather turn to fox or msnbc and hear what you want to hear from some1 who has a very strong opinion, when for the most part that opinion is only there because it surves him well to make a ***** load of money?
im sorry but when serious matters, such as this country's future are discussed by people like glenn beck sean hannity rachel maddows etc, calling each other racists, terrorists, communists, spewing propaganda and hatred, and millions of people listen to them and base their vote on the information they get from them, i have a problem with that.

P.S. Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-24-10, 08:29 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

No problem, that's what the channel ^v buttons are for on my remote.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.