Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

War on Toyota

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-10, 03:16 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys need to stop drinking the Toyota cool aid. Toyota ******d up period, now thanks to the media they have been brought to justice. More information is coming out due to the pressure applied by the media. First Toyota said its just the floor mats, pressure from the media made them admit that there is flaw in the pedal its self . Now Toyota is also admitting that there is an issues with the Prius brakes. I don't care what you say with out pressure from the media Toyota wouldn't give us the kind information we have. Just because you love Toyota doesn't mean it should be kept quiet to keep Toyota clean. The last thing I want is my friends and families safety being jeopardized because a company wants to keep there name clean.
Old 02-04-10, 03:30 PM
GS69
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Red face AutoBlog

AutoBlog is doing their part to lessen the war: Toyota Recall-Free AutoBlog
Old 02-04-10, 03:56 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Let's consider that the Congressional hearings against Toyota will be conducted by congressman John Dingell, and Bart Stupak, both Michigan Democrats with VERY close ties with Detroit and UAW. This is in a time when GM is owned by the US and the UAW.

Over the course of his career, three of Dingell's top four contributors were GM, Ford and Daimler-Chrysler; his wife, Debbie, was an industry lobbyist until their marriage in the early 1980s and continues to work for GM today. According to disclosure forms, the couple owned more than a million bucks' worth of Big Auto stocks and options as of 2006. After the last election, Dingell hired a Daimler-Chrysler lobbyist whose previous job had been keeping Congress from increasing vehicle efficiency standards to serve as the committee's chief of staff.
Old 02-04-10, 04:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bad co
You guys need to stop drinking the Toyota cool aid. Toyota ******d up period, now thanks to the media they have been brought to justice. More information is coming out due to the pressure applied by the media. First Toyota said its just the floor mats, pressure from the media made them admit that there is flaw in the pedal its self . Now Toyota is also admitting that there is an issues with the Prius brakes. I don't care what you say with out pressure from the media Toyota wouldn't give us the kind information we have. Just because you love Toyota doesn't mean it should be kept quiet to keep Toyota clean. The last thing I want is my friends and families safety being jeopardized because a company wants to keep there name clean.
Going overboard? No one is drinking kool aid, there are two sides to each story. There are multiple threads and and a huge one to boot, no one is hiding anything, that is a FALSE accusation.

I trust a Toyota or a Lexus with a recall than pretty much anything else without one. No worries here.

People acting like this is the first major recall ever by a major carmaker

FYI, the floor mat and pedal issue are SEPARATE issues.

Old 02-04-10, 04:14 PM
joe80
Lexus Test Driver

media is beating Toyota to death right now. now the topic is Prius. CNN is talking more about Toyota then any other issues. lol. BBC just talked about toyota for like 20 minutes interviewing Japanese people about how they feel.

agenda or not, media has successfully planted enough doubts on many potential buyers.
Old 02-04-10, 04:18 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by joe80
media is beating Toyota to death right now. now the topic is Prius. CNN is talking more about Toyota then any other issues. lol. BBC just talked about toyota for like 20 minutes interviewing Japanese people about how they feel.

agenda or not, media has successfully planted enough doubts on many potential buyers.
Ford Fusion Hybrid has similar but what it seems more serious issue:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...-a-recall.html

Notice how LA Times is easy on them and says they reacted "quickly". I wonder - issue was fixed in production in October, and Ford reacted only when CR reported it.

How quick is that? ;-)

now wanna bet how much media time will Fusion Hybrid issue get vs Prius? ha!
Old 02-04-10, 04:19 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Going overboard? No one is drinking kool aid, there are two sides to each story. There are multiple threads and and a huge one to boot, no one is hiding anything, that is a FALSE accusation.

I trust a Toyota or a Lexus with a recall than pretty much anything else without one. No worries here.

People acting like this is the first major recall ever by a major carmaker

FYI, the floor mat and pedal issue are SEPARATE issues.
I know where your coming from but you guys are defending Toyota like its your unlace Jim's company. But in truth all they owe you is a dependable car. They have done a great job with that I wont deny it to Toyota.

It's not the first major recall but it's a big one, everyone is talking about. A huge company that is know for it's dependability and it's value is not supposed to have a issue that compromises safety. The media has every right and every good reason to use Toyota as poster child. Prius owners have been complaining about the brakes forever, did anyone care? NO. Now that Toyota is in a mess they are taking this more seriously. The consumer doesn't loose on I don't see why you guys are trying to cover this up.
Old 02-04-10, 04:23 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by bad co
I know where your coming from but you guys are defending Toyota like its your unlace Jim's company. But in truth all they owe you is a dependable car. They have done a great job with that I wont deny it to Toyota.

It's not the first major recall but it's a big one, everyone is talking about. A huge company that is know for it's dependability and it's value is not supposed to have a issue that compromises safety. The media has every right and every good reason to use Toyota as poster child. Prius owners have been complaining about the brakes forever, did anyone care? NO. Now that Toyota is in a mess they are taking this more seriously. The consumer doesn't loose on I don't see why you guys are trying to cover this up.
Personally I think they could have handled it better and the PR department has done a horrid job. I am still confident in the vehicles. Quite frankly I haven't been convinced there is some huge glaring problem. Is there a problem? Seems so. EVERY car and every brand has problems.

The media is the media, they love you one moment and hate you the next. Let them do them.

Can't wait for Car and Driver to beat them up

Old 02-04-10, 04:26 PM
bad co
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Personally I think they could have handled it better and the PR department has done a horrid job. I am still confident in the vehicles. Quite frankly I haven't been convinced there is some huge glaring problem. Is there a problem? Seems so. EVERY car and every brand has problems.

The media is the media, they love you one moment and hate you the next. Let them do them.

Can't wait for Car and Driver to beat them up
None the less I wish the a swift comeback, and I hope the solution that they have created works.
Old 02-04-10, 05:37 PM
UptownGS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I laugh at all this media hype.... I went in today to see if I could get a good deal on the new Sienna... LOL I left the Lexus at the shop to get audio done so I took the xB since the Prius was being driven by someone else.....
Old 02-04-10, 06:15 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought Toyota (NYSE: TM) stock today. Check back in 12 months to see how the stock has bounced back. This is all hysterical blather.
Old 02-04-10, 06:20 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Evitzee
I bought Toyota (NYSE: TM) stock today. Check back in 12 months to see how the stock has bounced back. This is all hysterical blather.
best idea i heard today
Old 02-04-10, 06:25 PM
VVT-i
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

This will hurt Toyota a lot of money and sales. As we all know Toyota has a very deep pocket,so they will bounce back without any bail out.

The media and the gov. forget about the aftermath if Toyota start to lay off some workers( sales drop) and switch to the new vendors(poor quality), guess who will lost the job...American workers at the plants and the American vendors.
Most of the people that looking to buy a Toyota will change their mind and go buy Honda and Nissan instead. I think the hammer game not do us any good.
Old 02-04-10, 07:48 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the (media) hits keep on coming.
Old 02-04-10, 08:14 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
And the (media) hits keep on coming.
big trouble for Prius, minor trouble for Ford.

;-)

Quick Reply: War on Toyota