Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2012 BMW 3 Series renderings and spyshots (Hybrid coming)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-10, 11:23 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Nice except for the rear.
Hate the exhaust tips location.
Old 03-24-10, 11:24 AM
(Cj)
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pagemaster
Why hasn't Lexus got on the LED trend yet?

Old 03-24-10, 11:27 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by (Cj)
I thought this was a new IS for a second there
Old 03-24-10, 11:35 AM
LexFather

Not sure how the hell a thread about the next 3 series became something to **** on the IS on (and well you missed badly). As a matter of fact by saying the IS looks bad, I have to question anything you think looks good.

Originally Posted by joe80
agreed.

IS needs a redesign badly.
No it doesn't need one badly and if anything the IS has the best styling in class with the C-class and its a selling point. Most agree the IS is a fantastic looking car.

I have to say I need to see all three against each other. I think the Lexus IS has the weakest styling and the least significance out of this trio.

Sorry you need some serious eye work done. The IS styling is tremendous, still looks crisp and taunt. The A4 HAS to have the sport package/big wheels to look decent, otherwise it looks like any Audi the last 30 years which means it looks nice but well the same.

The 3 is a rendering, not going to compare it.

Old 03-24-10, 11:40 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sorry you need some serious eye work done. The IS styling is tremendous, still looks crisp and taunt. The A4 HAS to have the sport package/big wheels to look decent, otherwise it looks like any Audi the last 30 years which means it looks nice but well the same.
You make me shudder......to think the IS250 with those 16 inch rims sure make the IS look fantastic....have you seen an IS with 16 inch rims? what a joke
Old 03-24-10, 11:43 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

No it doesn't need one badly and if anything the IS has the best styling in class with the C-class and its a selling point. Most agree the IS is a fantastic looking car.

I agree with joe80..it needs a redesign, not badly but soon....and the sooner they get an idrive like controller in the interior, the better.....the interior while good more with the TSX than it does with the likes of superb A4 or trendy 3 series.
Old 03-24-10, 11:49 AM
oblivionis
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure how the hell a thread about the next 3 series became something to **** on the IS on (and well you missed badly). As a matter of fact by saying the IS looks bad, I have to question anything you think looks good.

The 3 is a rendering, not going to compare it.
I couldn't agree with you more. And it's not because I own an IS, that I think that.... it's because I think that, I own an IS.
Old 03-24-10, 11:56 AM
LexFather

You make me shudder......to think the IS250 with those 16 inch rims sure make the IS look fantastic....have you seen an IS with 16 inch rims? what a joke
Show me an IS with 16" wheels. You can't b/c the smallest size is 17". And it still looks good.

This is about the NEW 3 series, not that you think the IS is ugly (which is pretty absurd). By calling the IS ugly you have told everyone your eye for design is not very good. Period.

I agree with joe80..it needs a redesign, not badly but soon....and the sooner they get an idrive like controller in the interior, the better.....the interior while good more with the TSX than it does with the likes of superb A4 or trendy 3 series.
That is ridiculous as you don't need remote touch to make the interior better. That is a piece of technology. The A4 and IS are considered the best interiors in class and even 3 series owners here will tell you the interior is something that could be improved upon.

Thanks for ranting on the HS in one thread and now the IS in another thread when both were about another car.

Old 03-24-10, 11:59 AM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Show me an IS with 16" wheels. You can't b/c the smallest size is 17". And it still looks good.

This is about the NEW 3 series, not that you think the IS is ugly (which is pretty absurd). By calling the IS ugly you have told everyone your eye for design is not very good. Period.

That is ridiculous as you don't need remote touch to make the interior better. That is a piece of technology. The A4 and IS are considered the best interiors in class and even 3 series owners here will tell you the interior is something that could be improved upon.

Thanks for ranting on the HS in one thread and now the IS in another thread when both were about another car.
In Canada we have the IS with 16 inch rims...trust me, you do NOT want to see one.

I never called the IS ugly, its not a bad looking car, its just not as significant or powerful looking as the A4 or 3 series.
Old 03-24-10, 12:01 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

So to tell you...but it does make the interior better. Lexus underestimated the iDrive controller and are now playing catch up to Audi, BMW, Merc and even Hyundai...
Old 03-24-10, 12:02 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to say I need to see all three against each other. I think the Lexus IS has the weakest styling and the least significance out of this trio.

I wonder why you posted a very old/low quality picture of the IS?

Maybe it's still has the weakest styling to you, but atleast this is a 2009 picture of it.
Old 03-24-10, 12:26 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by meowCat
pagemaster is probably an IS hater...
I am not an IS hater at all. I actually like the car. I would consider an IS250 AWD if I was in the market for a car.
Old 03-24-10, 12:28 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

The REASON why I bought the brand new IS350 back in 2008 is because of such elegant, sophisticated design. The car has full of refinements as well. IMO, it makes the 3rd gen Acura TL and 2nd gen Infiniti G35 look cheap and lower rated class, in terms of design that is.
I am impressed that you compared the IS with Acura and Infiniti....that is where it really competes well with...it loses appeal when next to the A4 or 3 series
Old 03-24-10, 12:38 PM
LexFather

Can we all get back to the 3 series, thanks

Old 03-24-10, 12:39 PM
pagemaster
Lexus Champion

You mis-understood what I meant. I said Lexus 2IS makes the 3rd gen Acura TL and 2nd gen Infiniti G35 a "LOWER CLASS" in terms of design. This means it competes with the cars like Audi and BMW's, lmao... 1SickLex is right.
It competes more with Acura and Infiniti...just look at the price difference between IS and 3 series.

I have always thought the IS fits in between an Acura and a 3 series...it closer to a 1 series IMO

Quick Reply: 2012 BMW 3 Series renderings and spyshots (Hybrid coming)