Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti FX models see price drop for 2011

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10, 06:18 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't doubt the performance, but the utility part is what i question. on sporty suv like cayenne or x5/6, you can still get into back seats pretty easily. i have talked to a lot of people regarding fx, including few who actually wanted one. but once they tried the rear doors and get in, they said it's no go.

again, not saying the car is bad, i think it's a cool factor car. but practicality wise
The FX is not for everyone, but the back is pretty roomy, it's probably no harder to get into the back seat then a Pathfinder or 4Runner, the one major difference between the Pathfinder & 4Runner is that rear wheel well or fender, when you open the door is twice as wide on the FX, I have sat in the back numerous times and Im 6'2 240, my brother enjoys sitting in the back and he is 6'0 275, and he's a powerlifter, his thighs are like tree trunks.

The back is roomy, it probably has more room then my 2 Maximas, and my friends Camry
Old 09-25-10, 06:46 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Rashoodz
Every SUV that fails in the USA, is a bit hit in Dubai.
It seems that anything that is expensive is an instant hit in Dubai. I think if they put some bling bling on a Yugo, and price it at over 100k, it would be a hit in Dubai
Old 09-25-10, 07:17 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

The FX is a nice car I like it probably wouldn't mind getting a FX50 but so is the RX and GX.
Old 09-25-10, 07:32 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
I got one. The FX actually makes alot of sense, it's for people who want a sporty SUV but doesn't go offroad and don't want to sacrifice sportiness. Think of it as a BMW X6 without BMW reliability. There are only a few SUVs that fit this criteria, and Lexus doesn't have one (or else I probably would've stayed with Lexus).

And the looks are really subjective I guess. I thought it looked mighty weird when it just came out, but it has since grew on me.

The 2011's addition of the power liftgate is a nice addition. The 2009+ FX has the heaviest liftgate in the world, comparable to a U-Haul truck.
Ray I DEMAND an explanation I had no idea. What color?

Originally Posted by <VENOM>
The FX is not for everyone, but the back is pretty roomy, it's probably no harder to get into the back seat then a Pathfinder or 4Runner, the one major difference between the Pathfinder & 4Runner is that rear wheel well or fender, when you open the door is twice as wide on the FX, I have sat in the back numerous times and Im 6'2 240, my brother enjoys sitting in the back and he is 6'0 275, and he's a powerlifter, his thighs are like tree trunks.

The back is roomy, it probably has more room then my 2 Maximas, and my friends Camry
You mean the QX? The FX rear is horrendous, no room to me.

As Henry stated the Cayenne, X5 and X6 actually have utility. The FX, EX, ZDX have room for your man purse and thats about it. Some clearly like the appeal as it provides a higher seat height while being sportier than the RX, Q5, ML etc. Its easy to love the ride height of a SUV. The FX also has a much improved interior over the last model. Hope the price drop helps sales.

Last edited by LexFather; 09-25-10 at 07:40 PM.

Old 09-26-10, 03:17 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i don't doubt the performance, but the utility part is what i question. on sporty suv like cayenne or x5/6, you can still get into back seats pretty easily. i have talked to a lot of people regarding fx, including few who actually wanted one. but once they tried the rear doors and get in, they said it's no go.

again, not saying the car is bad, i think it's a cool factor car. but practicality wise
Oh I totally agree with you, the FX has basically NO practicality. It's very comfortable for 4 adults (rear headroom has improved drastically from 1st Gen FX), still OK for 5, but the rear cargo room is hopeless. With the rear seats upright, the trunk area is small even compared to the 2GS.

But my girlfriend has a new RAV4, and it has probably twice as much cargo room as the FX, so I have no worries when it comes to cargo capacity

Rear door is still a PITA to get in and out I agree. Once you're in, it's fine, but why couldn't they make the opening bigger?!

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Ray I DEMAND an explanation I had no idea. What color?
LOL Mike, it's a 2010 black on black FX35. I drove the GS for 10 years, it was time to move into either a coupe or a SUV. I considered the 370Z and it had no practicality (of course), and I can't even lay the driver seat down. So a sporty SUV was naturally my goal. Lexus offers no sporty SUV, so I had to look elsewhere. The GLK was feminine, the RDX was slow, Q5 didn't have 2.0T at the time and was poorly equipped unless fully loaded, and the X6 was $10k more, with far less features and not much faster.

And I'm lookin into a 73' 240Z project, so having a SUV as a daily driver is great. Hope this is acceptable explanation and don't expect me to explain the polarizing styling It's a love it or hate it thing, when my FX is complete with mods I'm sure it'll change your mind about the FX
Old 05-28-11, 01:58 PM
Initial B
Lead Lap

Ray - how are you liking the '10 FX35? Any current pics w/mods?

I test drove 1 the other day...although it accels in no one area, it really is the perfect do-it-all vehicle if you like driving. What other class of vehicle combines sportiness, luxury, image, and light hauling/offroading all in 1 package?

I could still tell a pretty big difference in quality between this and my IS, but things that really stood out as superior are the seats, the nav, and the transmission programming.
Old 05-28-11, 02:29 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FX's are very common here, but personally I know only one person that owns one.
Old 05-28-11, 02:33 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by replica
I test drove 1 the other day...although it accels in no one area, it really is the perfect do-it-all vehicle if you like driving. What other class of vehicle combines sportiness, luxury, image, and light hauling/offroading all in 1 package?
These come to mind. I took Ray off my friend list on FB

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/25/i...e-cayenne-gts/

Old 05-28-11, 04:26 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by speedflex
Interestingly the FX is Infiniti's top seller in Europe. But I think they could have done better by redesigning the ridiculous grille rather than cutting the price.
they sold peanuts in Europe though, and FX is best priced model... in Europe, it is priced the same as well equiped ES and M... crazy.
Old 05-28-11, 04:39 PM
Hoovey689
Forum Moderator

Received 126 Likes on 84 Posts

These come to mind. I took Ray off my friend list on FB
^^
these too!!

runners up

I prefer pre-rhinoplasty lol

Old 05-28-11, 07:18 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

My wife and I looked at the FX when we were shopping for her SUV but it has no cargo room , the rear seat area could be larger, the price was to high relative to the other SUVs , and it didnt handle nearly as well as it looked like.
Old 05-29-11, 07:30 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The FX45 is great to drive. One of the best handling SUV's I have driven lately. I wasnt sold on the look/style at first. Looking forward to getting my hands on a FX50 to see how it drives.
Old 05-29-11, 11:18 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

I did some searching and Infiniti never dropped the price, they just reconfigured the options for a lower base price, they still cost the same if you want all the same features.

Anyways my father has an FX50S, it is one of the best vehicles I have ever driven, seems to have about the same useable space as my 03 4Runner, except it hauls *** and handles better then most cars, I love the front grill looking like a shark